What is a Chronological Resume?
The chronological resume is the most popular format job applicants use for a resume. This format emphasizes your work history, focusing on your top job accomplishments and responsibilities, along with related top skills. To impress employers who put a premium on professional experience, the chronological format is the logical choice.
What’s the difference between chronological resumes and other resume formats?
- Features a comprehensive overview of your work history
- Show off extensive career experience and expertise
- Includes a list of key skills
- Presents your top qualifications in detail
- Organizes your skills under important subcategories
- Includes related training and nonprofessional activities
- More on the functional resume
- Features a combination of work experiences and skills
- Emphasizes relevant skills and work history, rather than a full rundown of both
- Appropriate for workers who have a few years of experience, are changing careers, or are returning to the workforce after time off
- More on the combination resume
Save Time With our Resume Builder
1. Professional, Customizable Templates
Stand out with MyPerfectResume’s eye-catching templates! Building a noteworthy resume has never been easier or faster.
2. Expertly Crafted Phrases
Don’t get stuck writing about your work experience. Create an impressive resume with our pre-written, industry-specific bullet points!
3. Popular Format Downloads
Need your resume in PDF, word, or an image file? You’re in control with multiple export and download options.
4. Optimize Your Resume
With resume score and resume check, we’ll rate the strength of your resume and guide you through actionable steps to make a resume that showcases your best professional self!
5. Customize Your Resume to The Job
Copy and paste a job description from any listing and get a job-specific resume match score. We’ll guide you through tailoring your resume for the job!
6. Up Your Application Game
With Smart Apply, we’ll help you find an opportunity, customize your resume, create a matching cover letter, and download your documents. We’ll even send you to the web page where you can apply!