Last Updated: October 12, 2022
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICE, BECAUSE THEY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, OR IF AT ANY TIME, THE TERMS ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE TO YOU, PLEASE CEASE USE OF THE SERVICE IMMEDIATELY. IF YOU ARE NOT A US RESIDENT WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO ACCESS OUR LOCALIZED SITES APPROPRIATE FOR YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE OR PREFERABLE LANGUAGE.
- Each time you access and/or use the Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms and any Additional Terms (defined in Section 3(d)) that will apply to you, prospectively.
- You will honor your payment obligations for the services you purchase on the Site. For recurring charges applicable to your subscription, or for single un-scheduled transaction purchases, you agree that third-parties working on our behalf may store your payment information to process such payments. Provider has the discretion to alter prices of its services at any time. You understand that additional fees and taxes may apply to your purchase. You may cancel or suspend your subscription at any time by going to the home page under My Accounts and My Settings Please refer to our Cancellations section for more information. Provider does not guarantee refunds.
- These Terms contain a dispute resolution and arbitration provision, including a class action waiver that affects your rights. Please note that, depending on your country of residence, under certain circumstances, you may be able to bring a dispute before the appropriate authorities or courts in the country in which you reside.
- For US Residents, any disputes under these Terms will be resolved on an individual basis through binding arbitration, with no class relief.
- You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, sale, resale, display, post, transmit, distribute, scrape, reverse engineer, or license any content or intellectual property, copyrights and trademarks on the Service without the Provider’s authorization.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim warranties and conditions and provide the Service “As is”.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, our liability is limited.
- Questions about these Terms may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or as otherwise set forth in these Terms.
1. Your Acceptance and Contractual Relationship.
You represent and warrant that you are of age under the laws of your jurisdiction and/or lawfully able to enter into contracts. If you are not legally able to enter into contracts, you shall not use the Service at any time or in any manner or submit any information to Provider or the Service.
3. Modifications to the Terms or to the Service.
- Terms: Provider can change, update, add or remove provisions of these Terms, at any time by posting the updated Terms on the Site and by providing a notice on the Site. If you do not agree with any of the updated Terms, you must stop using the Service.
- Service: Provider may make changes to the Service at any time, without notice. If you object to any changes to the Service, your only recourse will be to cease using it. Continued use of the Service following posting of any such changes will indicate your acknowledgment of such changes and satisfaction with the Service as modified. Some elements of the Service may only be offered in the desktop version of the Site and may not be, for example, available in the mobile version of the Site. We also reserve the right to discontinue the Service or any component of it, at any time without notice. We will not be liable to you or any third-party should we exercise our right to modify or discontinue the Service.
- Paid subscriptions: Please note that by purchasing a paid subscription services with us, in the event we change the price for the services which you have previously agreed to pay or if we substantially change the services you are paying for, we will notify you of such changes as contemplated in Section 3(a) or by sending you an email notification. Any changes will become effective as of, and reflected on, your next scheduled payment. If you do not agree with such changes you may cancel your paid subscription by communicating with us in accordance with the Cancellation section below.
4. Use of Our Service and Accounts
We provide resume and curriculum vitae building and storage services, resume database and other resume and career enhancement tools and services. For as long as you agree to these Terms and abide by them, you may use the Service. These Terms apply to all Users of the Service, including Visitors and Registered Users.
- Visitors: Visitors may browse the Site in accordance with these Terms, but will not have full access to the Service (which may include but are not limited to contributing content, downloading tools, posting comments or signing up for special programs) without first becoming “Registered Users”.
- Registered Users and Accounts: In order to access certain features of the Service you may be required to become a Registered User. A “Registered User” is a User who has registered an account with us (your “Account”) or who has a valid account on the social networking service (“SNS”) through which the User has connected to the Service (each such account, a “Third-Party Account”). As a Registered User you will have access and view your documents, but will not be able to edit, print or save them unless you are a Subscriber.
- Subscriber. Clients that have entered in an agreement with Provider to receive additional access in order to create, modify, print, download, and share their resume and/or cover letter as well as make use of additional Site offerings are considered subscribers (“Subscriber”). Subscriber offers may vary from time to time. Please review the information included on your purchase order confirmation email and/or contact our Customer Service team if you have any questions. You will need to be a Registered User in order to have a subscription and be considered a Subscriber.
- Registration Data: In registering for the Service, you agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service’s registration form (the “Registration Data”); and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account.
You may not share your Account or password with anyone, and you agree to (A) notify Provider immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security at email@example.com; and (B) exit from your Account at the end of each session.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Provider has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Provider has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof). Provider shall be entitled to monitor your username and password and, at its discretion, require you to change it. If you use a username and password that Provider considers insecure, Provider will be entitled to require this to be changed and/or terminate your Account. Provider reserves the right to remove or reclaim any usernames at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to, claims by a third party that a username violates the third party’s rights. You agree not to register for an Account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for an Account on behalf of any group or entity unless you are authorized to bind such person, group or entity to these Terms (see “Shared Accounts” below). By registering another person, group or entity you hereby represent that you are authorized to do so.
- Access through Social Networking Sites: If you access the Service through an SNS as part of the functionality of the Service, you may link your Account with Third-Party Accounts, by allowing Provider to access your Third-Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third-Party Account. You represent that you are entitled to disclose your Third-Party Account login information to Provider and/or grant Provider access to your Third-Party Account (including, but not limited to, for use for the purposes described herein) without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third-Party Account and without obligating Provider to pay any fees or making Provider subject to any usage limitations imposed by such third-party service providers.By granting Provider access to any Third-Party Accounts, you understand that Provider may access, make available and store (if applicable) any information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags and/or other materials accessible through the Provider internet properties that you have provided to and stored in your Third-Party Account (“SNS Content”) so that it is available on and through the Provider internet properties via your Account. Unless otherwise specified in the Terms, all SNS Content shall be considered to be your User Content (as defined in Section 5) for all purposes of these Terms. Depending on the Third-Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third-Party Accounts, information that you post to your Third-Party Accounts may be available on and through your Account on the Provider internet properties.Please note that if a Third-Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or Provider’s access to such Third-Party Account is terminated by the third-party service provider, then SNS Content will no longer be available on and through the Provider internet properties. You have the ability to disable the connection between your Account and your Third-Party Accounts at any time by accessing the “Settings” section of the Service. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND PROVIDER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT MAY BE PROVIDED TO IT BY SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS IN VIOLATION OF THE PRIVACY SETTINGS THAT YOU HAVE SET IN SUCH THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS. Provider makes no effort to review any SNS Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality or non-infringement, and Provider is not responsible for any SNS Content.
- Shared Accounts: A Shared Account is controlled by the member who created the account, and whose payment method has been charged (the “Account Owner”). The Account Owner may invite or authorize other third parties to share in their subscription. Any additional users joining in the Shared Account will be required to create their own separate and independent profile in order to have a distinct and personalized experience with our Service. The additional users will be able to share in the Account as long as the Account Owner retains an active subscription. When the Account Owner cancels or deletes their Account, the shared access is also terminated.
