Best Sales Resume Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Sales professionals are necessary for most industries, including retail, advertising, real estate and insurance. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects approximately 1.9 million openings annually through 2031 to permanently replace workers who leave their jobs.
Still, you must write a resume to beat the competition and obtain a great sales job. That’s why we’re here. We’ll help you build the perfect sales resume or CV and create an effective cover letter to accompany it. Plus, we offer some great resume, CV, and cover letter examples to get you started.
Resume examples for top sales jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Sales resume FAQ
1. What’s the ideal resume format for a sales job resume?
There are three standard resume formats. The one you choose should depend on your level of work experience and career goals.
- Functional format: Entry-level applicants will benefit from this format. The layout focuses on skills, allowing you to showcase everything that you can do.
- Combination format: This format puts the skills and work experience on equal footing. It’s a great option if you have a few years of experience as a sales professional.
- Chronological format: Ideal for a seasoned sales professional with many years of experience, this format showcases expertise through a detailed work history section.
2. What are some common skills required for sales jobs?
Hiring managers for sales jobs look for applicants who have a mix of soft and hard skills, specifically:
- Relationship building
- Business operations
- MS Office Suite
- Customer relationship management software
- Time management
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Customer service
3. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
For most sales jobs, you must have a bachelor’s degree in the type of sales discipline you want to focus on. Many sales professionals have bachelor’s degrees in business, marketing or advertising and obtain additional training and advanced degrees in order to advance in their careers.
4. What is the salary potential for a professional in sales?
The average salary for a sales job in the United States in 2021 was $85,120.00, but a professional sales average salary will be different, depending on the specific job title. For example:
5. What does the career progression for a professional sales look like?
Career progression depends on what kind of sales you are in, but overall it’s a great time to join this profession.
Overall employment in sales occupations is projected to show little or no change from 2021 to 2031 but new workers are needed as people leave their jobs. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects an average of 1.9 million openings each year.