Table of Contents
Featured Resume Example: Assistant Buyer
Name: CHELSEA STEVENS
Address: City, State, Zip Code
Assistant Buyer with years of progressive retail experience. Well-versed in planning and executing daily and special inventory buys. Proficient in purchasing and procurement environments. Profound knowledge of product allocation and retail buying. Proficient in pricing structure and variation in current market Amazing ability to coordinate with sellers and partners.
Made Systems – Assistant Buyer
04/2016 – Current
Company Name, City, State
- Planned promotional strategies ans seasonal initiatives to
achieve sales targets.
- Coordinated promotional activities and assortment decisions
for +5 core brands.
- Maintained inventories, price lists, material lists and guides for
Home Technologies – Purchasing Clerk
04/2012 – 02/2015
Company Name, City, State
- Executing profit plans and promotional structures for overall department profit.
- Making purchasing decisions in areas owned in a responsible way.
- Entering orders, looking up best seller preparations and advertising structures
Business Analytics Intern
07/2009 – 01/2011
Company Name, City, State
- Met with customers to assess needs and propose customized solutions.
- Structured and finalized secured and unsecured loans.
- Delivered exceptional experience and maintained productive relationships with area small businesses.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Keeping in touch with industry trends and market prices for increasing performance metrics.
- Mentoring assistants by sharing knowledge with them and coaching them.
- Negotiated with vendors in relation to new items and exclusive offers.
- Maintained standard business metrics and performance records.
- Competitive Sourcing
- Market Analysis
- Inventory Control
- Vendor Relations
- Sales Goals
Top 4 Characteristics of a Best-in-Class Assistant Buyer Resume
- Summary A crisp summary that offers insights into your best skills and experiences can make or break your resume. Feature top abilities such as interpersonal skills or inventory management, blending them with your work experience. For example: “Dedicated Assistant Buyer specializing in inventory management and client relations.”
- Skills Make sure you include both technical skills (such as strategic planning, procurement expertise, and proficiency with job-related software) and soft skills (such as communication skills, negotiation ability and a strong work ethic).
- Work History Only include prior experiences that directly relate to the position you’re applying for, in roles such as sales associate, merchandising agent or administrative assistant. For each previous job, come up with three to five bullet points that highlight your top responsibilities and achievements.development, and implementation of corporate-wide projects at 25% less cost than competitors.”
- Education List your highest academic achievement (such as a college degree), along with any special coursework or training you have in related fields such as marketing, fashion design or economics, e.g., “Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB).”
See Why My Perfect Resume is a 5-Star Resume Builder
Find the Right Template for Your Resume
Give your resume the right professional look by using one of our employer-ready templates:
This streamlined, elegant layout can fit virtually any kind of job, and leaves plenty of flexibility for emphasizing specific sections of your resume.
The mix of color fonts and lines give this template a powerful impact. Each section is clearly organized for easy scanning.
This design places special emphasis on your summary, highlighting it with dotted borders. The large header font ensures your resume will get noticed.
Assistant Buyer Resume FAQs
1. What are some top skills for an assistant buyer resume?
- Good analytical skills
- Trend and product research
- Retail knowledge
- Mathematical ability
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Negotiation skills
- Team Player
- Inventory management
- Organizational skills
- Administrative skills
- Report creation and management
- Proficiency with job-related applications
2. How should I customize my resume for each job application?
Scan the job description for top-priority requirements and skills, then update your skills, summary and work history sections with qualifications, abilities and skills that match these requirements. For example, if the position calls for knowledge of software such as AS400 or Brio, feature these proficiencies in your skills section if you have them. Our article How to Create a Targeted Resume has some more examples and tips.
3. Which is the right format for my resume?
As this job typically requires a few years of previous experience, a combination resume format, which presents a blend of relevant job accomplishments and skills, is a good format to use for this position. If you have extensive experience, opt for a chronological format, which places more emphasis on work history and career successes. If you lack experience, choose the functional format, which highlights your skills and training, as well as extracurricular and volunteer activities that fit what the job demands.
4. What are some relevant certifications for this position?
Certifications like these can help buff up your assistant buyer resume:
- Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB)
- Certified Purchasing and Supply Manager certification
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO)
5. What should you avoid in your resume?
- Objective statements: Potential employers care more about your strengths and capabilities than about what you hope to achieve in your career. Use a summary statement instead.
- References: Employers will ask you to send over a list of references separately. Don’t crowd your resume with them. Focus on using the space to present your best skills and experiences.
- Fancy layouts or templates: You might want to leave a strong impression on a recruiter, but using unusual fonts or graphics in your resume might confuse recruiters, as well as ATS. Use a straightforward, professional template instead, and save your colorful personality for the job interview.