Best Sales Resume Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Sales professionals are necessary for most industries, including retail, advertising, real estate and insurance. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects approximately 1.9 million openings annually through 2031 to permanently replace workers who leave their jobs.
Still, you must write a resume to beat the competition and obtain a great sales job. We can help you.
Resume examples for top sales jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Sales resume FAQ
What’s the ideal resume format for a sales job resume?
There are three standard resume formats. The one you choose should depend on your level of work experience and career goals.
- Functional format: Entry-level applicants will benefit from this format. The layout focuses on skills, allowing you to showcase everything that you can do.
- Combination format: This format puts the skills and work experience on equal footing. It’s a great option if you have a few years of experience as a driver.
- Chronological format: Ideal for seasoned drivers with many years of experience, this format showcases expertise through a detailed work history section.
What are some common skills required for sales jobs?
Hiring managers for sales jobs look for applicants who have a mix of soft and hard skills, specifically:
- Relationship building
- Business operations
- MS Office Suite
- Customer relationship management software
- Time management
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Customer service
What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
For most sales jobs, you must have a bachelor’s degree in the type of sales discipline you want to focus on. Many sales professionals have bachelor’s degrees in business, marketing or advertising and obtain additional training and advanced degrees in order to advance in their careers.
What is the salary potential for a professional in sales?
The average salary for a sales job in the United States in 2021 was $85,120.00, but a professional sales average salary will be different, depending on the specific job title. For example:
What does the career progression for a professional sales look like?
Career progression depends on what kind of sales you are in, but overall it’s a great time to join this profession.
Overall employment in sales occupations is projected to show little or no change from 2021 to 2031 but new workers are needed as people leave their jobs. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects an average of 1.9 million openings each year.
What is the difference between a CV and a resume?
The main difference between a CV and a resume is the length and content. A CV is typically longer, at least two or three pages, and contains more detailed information than a resume. A CV typically includes information like work experience, academic achievements, awards, and other professional accomplishments. A resume is usually one page and is more of a summary of the applicant’s skills and experiences. Our CV Maker can help you create a CV fast.
Do I need a cover letter for my resume?
Yes, it is always a good idea to write a cover letter to send with your resume. A cover letter can help to provide a more detailed introduction to your qualifications and skills and explain why you are the best fit for the job you are applying for.
Review our library of more than 200 cover letter examples for inspiration.
Should I use a resume builder?
Our Resume Builder can help you write a professional resume fast.
- It ensures accurate formatting: A resume builder eliminates the need to manually format a resume, ensuring that all the formatting is consistent and accurate.
- It saves time: Resume builders allow you to quickly and efficiently create a professional-looking resume in a fraction of the time it would take to create one manually
- It provides access to professional templates: Resume builders provide access to a range of professional-looking resume templates, which can be easily adapted to your own needs.
- It allows for customisation: Resume builders allow you to customise your resume, ensuring that it stands out from the crowd and reflects your individual personality and skills.
- It simplifies the process: Resume builders simplify the process of creating a resume, allowing you to focus on the content of the document rather than the formatting.
How do I use your Resume Builder?
It’s easy to use our Resume Builder.
Sarting with a resume template, add job-specific content pre-written by experts, customize it to your needs and download it!
How do resume examples help me write a resume?
Resume examples can help you get an idea of what a professional resume looks like and give you a better understanding of what sections to include, how to format the document, and how to phrase content. Additionally, they can provide you with ideas for what skills, experience, and qualifications to highlight in order to make your resume stand out from the competition.
Do you have CV examples?
Yes. If you need a CV, we offer more than 300 CV examples, including CV examples for sales jobs for you to review.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.