5. Your Content and Your License to Us.
As a Registered User you may upload, post, share, reframe, transmit or otherwise make available (“Make Available”) your User Content through the Service. “User Content” means, without limitation, your Account information, resume, career history, educational history, reviews, ratings, rankings, responses, videos, photos, pictures, audio, profile entries, posts, questions, career materials, testimonials, submissions, pictures and/or any other information you provide on or through the Service or that we may create for you. When you create an Account or provide career information on or through the Service (including via forms available on the Site or by uploading a resume) you agree that you are solely responsible for the accuracy of your User Content. You agree that Provider may offer information that is of most interest to you.
You may choose to make some of your User Content public on the Service. For some of our features, other members may be able to request email notifications of your new public User Content or publish their own comments to your comments. We may use the User Content to improve our service, make connections with potential employers, personalize site views, market services, promote or show you other career building services or tools, and identify or feature popular members.
For clarity, you retain ownership of your User Content at all times. However, by posting, uploading and/or Making Available any User Content within the Service, and/or by providing any communication or material to Provider, you automatically:
- Grant Provider a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable through multiple tiers, and transferable, license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Content in connection with the Service and Provider’ (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels (now known or later developed). We may modify or adapt your User Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to your User Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to any requirements or limitations within the Service, or of any networks, devices, services or media; including, but not limited, to structured data markups for content ratings. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your public User Content, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms. To the extent permitted by applicable law, (i) the above licenses granted by you in User Content you submit to the Service will survive even if you remove or delete your User Content from the Service and, (ii) the above licenses granted by you in forum comments, testimonials or submissions you submit are perpetual and irrevocable. Except with respect to your User Content, you agree that you have no right or title in or to any other content or Materials (see Section 11 below) that appears on or in the Service, including, but not limited to any information associated with another Account or user profile or stored on or in the Service.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, waive all moral rights in the User Content which may be available to you in any part of the world and confirm that no such rights have been asserted;
- Appoint Provider as your agent with full power to enter into any document and/or do any act Provider may consider appropriate to confirm the grant and assignment, consent and waiver set out above;
- Warrant that you are the owner of the User Content and entitled to enter into these Terms and that the User Content does not infringe the proprietary or privacy rights of any third party;
- Confirm that no such User Content will be subject to any obligation, of confidence or otherwise, to you or any other person and that Provider shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of such User Content.
- Agree and understand that your User Content is subject at all times to our Acceptable Use Policy
6. Deletion or Deactivation of User Content and/or your Account.
You may request that we delete resumes and cover letters available in your Account by logging into your Account and clicking on the My Settings and “Resumes” or “Letters” tabs. Your User Content can only be deleted from public view by deactivating or deleting your Account by going to your Account and clicking the My Settings and “Overview” tab. When you request that your public User Content be deleted, your resume or profiles will no longer be visible to other users within the Service, but if your User Content, including your information, was previously accessed, stored, and/or copied by others, we are unable to delete the information from their systems. When you deactivate your Account or ask that we delete your User Content we will retain logs and non-personally identifiable information about you along with an archival copy of your information, which is not accessible by you or third parties within the Service but which might be used for recordkeeping and internal legitimate business purposes. If you terminate your Subscription, you will still be able to use your login credentials as a Registered User to access and view the documents uploaded on your Account. This information will be available to you if you have an Account open. If you wish to close your Account and delete your data from our systems, you can do so by clicking here or by contacting our Customer Service team. You also agree and understand that some of the content that we may create for you may not be able to be deleted once uploaded to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Disclaimer. Provider does not endorse any User Content submitted to the Service by any user or other licensor, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Provider expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Content. Provider does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Service, and Provider will remove User Content if properly notified that such User Content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights (please refer to our Copyright and Intellectual Property Infringement Notification Section). Provider reserves the right to remove User Content without prior notice.
7. Our Community and Our Acceptable Use Policy.
This section provides the acceptable use policy (“AUP”) which defines acceptable practices relating to the use of the Service, including limitations on User Content, system abuse and security. The Service must be used in a manner that is consistent with the intended purpose of the Service and the terms of the applicable agreement with Provider, including our Terms. By using the Service, you consent to be bound by the terms of this AUP. If you do not agree with anything in this section, you must discontinue use of the Service. For purposes of this section, “Provider” includes all of Provider’s affiliates, including direct and indirect subsidiaries.
- Summary of Generally Prohibited Conduct: You will not use the Service to transmit, distribute or store material in a manner that: (i) violates any applicable law or regulation; (ii) may adversely affect the Service or other Users; (iii) may expose Provider to criminal or civil liability, or (iv) violate, infringe upon or otherwise misappropriate any third-party rights, including intellectual property rights, rights of publicity and privacy rights. You are prohibited from facilitating the violation of any part of this section or applicable third-party policies, including, but not limited to transmitting, distributing, or otherwise making available any product or service that violates this section or another provider’s policy.
- Responsible Use of the Service: Please act responsibly when using the Service. You may only use the Service and its contents for lawful purposes and in accordance with applicable law and you are prohibited from storing, distributing or transmitting any unlawful material through the Service. You may not collect or store personal information from other users. You recognize that storing, distributing or transmitting unlawful material could expose you to criminal and/or civil liability. You agree that if a third party claims that material you have contributed to the Service is unlawful, you will bear the burden of establishing that it is lawful. You understand and agree that all materials publicly posted or privately transmitted on or through the Service are the sole responsibility of the sender, not Provider, and that you are responsible for all material you upload, publicly post or otherwise transmit to or through the Service.
- Content Limitations. We require that you do not post resumes, cover letters, send e-mails or submit to or publish through forums available on the Service, or otherwise make available on the Service any content, or act in a way, which in our opinion:
- Libels, defames, invades privacy, stalks, is obscene, pornographic, racist, abusive, harassing, threatening or offensive;
- Disparages, criticizes, belittles, parodies or otherwise portrays in a negative light any actor appearing in the content;
- Seeks to exploit or harm children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
- Infringes any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including violating anyone’s copyrights or trademarks or their rights of publicity;
- Violates any law or may be considered to violate any law;
- You do not have the right to transmit under any contractual or other relationship (e.g., inside information, proprietary or confidential information received in the context of an employment or a non-disclosure agreement);
- Advocates or promotes illegal activity;
- Impersonates or misrepresents your connection to any other entity or person or otherwise manipulates headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of the content;
- Solicits funds, advertisers or sponsors;
- Includes programs which contain viruses, worms and/or “Trojan horses” or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, overload, collapse, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications;
- Disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to scroll faster than other users are able to type, or otherwise act in a way that affects the ability of other people to engage in real time activities via the Service;
- Copies any other pages or images on the Service except with appropriate authority;
- Includes illegally sourced MP3 format files;
- Amounts to a “pyramid” or similar scheme;
- Amounts to “data warehousing” (i.e., using any web space made available to you as storage for large files or large amounts of data that are only linked from other sites);
- Disobeys any policy or regulations established from time to time regarding use of the Service or any networks connected to the Service; or
- Contains links to other sites that contain the kind of content that falls within the descriptions described above.
- In addition, you are prohibited from removing any sponsorship banners or other material inserted by Provider anywhere on the Service (e.g., on any web space made available for your use).
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE COOPERATE WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT AND REPORT SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY.
