Executive Search Firms
Sites with Job Listings
This page features listings of executive search firms who handle searches across multiple industries countries and job categories. Most are retained firms but some may offer other services. Firms who specialize in a particular and/or region of the world are included on those specific pages.
The list is alphabetical according to the first letter of the firm’s name. To search the page for a search firm that works in your industry use the Control-F command to open a Keyword Find for this page then type in the word you want like “packaging” or “healthcare”.
Please remember that recruiters work for the employers who have hired them not for you. They do not work to help you find a job. They work to help their client successfully fill a position. While they appreciate hearing from you and about you do not expect to hear from them unless you fit a search profile they are currently pursuing. Please review our page on Working with Recruiters & Search Firms for more information on recruiters and how they work.
You might also want to review our page for the Executive Job Search as well as our listings or Recruiters & Staffing Firms. You could also use the Directories of Recruiting Firms to create your own contact list.
Make a resume with
My Perfect Resume
Our Resume builder can help you write the perfect resume. Start Now!
Quick Tip from a Search Consultant: Your resume might be retained by a search firm for two or three years so create and keep an active email account for the long-term and check it every week or so. A free Yahoo! mail or Google Mail account can be one of your best investments. Also consider keeping that mobile phone number that you put on your resume even if your relocation takes you to a different part of the country.
A Short List of Search Firms
Executive Search Firms – A B C
- Academic Search International
- One of the world’s leading academic search firms. Office in Auckland (NZ) Sydney (Australia) and Hong Kong are complemented by strategic alliances with other firms in North America and Europe to give ASI a truly global reach. They have a list of current searches on their site and qualified candidates are welcome to submit a CV and letter of application for consideration in a specific search. You are also welcome to register with them for future consideration (they also encourage you to register with Bluesteps.com). The site is filled with good information on relocation academic practices in other countries recent searches they have completed their client list and much more.
- Abacus Group
- An executive recruitment firm specializing in the permanent and temporary placement of accounting and finance accounting support and financial service professionals. Their current opportunities include many many accounting specialties as well as IT development and adminstrative support positions. These opportunities are centered around New York City (northern NJ Stamford CT etc.). Qualified persons are welcome to submit a resume for a specific position or for future consideration.
- Adams Inc. Financial Recruiting
- Based in Omaha Nebraska Adams Inc specializes in recruiting and placing executives for the Banking & Financial Trust & Investment and Credit Card industries nationwide. At the time of review their website listed numerous opportunities in all of these industries from across the US. You can see the job title and location and if these interest you please fill out their form so a recruiter can contact you. Their Library has some excellent articles with advice on the job search working with recruiters and much more.
- AIMS International
- “Works actively in over 50 countries across all continents and operates in over 90 offices with more than 350 consultants. As a partnership of owner-managed executive search firms AIMS International provides a wide array of customized solutions in Retained Executive Search and in Talent Management.” Their expertise covers numerous industries offering local as well as international executives a wealth of opportunities. You can review a list of their many office and contact them directly or qualified candidates are welcome to submit their credentials and interests via email or their simple form.
- Alden & Associates
- “Founded in 1999 Alden & Associates Inc. provides executive search and consulting services to colleges and universities. The firm focuses on executive search with primary specializations in athletics administrators head coaches chief of staff/presidential assistants and general counsel search work.” You can review some of the current searches they are handling as well as some recent searches they closed. Qualified Athletic Administrators and Senior Administrators are welcome to Join the Database (submit a resume) for consideration for future searches.
- Allen Adell Inc.
- Retained executive search for the healthcare industry. Highly qualified candidates may submit resumes to the email address given.
- Allen Associates
- Based in Cincinnati OH Allen Associates is a nationally recognized retained search firm focused on Chief Executive Officer Senior Level Functional and Board Director assignments in Advertising Home Appliances & Electronics Building Products Housewares Branded Products and many other industries. Qualified candidates are welcome to submit a resume for consideration but please note that only those candidates who match the qualifications for current searches will be contacted. Your resume will be retained for the future but you may not receive an immediate response from the firm.
