As seen in:*Foot Note
This is the perfect basic resume for a well-organized simple resume that efficiently presents your skills and work history.
With its prominent header and elegant fonts, this simple resume template conveys style and class while maintaining a readable layout.
Basic resume doesn’t have to mean boring. Bold lines, italicized headers and strong fonts give this design a fresh look.
This polished layout offers a simple resume format where you can highlight your qualifications with class.
This basic resume template uses dividing lines between each section to give it an edge without compromising its simplicity.
This basic resume stands out thanks to its simple, elegant monogram graphic in the header. For this profession feature leadership and collaboration skills.
This simple resume template gives you space to perfectly organize your information in crisp bullet points — well-suited to jobs that rely on attention to detail.
This basic resume template arranges the header on the left for a unique look while maintaining a sharp, minimalist look.
Download free simple resume templates
We don’t just provide basic resumes — we also have simple resume templates free to download with just one click. If you want other types of free templates, we have professional resume templates, creative resume templates and modern resume templates you can take a look at.
This free simple resume template is an excellent option for people of all career levels who want their information to be easily readable.
This straightforward and sleek design makes this a great simple resume format for virtually any job.
A bright header bar gives this free simple resume template a splash of style, while the section headings are arranged on the left for quick navigation.
Communicate your skills and qualifications with this basic resume template, which keeps things streamlined and simple with its dot graphics.
Make a statement with this free basic resume template, which uses snappy fonts and color combinations to catch the eye.
Heading colors for this free simple resume template are customizable, giving you flexibility on presentation. Judicious spacing between sections results in a neat, uncluttered look.
Check out our 5-Star Reviews
Basic resume templates do’s and don’ts
- Use a basic resume template for a straightforward, professional look. A simple resume template is a great way to organize your skills, work history and education, rather than potentially confusing employers with an intricate resume design. It’s also a breeze to add details and customize your resume.
- Decide what format is best for you before writing your resume. Choosing a resume format will come down to your experience. If you have 10 or more years in the same industry use a chronological format, which emphasizes your work history. If you lack experience, a functional format will highlight your job-ready skills. And if you’re in-between, with three to nine years of work experience, use a combination format that features relevant skills and work experiences.
- Focus on tangible achievements. Did you exceed retail sales goals by an average of 12%? Did you manage a team of eight accountants successfully during tax season? Numbers will help your simple resume template shine and give recruiters a better understanding of your capabilities and work ethic. For more advice on describing your work accomplishments, see this article.
- Use a simple resume template for certain professions. If you’re applying for a job in a more creative field such as marketing or art and need to show off a more out-of-the-box, innovative approach, consider a template with a more visually striking design. You may also want to use a template with more flair to stand out from other job applicants.
- Hold back from adding additional sections if needed. Do you have certifications or special training that relate to the job? Have you learned professional skills that make you a great candidate? You can always add more sections (such as “Professional Training” or “Certifications”) using our Resume Builder to update your basic resume template.
- Don’t forget to review your resume before you send it in. No matter how good your simple resume template looks, misspellings and grammatical errors can turn off employers. Use our Builder’s spell-checking tools and review your document thoroughly before downloading and sending it in. You should also make sure your resume can pass applicant tracking system (ATS) scans following these tips.
Additional resources for your simple resume template
Choosing a simple resume template is just the first step. Here are other expert resources you can use to make a strong resume and cover letter and look like the perfect candidate:
- How to Write a Resume: From start to finish, you’ll find everything you need to know about writing a resume.
- Top Skills for a Resume: Feature the right hard and soft skills in your basic resume template.
- How to Write Work Experience on a Resume: There’s more to capturing work experience than adding employment dates. Here are all the tips, tricks and examples.
- 100+ Resume Summary Examples: Learn how to capture the recruiter’s attention right away with the perfect resume summary.
- 50+ Resume Objective Examples: What’s the difference between a resume objective and a resume summary? Learn that and more in our article.
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Make the best first impression with a cover letter. Use our writing guide to create a compelling cover letter.
- Cover Letter Templates: We have the perfect cover letter templates to compliment your simple resume template.
- Cover Letter Examples: Looking for inspiration? Our library has over 500 cover letter examples made by experts.
- Top 15 Phone Interview Questions: A phone interview is normally the first contact with your potential employer. Be sure to get called for a second interview with our tips.
Advantages of using our resume maker
Stand out with My Perfect Resume’s eye-catching templates! Building an impressive resume has never been easier or faster.
Don’t get stuck writing about your work experience. Create an impressive resume with our pre-written, industry-specific bullet points!
Need your resume in PDF, word, or an image file? You’re in control with multiple export and download options.
With resume score and resume check, we’ll rate the strength of your resume and guide you through actionable steps to make a resume that showcases your best professional self!
Copy and paste a job description from any listing and get a job-specific resume match score. We’ll guide you through tailoring your resume for the job!
With Smart Apply, we’ll help you find an opportunity, customize your resume, create a matching cover letter, and download your documents. We’ll even send you to the web page where you can apply!
Top Interpersonal Skills for Job Seekers: A Job-Seeker’s Guide
Interpersonal skills aid the interpretation of and response to signals sent by others. Our experts share examples and advice.
Why Should We Hire You Over Other Candidates?
Our experts share insight into why recruiters ask this question and sample answers to help you prepare.
Resume References Examples (+ How to List References on a Resume)
A professional reference can vouch for your qualifications and achievements. Write your reference list using our guide.