- System Abuse: Without limitation, you agree not to:
- Send, create or reply to so called “mailbombs” (i.e., emailing copies of a single message to many users, or sending large or multiple files or messages to a single user with malicious intent) or engage in “spamming” (i.e., unsolicited emailing for business or other purposes) or undertake any other activity which may adversely affect the operation or enjoyment of this Service by any other person;
- Copy, display, distribute, duplicate, aggregate, redistribute, alter or modify, any of the content available within the Service, or User Content in any medium, or to any other individual or entity, other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Service for their intended purpose;
- Use any automated software or devices, such as spiders, robots or data mining techniques such as scraping, spidering, crawling or any other techniques to download, store, distribute or otherwise reproduce content within the Service and/or the Service itself;
- Use or copy the Service including any data you view on and/or obtain from the Service to provide any product or service that is competitive to the Service determined in Provider’s sole discretion;
- Interfere with, interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Service or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Use the Service in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Provider’s server, or networks connected to any Provider’s server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Service;
- Gain unauthorized access to the Service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Provider’s server or to the Service, through hacking, cracking, and distribution of counterfeit software, password mining or any other means;
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any software accessed through the Service, including any proprietary communications protocol used by Provider;
- Use information obtained from the Service to transmit any commercial, advertising or promotional materials without Provider’s written permission and except as expressly authorized by Provider, advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any purpose;
- Provide any contact information which is not current and accurate, impersonate or create a false identity or falsify any information;
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Service, or other user or usage information or any portion thereof;
- Exploit, distribute or publicly communicate any error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage; or
- Reproduce, sell, resell or otherwise exploit any resource, or access to any resource, contained on this Service.
- Violation of Security Systems: You are prohibited from using any services or facilities provided in connection with the Service to compromise its security or tamper with system resources and/or accounts. The use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security (e.g. password guessing programs, cracking tools or network probing tools) is strictly prohibited. If you become involved in any violation of system security, Provider reserves the right to release your details to system administrators at other sites or to law enforcement in order to assist them in resolving security incidents.
- Responsibility for Content. Provider takes no responsibility for any material created or accessible on or through the Service and will not exercise any editorial control over such material. Provider is not obligated to monitor such material, but reserves the right to do so.You acknowledge that Provider has no obligation to pre-screen User Content, although Provider reserves the right in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse or remove any User Content. By entering into these Terms, you hereby provide your irrevocable consent to such monitoring. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of your User Content, including without limitation videos, comments, any chat, text, or voice communications that may be facilitated through the Service. In the event that Provider pre-screens, refuses or removes any User Content, you acknowledge that Provider will do so for Provider’s benefit, not yours. Provider may provide you with tools to flag User Content, however, Provider makes no promises or representations regarding removal of flagged User Content.Violations of this AUP may be reported to: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Additional Services
A. Resume Posting
We provide resume and curriculum vitae building services and tools. In addition, our “Resume Posting Services” may facilitate the posting of your resume or a career profile on various third-party career sites. If you sign up for our Resume Posting Services, you agree that we will use proprietary web-based information gathering tools to create a career profile for you. You further agree that the wording and interpretation of your information for purposes of Resume Posting Services will be in our sole discretion and we will not be liable for any decisions to include, not include or phrase information about you as part of the Resume Posting Services. You understand, and consent to, that prior to posting of your career profile or resume on a third-party career site, Provider will be accepting terms and conditions of use and privacy policies, and other policies that it might be prompted to accept, on these third-party career sites. By using our Resume Posting Services you’re accepting full and total responsibility for the actions Provider performs on your behalf and at your request as if you had performed those actions yourself. You further acknowledge and agree that you will take full responsibility and are personally liable for any consequences arising from your use of the Resume Posting Services.
Provider may also offer job posting and resume submission features as part of the Service in certain locations or jurisdictions. These features may be used only by individuals seeking employment and/or career information. In the same vein, certain Provider services may only be used by employers seeking employees.
Depending on your location or jurisdiction, Provider may provide job alerts or may use third parties and automated search engines to provide job alerts, matching employment opportunities found on third-party job searching sites with your resume or career profile, job search requests submitted by you, and/or other usage data relating to your use of the Service. Provider tries to match the information available to ensure employment opportunities presented to you in job alerts and match the type of career opportunities desired by you but Provider makes no guarantee that you will receive career opportunities or the job alert leads you desire.
B. Resume Parsing
Provider may also offer additional services that may help you in your application process, such as tracking your resume and facilitating the transfer and interpretation of your resume data by the third-parties involved in your application process (“Resume Parsing”). Upon downloading your resume, you agree that Provider may include a metadata and an identifier into your resume and share it with third-parties such as parsing companies, applicant tracking systems (ATS), and employers for the purpose of facilitating your application process and allowing such third parties, through technology, capture your data, process it, and deliver it to the prospective employer to whom you have submitted a job application.
To see if the link on you resume has been clicked, please go to your Resume Analytics pannel in your Account. Your Resume Analytics pannel may give you data regarding your Resume Parsing activities, which may include (when available) the number of times your resume has been ‘parsed’, dates, and location. Note that all of this information may not always be available. Due to privacy, we are not able to give you the name of the person, entity or third party who is parsing your resume. We do not guarantee the accuracy of the information on your Resume Analytics pannel, nor the time or the location displayed on your Resume Analytics pannel, as some people may be using blockers or VPNs to avoid tracking technologies such as the one in your Resume Parsing service. Each time the third party performs a parsing function over your resume, such activity will be automatically featured on the Resume Analytics pannel and will show the user with the total number of parsing activities for your unique downloaded resume, which carries a specific document id. Your resume may be parsed multiple times within a single application process. Therefore, note that the number of parsing activities in your Resume Analytics pannel may be triggered by the same third party and may not be indicative that different third-parties or employers have parsed or viewed your resume. You may download multiple resumes to capture a unique ID on each one enabling you to track the activities of each of such resumes.
We may also enable a notification system to notify you when your resume has been parsed, which we may do by email or text, should such service become available. Such notifications shall be made (when available) under the terms and conditions contained herein applicable to notifications to our subscribers. You acknowledge that the actual time between a parsing activity over your resume and the time the notification is sent to you depends on a number of factors, including your wireless service and coverage within the area in which you are located at that time, and that such notices may be delayed, experience delivery failures, or face other transmission problems. Email notices may be affected by Internet outages and other problems impacting the transmission and receipt of email messages. Additionally, and if you choose to download a word version of your resume, we will be able to notify you through the Resume Insight page each time such document is opened. This security functionality allows you to not only make sure you can track how many times your word document has been opened, but also from where. Note this information may not always be accurate as some people may be using blockers or VPNs to avoid tracking technologies such as the one in your Resume Parsing service.
You may always opt-out of the Resume Parsing services and from receiving these notifications. To opt-out please visit your Resume Analytics pannel or contact customer service. The Provider makes no guarantee that you will receive career opportunities or that the notices of Resume Parsing services will meet your requirements.
