Table of Contents
What is a Chronological Resume?
The chronological resume is the most popular format job applicants use for a resume. This format emphasizes your work history, focusing on your top job accomplishments and responsibilities, along with related top skills. To impress employers who put a premium on professional experience, the chronological format is the logical choice.
What’s the difference between chronological resumes and other resume formats?
- Features a comprehensive overview of your work history
- Show off extensive career experience and expertise
- Includes a list of key skills
- Presents your top qualifications in detail
- Organizes your skills under important subcategories
- Includes related training and nonprofessional activities
- More on the functional resume
- Features a combination of work experiences and skills
- Emphasizes relevant skills and work history, rather than a full rundown of both
- Appropriate for workers who have a few years of experience, are changing careers, or are returning to the workforce after time off
- More on the combination resume