Top Cover Letter Templates for 2021
Best Cover Letter Templates by Industry
Healthcare Cover Letter Templates
Education Cover Letter Templates
High School Teacher
Management Cover Letter Templates
Customer Service Cover Letter Templates
Customer Service Associate
Customer Service Lead
Customer Service Manager
Hospitality Cover Letter Templates
Director of Hotel Sales
Front Office Clerk
Cover Letter FAQ
1. How do I make sure my cover letter is successful?
A successful cover letter should fulfill two aims: It should be neatly formatted for easy reading, and the content should catch hiring managers’ attention. To fulfill the first goal, use our templates as a model, and keep your letter to-the-point and under a page.
To ensure your content fits the bill, consult the job description and pinpoint important keywords that you should mention in your letter. For example, if you’re applying to a customer service position that stresses knowledge of Customer Relations Management (CRM) systems, mention your experience with CRM in your letter. This will also help your letter pass automated applicant tracking systems (ATS), which many employers use to scan cover letters for the right keywords. Our Resume Example page can help.
Finally, your cover letter should answer the most important question: Why are you interested in the job and the company? Explain why you think you can succeed in the position, and why you believe you’re a good fit. Employers will be impressed by a cover letter that shows you’ve done your homework, and given thought to how you can contribute.
2. Do I need a different cover letter for every job?
Yes. Each job has different requirements, and each company has a different culture, and different goals. Your cover letter should show an understanding of the specific job you’re applying to, and communicate why you believe you’re a good fit for both the job and the company. That means you need to get specific, and avoid a one-size-fits-all approach. Use the professional cover letter templates on this page as a starting point, and revise the content of your letter for each job.
To save even more time, use our Cover Letter Builder , which will assist you in writing and saving customized versions of your document, with plenty of helpful tips for filling out each section.
3. What file format should I use for my cover letter?
Our templates can be saved as Word and PDF documents, which are the two most common formats for cover letter submission. To get started, just click the template of your choice.
4. Why didn’t my cover letter help me get an interview?
If your cover letter isn’t getting a second look with employers, check to see if it falls into one of these common traps:
- Your letter is generic. Your letter should address the specific job opening, and how your skills fit what the job requires. Hiring managers will be turned off by a cover letter that suggests that you haven’t done much research into the position and company.
- Your letter doesn’t display honest interest and enthusiasm. It’s easy to say “I’m excited about this job opportunity.” It’s harder to show why you’re excited. Provide a detail or two about why you think this position is good for you and your career, and why you’re intrigued by the company. Show you’ve done your homework.
- Your letter regurgitates your resume. No need to repeat everything from your resume in your cover letter — instead, focus on your top qualifications, why the position interests you, and how you can make a positive impact in the new job.
- Your letter has typos or poor formatting. Use our Cover Letter Builder and you’ll be assured your letter has a clean format. Also, make sure to keep your letter concise — one page is standard — and proofread and spell-check your document.
The Benefits of Using
Our Cover Letter Templates
Employer-friendly design and formatting:
Don’t fret about your cover letter look and layout. Our professionally designed templates are easy for you to use, and for employers to read.
Expert content suggestions:
Our job and industry-specific examples also provide you with a guideline on how to best present yourself and your qualifications.
Easy to customize:
It’s easy to adapt our templates to create cover letters for different job opportunities.