Please remember that the Resume Parsing services will only become available if you download the resume from this site and share your resume with third parties as part of your application process. The Resume Parsing service and any corresponding notice is not triggered by Provider and is only triggered upon your direct sharing of your resume with third-parties that are enabled with the parsing technology necessary to process the Resume Parsing services. That said, note that not all employers nor ATS are equipped with Bold’s proprietary technology and therefore, you will only receive notice only from those employers and ATS that have the Resume Parsing technology integrated in their systems. Our Resume Parsing technology has the ability to share your resume data with 100% accuracy. However, this 100% accuracy will be dependent on the capabilities of the technology that the third-party has enabled in their systems to upload and read your resume. Therefore, Provider cannot guarantee that these third-parties receiving your resume will have the capabilities necessary to enable a 100% accuracy when processing your resume. By sharing your resume with third parties, you do so at your own risk.
C. Digital Resume and public Resume Database
1. Digital Resume
Provider may offer “Digital Resume Services”. The Digital Resume Services will allow you to create an online digital profile using either your existing resume data or by creating a digital profile from scratch using our proprietary builder (“Digital Resume”) which, once published, will be available online through a unique web address and part of our online public Digital Resume database. If you sign up for our Digital Resume Services, you agree that we will use the information you provide us to create your Digitall Resume, which once you agree to publish it, will be publicly available. Third parties may get access to your Digital Resume by multiple routes, either by your direct sharing of your Digital Resume link, by performing searches in publicly available search engines, such as Google, Bing, or through our publicly available resume database The system will create distinctive and unique Digital Resume IDs that will allow you to identify if someone has looked at the Digital Resume associated with such link. To see if your Digital Resume has been viewed, please go to your Online Resume Analytics page in your Account.
When you create your Digital Resume you also agree to have your data transferred to any of our affiliate websites and third parties. This will enable us to provide you with our services and, as part of it, make your profile more visible. Visit your Privacy Settings page at any time to change your privacy preferences.
Your Digital Resume Analytics pannel will give you all the data regarding your Digital Resume, which may include (when available) the number of visits, visit dates, location of the visitor, source, and a number of contact requests received in the last 30 days. Note that all of this information may not always be available. Due to privacy, we are not able to give you the name of the person looking at your Digital Resume. We do not guarantee the accuracy of the information on your Digital Resume Analytics pannel, nor of the location of the person looking at your Digital Resume, as some people may be using blockers or VPNs to avoid tracking technologies such as the one in your Digital Resume. Also, each time the third party visits your Digital Resume, the visit will be automatically featured on the Digital Resume Analytics pannel and will provide user with the total number of visits grouped based on the following characteristics: source, country, city, and timestamp. If the “Include your Digital Resume link” option is enabled for a specific resume, the visits that get attributed to those links will be featured on the Digital Resume Analytics pannel along with the Digital Resume unique ID they came from. By default, when the Digital Resume gets published you will be given a web address with a unique identifier that will allow us to track and gather the above data, your resume will then be automatically made part of our resume database. This tool will help your profile get more visibility. However, and although we do our best efforts to provide you with accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy of any of the above tracking data or statistics displayed on your Digital Resume Analytics pannel.
Your Digital Resume will include the information you provided and agreed to publish, as well as a contact form that enables anyone that has access to your Digital Resume link to request to contact you. WE WILL NOT DISCLOSE YOUR CONTACT DATA TO ANY THIRD PARTIES. However, we have no obligation to pre-screen information provided by you, this means that if you decide to include your contact data in any section on your Digital Resume, it will be published and publicly available to everyone. Each time a third party visits your Digital Resume and issues a contact request, we will send you an email notification with the contact data and message left by the third party (“Sender”). If you choose to continue the communications with the Sender, you do so entirely at your own risk. Your communications with the Sender are not under the control of the Provider, and you acknowledge that the Provider is not responsible for any aspects of the content/information you receive from the Sender. If you elect to use our Digital Resume, you understand that (a) your Digital Resume will be available for anyone, including third parties, and (b) your communication with such third-party will be at your own risk. The Provider does not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information you might be requested to give the Sender, and you irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to such communication and from the use of the Digital Resume. The Provider makes no guarantee that you will receive career opportunities, or the job alert leads you desire, nor that the communications received from the Sender will meet your requirements. The Provider is not responsible for any messages, or hyperlinks embedded in messages obtained from the Sender. Under no circumstances will Provider be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on the information from the Sender or your communication with the Sender. The Provider makes no effort to review any contact request from the Sender for any purpose, including accuracy, legality or non-infringement.
As part of creating your Digital Resume, you may be offered an option to be featured on other Digital Resumes that share some of the same qualifications, job experience, or titles “Similar Profiles”. You can change your preferences at any time and we will no longer feature your profile on other digital resumes. We do not guarantee that you will be featured on any profile. You can come back at any time to set your preferences. Please refresh your browser if you don’t see your changes applied or contact our Customer Service team.
ANY COMMUNICATION WITH THE SENDER WILL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS. PROVIDER GROUP (DEFINED IS SECTION 18) WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE) RESULTING FROM ANY USE OR MISUSE OF THE DIIGITAL RESUME. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW ALL OR ANY PART OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO APPLY TO YOU, THE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
2. Resume Database
Provider may offer as part of the service a free publicly available searchable database to which anyone can have access. When you decide to publish a Digital Resume you will be automatically included as part of the database and your Digital Resume will be searchable by anyone unless you actively opt-out. We will not show your address, phone number, or email address unless you have agreed to make this information available. When you create a Digital Resume it will be available for others to see, copy and use that information. Provider is not obligated to make available any information on the Digital Resume and can remove it at any time without notice. You can change your privacy setting at any time by logging into your account and clicking on My Settings. Provider has no control over how third parties will use the information publicly visible on the database and you agree to share it at your own risk. Our searchable database will provide aleatory results depending on the job title and location where potential employers are looking to hire. Results are based on a computer system that provides results that best match the words imputed on the search form. If you prefer to have your Digital Resume private please set your privacy preferences on your Settings page and we will remove your profile from all search bases.
To the extent permitted by applicable law in your jurisdiction, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Provider and its officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors, and affiliates from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from your use of Digital Resume and its inclusion on our public resume database (or Contact form if you are acting as a Sender).
Please note that the cancellation of your subscription will not result in the unpublishing of your Digital Resume. Your Digital Resume may be unpublished by deleting your Account. You can manage your Digital Resume privacy setings by logging into your Account. You can edit your Digital Resume content and design within the constraints of the feature as well as manually publish and unpublish your Digital Resume. Please note that with the Digital Resume unpublishing, the contact form feature, as well as the tracking feature, will be automatically disabled and your Digital Resume won’t be accessible to third parties. However, once your information is disclosed on Digital Resume, it may have been already previously accessed, stored, and/or copied by others, and therefore, we are unable to delete the information from third-party’s systems. By sharing your Digital Resume with third parties, you do so at your own risk. Once your Digital Resume is published we have no control over your publicly available data.
If you are using the contact form available through Digital Resume to contact any of the users, thus you are acting as a Sender. As Sender, you acknowledge that Provider has no obligation to pre-screen information provided by you through the contact form. However, Provider reserves the right in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or remove any information. By using the contact form on the Digital Resume you are agreeing to these Terms, and you hereby provide your irrevocable consent to such monitoring. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of the information (including your name, surname, contact data) provided through the contact form. If Provider pre-screens, refuses, or removes any information provided through the contact form, you acknowledge that Provider will do so for Provider’s benefit, not yours. Furthermore, you understand that the Provider does not guarantee the user will respond to your contact request.
As Sender, you are requested to provide true and accurate data in the contact form. You must not provide the data of an individual other than yourself. We will send a copy of the information provided in the contact form to your email address.
You recognize that storing, distributing, or transmitting unlawful material could expose you to criminal and/or civil liability. You agree that you are responsible for all material or information you send. Furthermore, you are obliged to refrain from transmitting any commercial, advertising, or promotional materials, or use the Digital Resume for commercial purposes. We require that you do not provide any content that violates any law or may be considered to violate any law. You are obliged to abide by all the applicable law, as well as you agree to abide by these Terms, and in particular obligations set out in sec. 7 of these Terms.
D. Feedback Tool
Provider may offer “Feedback Tool”. The Feedback Tool will allow you to share a link of your resume created on our Site with anyone and receive comments on the document shared. Once you share the link to your resume, it will be publicly available to everyone that gets access to that link and accepts our Terms and Conditions. That is why we recommend you send the link only to persons you trust. Each person with access to your link will be able to provide feedback on your document by adding comments. We will notify you via email each time you receive a comment on your resume. You can deactivate these notifications at any time. If you elect to use our Feedback Tool, you understand that (a) your resume will be available for anyone that gets access to the link and (b) your communication with such third-party (“Feedback Provider”) will be at your own risk. The Provider does not make any representations or warranties as to comments you receive. You irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to such comments and from the use of the Feedback Tool. The Provider makes no guarantee the comments received will meet your requirements. The Provider is not responsible for any hyperlinks embedded in comments received. Under no circumstances will Provider be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on the comments or your communication with the Feedback Provider. The Provider makes no effort to review any comments for any purpose, including accuracy, legality, or non-infringement. Please note that once you send the link to your resume with a request to provide comments, we cannot guarantee any other person than Feedback Provider will not have access to your resume, as we have no control over how the Feedback Provider uses the link you share. Due to privacy purposes, you can deactivate the link to your resume manually at any time. The link will also expire once you deactivate or delete your Account. However, once you send a link of your resume, it may have been already previously accessed, stored, and/or copied by others, and therefore, we are unable to delete the information from their systems. By sending a link of your resume you do so at your own risk. If you are providing comments to the resume shared with you, thus you are acting as a Feedback Provider. As a Feedback Provider, you understand that you can use the link to the resume shared by one of our users solely for the purpose of providing comments on the content of the user’s resume. You take full responsibility for any use of the received link for any other purpose or against the will of the user. Furthermore, you acknowledge that Provider has no obligation to pre-screen your comments. However, Provider reserves the right in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, alter or remove any comment. We may use the comment for any purpose we believe is necessary, especially to improve our service, for marketing services, or testimonials. You agree that you are responsible for the comments you provide. We require that you do not provide any content that violates any law or that it may be considered to violate any law. As a recipient of the link of the Digital Resume, you agree to abide by all the applicable law and by these Terms, and in particular, obligations set out in sec. 7 of these Terms.
Provider may offer “InterviewCheck”, an additional service that may help you prepare for your recruitment process. InterviewCheck allows you to answer questions that may be used in a real-life job interview and receive feedback on your answers. The questions prepared beforehand by our experienced team members are examples and we cannot guarantee that they will appear in the real-life job recruitment process. You irrevocably waive any claim against us for your use of the Interview check.
The questions are open and we have no control over your answers. Provider makes no effort to review any input for any purpose, other than to provide you with feedback on your answers, including accuracy, legality or non-infringement. You agree that you are solely responsible for the accuracy, legality or non-infringement of your input. You warrant that you are the owner of the input and entitled to enter into these Terms and that the input does not infringe the proprietary or privacy rights of any third party. You confirm that no such input will be subject to any obligation, of confidence or otherwise, to you or any other person and that Provider shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of such input. We require that you do not provide any content that violates any law or that it may be considered to violate any law.
Once you complete the simulation, we will display to you a final score and summary based solely on your answers (hereinafter collectively the “summary”). The summary will be a result of an automatic interpretation of your answers. Provider does not make any representations or warranties as to the summary you receive. Your summary is illustrative and we cannot guarantee that it will reflect the same results in the real-life recruitment process. Under no circumstances will Provider be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on the summary. The Provider makes no guarantee that the score or summary received will meet your requirements.
You can also access the summary through a link that we can send at your request to the mail address you provided. We strongly recommend that you be careful when entering the email address. If you enter the incorrect email address or purposely enter another person’s email address, third parties may access your summary. Please note that once you provide an email address, we have no control over how you or a third party will use your summary. Due to privacy purposes, the link to the report will be active for a limited period. However, once a request to receive a link of your summary is fulfilled, it may have been accessed, stored, and/or copied by third parties and we are unable to delete the information from their systems.
By sharing the link to your summary, you do so at your own risk. You take full responsibility for using the received link for any other purpose than acknowledging your summary. Furthermore, you confirm that Provider has no obligation to pre-screen your summary. However, Provider reserves the right to pre-screen, refuse, alter, or remove any summary at its sole discretion. We may use the summary for any purpose we believe is necessary, especially to improve our service, for marketing services or testimonials.
Please note that in some cases you may use the Interview check as a Visitor. If that’s the case, all provisions set out in these terms that apply to Registered User will apply to you accordingly, in particular Sec. 5-7 of these terms.
F. Resume Storing Service
Provider offers a resume and cover letter storing service free of charge as part of being a Registered User and having an active Account in our system. As long as you have an active username and password you will be able to access the documents you have created or uploaded into our system. As a Registered User you will always be able to view these documents, but will not be able to edit, print, or share unless you have an active subscription. This service will be available even after canceling your subscription, so you are able to come back at any time and have all your documents waiting for you. If you do not want us to keep your documents, you may request your data be deleted by clicking here or contacting our Customer Service team.
G. Resume Buttons
Provider may make available Resume Buttons to include as part of your resume. These buttons are interactive and will provide an additional method of contact for employers that receive your resume. If you add a Resume Button to your resume, when an employer receives your resume, he/she will be able to click on the button(s) and contact you through a form. The information included on the form is confidential and is only shared with third parties that are part of the job application process. By including Resume Buttons on your resume you accept to share your information with the employer and any third party that is part of the job application process.
Once an employer communicates with you through the Resume Button feature you will receive a notification on your Dashboard and also an email. You may also sign up to receive text notifications, this may be enabled or disabled on your Dashboard or via text message. The number of text notifications you will receive will depend on how many times you are contacted. Standard text message rates may apply.
The Resume Buttons feature is optional and may not always be available. By including Resume Buttons, you authorize us to share the information included on your resume and receive messages from employers who wish to contact you further,
All disclaimers, requirements, and waivers previously stated in subsection (c) Online Resume apply to the Resume Buttons feature, including consent and acknowledgment by employers that we may inform customers via text message they have been contacted using Resume Buttons.
H. Other Career Enhancing Services
As part of Provider services, you will be part of our career enhancing and professional development offerings that will provide you with a wider set of options to help you broaden your career. We want to help you get your resume out there and enhance your career in any possible way. Therefore, Provider may show or send you information about opportunities available. By using our services, you also agree for Provider to share your information with third parties that we work with and that help us on the process of building career services. Sometimes, the sharing of information with third parties may involve a monetary compensation. You may manage your privacy settings at any time by login to your Account page, and clicking on the Settings section, or by contacting our friendly Customer Service team.
9. Payments and Subscriptions.
If you purchase any services that Provider offers for a fee, either on a one-time or on a subscription basis, you agree that Provider’s third-party vendors may store your payment information. You also allow Provider, through such third-party vendors, to use your payment method on file to process your subscription recurring charges and to process un-scheduled purchase transactions made by you through the Site. You also agree to pay the applicable fees for the services you order (including, without limitation, periodic fees for monthly or annual subscriptions, or any additional administrative charge that may be applied) as they become due plus all related taxes, and to reimburse us for all collection costs and interest for any overdue amounts.
Any recurring charge will be fixed at the price agreed to at the time of purchase. The specific billing terms for the services you order will be described on the offer page on the Site. When you sign up for automatic or recurring billing, you will be again notified of the billing terms and how to stop recurring billing on your transaction receipt. By signing up for Provider services with recurring billing, you will be deemed to agree to those billing terms as described specifically on the Site. In the event that your payment method does not successfully process you authorize us to complete a partial payment of the available balance on your card. The remaining balance will be charged on a separate transaction either to the same card or any other card on file.
For un-scheduled purchases, such as individual resume downloads, prints or emails, when such purchases are available, you agree that the Provider will charge your payment method on file for each of such un-scheduled purchases, individually, at the time of purchase. Such individual transactions are final and therefore, if you want a new modified version of your downloaded, printed or emailed resume, it will require a separate purchase.
Provider offers certain premium services such as Resume Review, Resume Writing, Premium Career Report and Cover Letter Writing, which may not be included in the cost of Provider’s basic subscription services. Failure to pay for these premium services, if purchased, may result in the termination of your subscription. Also, trial offers may give you access to certain limited services and include one download, print or email only, with additional downloads, prints, or emails charged separately, during the trial period. Please read your trial offer carefully.
Depending on where you transact with us, the type of payment method used, and where your payment method was issued, your transaction may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices, because of exchange rates. Your transaction may also be subject to foreign currency exchange fees assessed by your bank or card issuer. Provider is not responsible for any foreign currency exchange fees or surcharges and will not make any compensation or reimbursement for charges imposed by your bank or card issuer. Provider does not support all payment methods, currencies or locations for payment. If the payment method you use with us, such as a credit card, reaches its expiration date and you do not edit your payment method information or cancel your Account or the applicable service, you authorize us to continue billing that payment method and you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. Your obligation to pay fees continues through the subscription period until you cancel your subscription. All applicable taxes are calculated based on the billing information you provide us at the time of purchase.
Provider has the discretion to alter prices for services at any time, subject to the notification terms of Section 3 (Modifications).
As part of the Site’s offering, you may have the option to pause your subscription for one month. This will temporarily suspend your subscription, and you will not be charged for your next scheduled billing. Once a pause subscription request is received, it will be applied from your next recurring bill date and will be in place for one month or until you resume your subscription. During a paused subscription period, you will have limited access to your account (i.e., you will not have access to your documents) but will always have the option to resume your subscription and access all of your documents as you normally do. If you resume your subscription during the pause period, you will set a new recurring billing date. After the pause period has ended, you will be automatically charged your monthly subscription fee. Please refer to the confirmation email for exact dates and contact our Customer Service team for any questions.
You may cancel your subscription anytime by contacting our customer service department or by going to the online cancel page under My Accounts and My Settings. Provider will send an email with a cancellation number to confirm any cancellation request. If you do not receive this confirmation and still wish to cancel, please contact our customer service department directly for further assistance. Provider may issue a refund if notice of cancellation of your subscription is provided before the end of the trial period if a trial period is offered. Provider does not guarantee refunds after trials are expired.
Notice to the European Union residents: Due to the nature of the Services, by accepting these terms you agree to the immediate delivery of the Services and related digital content and you understand that you lose your right to withdraw from these Terms.
You acknowledge that any services that you purchase are subject to these Terms and any additional terms related to the provision of any product or service.
We do our best to describe every product or service offered on the Service as accurately as possible. However, we are human, and therefore we do not warrant that product specifications, pricing, or other content provided as part of the Services is complete, accurate, reliable, current, or error-free. In the event of any errors relating to the pricing or specifications, Provider shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders in its sole discretion. Additional terms may apply.
11. Our Intellectual Property, Trademarks and Copyrights.
Except with respect to your User Content and other Registered Users’ Content, you agree that, as between you and us, Provider (and our affiliated companies and suppliers) own all rights, title and interest in the Service and all tools, and all related intellectual property rights. The Service as a whole is copyrighted as a collective work, and individual works or content appearing on or accessible through the Site owned by or licensed to Provider or its content providers are likewise subject to copyright protection domestically and internationally. Likewise, all data files, program files, software, code, proprietary methods, systems and other materials that are made available to download from or used to provide the Service (“Materials”) may not be copied, modified, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, sold, offered for sale, or redistributed in any way without our prior written permission and the prior written permission of our applicable licensors. The Materials are protected by copyrights, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights.
You must abide by all copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in or attached to any of our Materials. Nothing in this Agreement grants you any right to receive delivery of a copy of our Materials or to obtain access to our Materials except as generally and ordinarily permitted through the Service according to these Terms. Certain names, logos, distinctive features, source identifiers and other materials displayed on the Site or in the Services, including its “look and feel”, constitute trademarks, tradenames, service marks, trade dress or logos (“Trademarks”) of us or other entities. All Trademarks not owned by Provider that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners. You are not authorized to use any such Trademarks. Ownership of all such Trademarks and the goodwill associated therewith remains with us or those other entities. Unless you first obtain the copyright owner’s prior written consent, you may not copy, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform (in the case of sound recordings), or create derivative works from any copyrighted work made available or accessible via the Service. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Service.
12. Your Use of Materials.
Your right to make use of the Service and any Material or other content appearing on it is subject to your compliance with these Terms. Modification or use of the Material or any other content on the Service for any purpose not permitted by these Terms may be a violation of our intellectual property rights (see Section 11 above) as protected by law and these Terms and is prohibited.
You may copy, access, download and display Materials and all other content displayed on the Service for non-commercial, personal or entertainment use on a single computer only. The Materials and all other content on the Service may not otherwise be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, distributed, licensed or used in any way unless specifically authorized by Provider. Any authorization to copy or download Material granted by Provider in any part of the Service for any reason is restricted to making a single copy for non-commercial, personal, entertainment use on a single computer only, and is subject to your keeping intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Using any Material on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited. Also, decompiling, reverse engineering, disassembling, or otherwise reducing the code used in any software on the Service into a readable form in order to examine the construction of such software and/or to copy or create other products based (in whole or in part) on such software, is prohibited (please refer to our Acceptable Use Policy for more information).
Notice to the European Union residents:
If you are an EU resident, your statutory rights and your other rights derived from the Directive 2009/24/EC of 23 April 2009 on the legal protection of computer programs, implemented accordingly by each Member State, remain unaffected. Besides exceptions to the restricted acts all and any actions require authorization by the Provider.
13. Public Discourse and Forums.
The Service may include various bulletin boards, chat rooms, community pages, comments or chat features, or other forums (“Forums”) where you can post User Content, including, but not limited to, your observations and comments on designated topics and on others’ User Content. Provider cannot guarantee that other Users will not use the ideas and information that you share. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or do not want others to use, do not post it publicly on the Service. When you disclose information or rely on any information in the Forums, you do so at your own risk. Provider reserves the right to, but has no obligation to, monitor the Forums, or any postings or other materials that you or other users transmit or post on the Forums, to alter or remove any such materials, and to disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to operate the Service properly or to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests. Furthermore, you acknowledge that a large volume of information is available in these Forums and that people participating in such Forums may occasionally post messages or make statements, whether intentionally or unintentionally, that are inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, abusive or even unlawful. Provider neither endorses nor is responsible for such messages or statements, or for any opinion, advice, information or other utterance made or displayed in the Forums by you or the other users. The opinions expressed in the Forums reflect solely the opinions of you and/or the other users and may not reflect the opinions of Provider. Provider is not responsible for any errors or omissions in postings, for hyperlinks embedded in messages or for any results obtained from the use of the information contained in the Forums. Under no circumstances will Provider be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on the information in the Forums or posted User Content or your use of the Forums or User Content. ANY USE OF THE FORUMS WILL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS.
14. Invited Submissions.
From time to time, areas on the Site may expressly request submissions of ideas or improvements through promotions, surveys or otherwise (“Invited Submissions”‘). Sometimes Provider may incentivize users to participate in Invited Submissions. Where this is the case, please carefully read any Additional Terms that govern those submissions, as they will affect your legal rights. If no Additional Terms govern those submissions, then these Terms will apply in full to any Invited Submissions you make. IN ANY EVENT, ANY MATERIAL YOU SEND TO US WILL NOT BE TREATED AS CONFIDENTIAL. Regardless of any industry custom or practice, we will not pay you for the use of any content or submissions that you submit to the Site. Provider may use such content and submissions as user testimonials.
15. Disclaimer Regarding Testimonials.
The Service may contain testimonials and opinions (“Testimonials”) by users of our services. These testimonials reflect the real-life experiences and opinions of such users. However, the experiences are personal to those particular users, and may not necessarily be representative of all users of our services. We do not claim, and you should not assume, that all users will have the same experiences. YOUR INDIVIDUAL RESULTS MAY VARY.
The testimonials on the Service are submitted in various forms such as text, audio and/or video, and are reviewed by us before being posted. They appear on the Service as given by the users, except for the correction of grammar or typing errors. Some testimonials may have been shortened for the sake of brevity where the full testimonial contained extraneous information not relevant to the general public. Photos added next to testimonials may not always represent the person giving the testimonial. The views and opinions contained in the testimonials belong solely to the individual user and do not reflect our views and opinions. We are not affiliated with users who provide testimonials, and users are not paid in cash or compensated for their testimonials unless the testimonial is part of an incentivized Invited Submission.
16. Copyright and Infringement Notification Policy.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and encourage you to do the same. Accordingly, we have a policy of removing content that violates the intellectual property rights of others, suspending access to the Service (or any portion thereof) to any user who uses the Service in violation of someone else’s intellectual property rights, and/or terminate in appropriate circumstances the Account of any user who uses the Service in violation of someone else’s intellectual property rights.
a) Submitting a Notification for Removing Infringing Content. We have implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed copyright infringement and for processing such claims in accordance with applicable law (including 17 U.S.C. § 512 Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”)). If you believe your copyright or other intellectual property right is being infringed by a user of this Site, please provide written notice to our agent for notice of claims of infringement at either:
Attn: BOLD LLC, DMCA Designated Agent,
City View Plaza II, Ste 6000
48 Road 165
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico 00968,
To be sure the matter is handled immediately, your written notice must:
- Contain your physical or electronic signature
- Identify the copyrighted work or other intellectual property alleged to have been infringed;
- Identify the allegedly infringing material in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material;
- Contain adequate information by which we can contact you (including postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address);
- Contain a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material or other intellectual property is not authorized by the owner, the owner’s agent or the law;
- Contain a statement that the information in the written notice is accurate; and
- Contain statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or other intellectual property right owner.
Unless the notice pertains to copyright or other intellectual property infringement, the agent will be unable to address the listed concern.
b) Submitting a Counter-Notification. We will notify you that we have removed or disabled access to copyright-protected material that you provided if such removal is pursuant to a validly received DMCA take-down notice. In response, if you believe the material was removed or disabled by mistake or because of a misidentification of the material, you may provide our agent with a written counter-notification that includes the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States of America, for any judicial district in which we may be located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
c) Termination of Repeat Infringers. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate the account or access of any user of this Site or Service who is the subject of repeated DMCA or other infringement notifications.
Provider seeks to preserve any and all exemptions from liability that may be available under the copyright law, but does not necessarily stipulate that it is a service provider as defined in USC section 512(c) or elsewhere.
17. User Interactions and Release.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Service and any other parties with whom you interact through the Service. If you have a dispute with one or more users (including merchants), you hereby release the Provider Group (defined in Section 18) from any claims, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses and damages (actual and consequential of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. In entering into this release, you expressly waive any protections (whether statutory or otherwise) to the extent permitted by applicable law, that would otherwise limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims which you may know or suspect to exist in your favor at the time of agreeing to this release. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
18. Disclaimer of Warranties.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE AND ALL THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, AND OTHER CONTENT IN THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, PROVIDER AND ANY SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES OF THE PROVIDER (“PROVIDER GROUP”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS IMPLIED OR COLLATERAL, RELATED TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE PROVIDER GROUP DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE PROVIDER GROUP DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR CONDITIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIAL, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES OR OTHER CONTENT ON THE SERVICE OR ANY WEB SERVICES LINKED TO THE SERVICE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. THE PROVIDER GROUP MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS THAT YOUR USE OF SERVICE, OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, OR OTHER CONTENT IN THE SERVICE OR ANY WEB SERVICE WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND THE PROVIDER GROUP ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, OR OTHER CONTENT OF THE SERVICE OR ANY OTHER WEB SERVICE.
IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
IF YOU ARE ACCESSING THE SERVICE FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS THAT TO DO NOT RECOGNIZE DISCLAIMERS OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF EITHER PARTY OR THEIR SERVANTS, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES.
19. Limitation of Liability.
THE PROVIDER GROUP DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE) RESULTING FROM ANY USE OR MISUSE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE, OR THE MATERIAL, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES OR OTHER CONTENT ON THE SITE OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS UPON WHICH LIABILITY IS CLAIMED AND EVEN IF ANY MEMBER OF THE PROVIDER GROUP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOU (AND NOT ANY MEMBER OF THE PROVIDER GROUP) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION IN THE EVENT OF ANY SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING.
IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW ALL OR ANY PART OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO APPLY TO YOU, THE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
To the extent permitted by applicable law in your jurisdiction, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Provider and its officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors and affiliates from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from your breach of these Terms, including any of the foregoing provisions, representations, warranties or conditions, and/or from your placement or transmission of any content onto Provider’s servers, and/or from any and all use of your Account.
Provider reserves the right to investigate suspected violations of these Terms, including without limitation any violation arising from any submission, posting or e-mails you make or send to any Forum. Provider may seek to gather information from the user who is suspected of violating these Terms, and from any other user. Provider may suspend any users whose conduct or postings are under investigation and may remove such material from its servers as it deems appropriate and without notice. If Provider believes, in its sole discretion, that a violation of these Terms has occurred, it may take any corrective action it deems appropriate, as permitted by applicable law. Provider will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Provider to disclose the identity of anyone posting any e-mails, or publishing or otherwise making available any materials that are believed to violate these Terms. BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS ALL MEMBERS OF THE PROVIDER GROUP FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY MEMBER OF THE PROVIDER GROUP DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND/OR FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER A MEMBER OF THE PROVIDER GROUP OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
22. Third-Party Sites.
The Service may link you to other sites on the Internet that may not be affiliated with Provider. These sites may contain information about job opportunities, employers, job candidates or material that some people may find inappropriate or offensive. These other sites are not under the control of Provider, and you acknowledge that (whether or not such sites are affiliated in any way with Provider), Provider is not responsible for the accuracy of job postings, employer descriptions, candidate resumes, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of such sites. The inclusion of such a link does not imply endorsement of any site by Provider or any association with its operators. If you elect to use such third-party sites, and/or if you elect to ‘click’ on a link or button, you understand that (a) you will be leaving our Site and (b) your use of any such third-party sites will be subject to any terms and conditions and privacy policies required by the applicable third-party provider(s). Provider does not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you might be requested to give any third party, and you irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to such sites. We strongly encourage you to use caution before providing any sensitive information (e.g., social security numbers or financial information) to any third party and to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any communications with any of these third parties.
23. Governing Law.
To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable jurisdiction, these Terms shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws applicable to the merchant outlet location that processed your payment. Therefore, for transactions processed by BOLD LLC, the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, shall apply. If your transaction was processed by Auxiliant S.à.r.l, the laws of Luxembourg shall apply.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, If you are a U.S. resident, except as otherwise provided in this section or as otherwise required by law, these Terms involve transactions between the parties in interstate commerce and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 USC § 1-19 of the United States of America. Judgment upon any interim or final award shall be entered and confirmed in any court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction. The substantive law of the State of New York (excluding its conflicts of law provisions) shall apply to all disputes and these Terms. If there is a difference between the Federal Arbitration Act and New York law, the Federal Arbitration Act controls. In any circumstances where the foregoing Terms permit the parties to litigate in court, the parties hereby agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within New York, New York for such purpose.
These Terms will not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
Please read this carefully if you are a resident of the United States of America. It affects your rights. Depending on your place of residence, these Terms may not apply to you.
- US Residents: To the fullest extent permissible by law, with the exception of disputes pertaining to Provider’s intellectual property rights and certain statutory claims that, pursuant to law, are not arbitrable, any dispute of any kind between you and Provider arising under these Terms shall be resolved through binding arbitration pursuant to the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures on an individual basis with no class relief. The arbitrator shall be a retired judge or justice of any New York state or federal court with substantial experience in the internet industry and shall follow New York substantive law in adjudicating the dispute, except that this Section 24 shall be construed as a “written agreement to arbitrate” pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”). You and we agree that we intend that this Section 24 satisfies the “writing” requirement of the FAA. The hearing shall be conducted in the county that encompasses the billing address you have provided to Provider. For any claim in which you seek U.S. $10,000.00 or less, you shall have the choice as to whether the hearing is conducted in person, by telephone, or instead the arbitrator decides the dispute without a hearing. For those claims that the arbitrator determines are not frivolous, Provider shall pay the costs and fees of JAMS and the arbitrator. Provider agrees that it will not seek reimbursement from You for its costs and fees incurred by it in the arbitration. AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT TO PURSUE YOUR CLAIM ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND A WAIVER OF THE ABILITY TO PURSUE YOUR CLAIM IN A CLASS ACTION.
- Non-Us Residents: If any controversy, allegation, or claim (including any non-contractual claim) arises out of or relates to the Site or these Terms, then you and we agree to send a written notice to the other providing a reasonable description of this Section 24(b) dispute, along with a proposed resolution of it. Our notice to you will be sent to you based on the most recent contact information that you provide us. If no such information exists or if such information is not current, then, we have no obligation under this section. Your notice must be sent to us at email@example.com. For a period of sixty (60) days from the date of receipt of notice from the other party, Provider and you will engage in a dialogue in order to attempt to resolve the dispute, though nothing will require either you or Provider to resolve the Section 24(b) dispute on terms either you or Provider, in each of our sole discretion, are uncomfortable. Nothing in this Section will prevent a party from pursuing their claims in Court or another complaint process.
- EU Residents: You may have a right to of out-of-court settlement of certain disputes in accordance with Regulation (EU) No. 524/2013. Details can be found in Regulation (EU) No. 524/2013 and at: Online Dispute Resolution . We are neither obliged nor willing to participate in an out-of-court dispute resolution procedure before a consumer arbitration board. Your statutory rights regarding the choice of law and venue, to the extent applicable, remain unaffected.
25. Local Regulations.
Provider makes no representation that Materials or other content on the Service are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States of America (“United States”), and if accessing the Service from outside the United States, then Provider makes no representation that Materials or other content on the Site are appropriate or available for use from your current location. Provider may have certain localized websites available to you in the United Kingdom, Canada, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Poland and Spain, and their territories, possessions and protectorates, but makes no representation as to availability and appropriateness of the Service in such jurisdictions. If you choose to access the Service from other locations outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk.
You are responsible for complying with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
26. Electronic Communications.
The communications between you and Provider may be made through electronic means, whether you visit the Service or send Provider emails, or whether Provider posts notices on the Service or communicates with you via email. For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from Provider in an electronic form; and (2) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Provider provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were to be in writing. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights.
27. California Residents Notice.
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California residents are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: The Service is provided BOLD LLC. If you have a question or complaint regarding the Service, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us by writing us at BOLD LLC, City View Plaza II, 48 Road 165 Suite 6000, Guaynabo, PR 00968, USA. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by post at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834 or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210 or Hearing Impaired at TDD (800) 326-2297 or TDD (916) 322-1700. Email: email@example.com.
Do not Sell or Share my Personal Information
To make a Do Not Sell or Share my Personal Information request, please submit your information using the form available here or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and following the instructions.
If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire agreement between you and Provider relating to the matters contained here and the Site.
29. Contact Us.
The Site is controlled and operated by Provider. Whether you access the services through any of our internet properties or family Sites you may contact Provider using the information provided herein. Please forward any comments or complaints about the Site to email@example.com or write to BOLD LLC, City View Plaza II, Suite 6000, Guaynabo, PR 00968, United States of America or to Auxiliant S.à.r.l, 1A, rue Thomas Edison, L-1445 Strassen, Luxembourg.