- An executive search and selection service based in Bristol UK and offering services across 35 countries (including the US). AlpinaSearch is a member of the MRINetwork and focuses in the following industries and disciplines: Telecommunications Software Solutions; Wireless Multimedia and Broadcasting Solutions; Mobile Applications; IP/Convergence; Renewables/Environmental Technologies; Executive Management Positions; Sales and Marketing Disciplines. There are no current searches to review but qualified and interested candidates are always welcome to contact them to discuss possibilities.
- American Association of Finance and Accounting (AAFA)
- An alliance of executive search firms specializing in the recruitment and placement of finance and accounting professionals. Job listings can be found under some of the recruiters listed or you can search the entire database.
- AMI Network
- An executive search firm based in Los Angeles but handling searches across the US for leaders in Finance and Accounting Real Estate and Healthcare. You can review a short list of current searches as well as several past placements. Qualified individuals are welcome to submit a resume in response to a specific search or for future consideration.
- Amrop Battalia Winston
- Founded in 1963 Amrop Battalia Winston is the world’s largest woman-owned executive search firm. They handle US and international searches for clients in varied industries ranging from start-ups to Fortune 10 global enterprises. Qualified candidates are welcome to review information on the firm as well as a very short list of current searches and to submit and manage their credentials through their confidential system.
- Andcor Companies Inc.
- Based in Minnesota and working worldwide “Andcor has been accelerating the growth of hundreds of emerging companies in nearly every industry and function ranging from innovative start-ups to corporate incubators to fast growing public companies.” Andcor welcomes resumes from qualified executives from director/manager level to CEO who seek opportunities with the country’s leading companies in emerging growth.
- Anderson Biro
- Executive search firm based in Cleveland OH but recruiting professionals nationwide to fill positions in Real Estate Financial Services Credit and Collections Private Equity Accounting and Finance. No current search posted but they welcome contact from financial experts who are open to new growth and leadership possibilities.
- Anthony’s Executive Search
- Based in Wichita KS Tony Stutey has over 25 years experience as a recruiter and works across industries. Some current searches are posted on his site.
- Austin McGregor Executive Search
- “Our strength is recruiting President/CEO’s and their executive team members. Our clients range from billion dollar publicly-traded companies to venture-backed startups in both the Commercial and Federal markets.” I do not see a specific “submit your resume” link but highly qualified candidates can contact the individual partners by phone or email.
- Barrows Search Associates
- A nationwide Executive Search and Technical Recruiting firm. “We work with small to medium size companies as well as Fortune 1000 corporations. Our search capability can take us to any part of the United States and Ontario Canada. Our specialty areas include but are not limited to “C” Level Executives Plant and Operations Management Engineering Finance Human Resources IT Supply Chain and other related professionals.” Candidates can review a number of current searches on their website but please be aware that other confidential searches are not posted here. Highly qualified professionals interested in exploring new opportunities are welcome to submit resumes for consideration in current and future searches. Engineers in all fields should look at this site. They have some exclusive arrangements with interesting clients.
- B.E. Smith
- “Improving lives through healthcare recruitment.” A leading US healthcare executive search firm working in all 50 states and handling over 500 searches a year. Qualified healthcare administrators and practitioners can review current searches on the website and submit a resume for consideration.
- Beech Hill Group
- Based in Newnan Georgia (just north of Atlanta) this retained search firm was founded by consultants with over 20 years experience working with numerous industries.
- Bell Oaks Executive Search
- “Our particular expertise is placing mid- to upper-level talent in positions from managers to executive vice presidents.” Their work covers many industries including Consumer Services Real Estate and Industrial & Manufacturing. Bell Oaks is based in Atlanta Georgia. They do not have a list of current searches on their site but welcome inquiries and resumes from potential candidates. I also suggest you take a look at their many good articles on Industry Trends as well as Career Management under “Insight”.
- Benchmark Executive Search
- Based in McLean VA near Washington DC this retained executive search firm represents technology clients nationwide and recruit for both the Commercial IT and Federal markets. “Our strengths include enterprise applications infrastructure software security SaaS open source consumer Internet Web 2.0 IT services and networking/communications etc. In our Federal practice we recruit division Presidents/GMs & VPs/Directors of Business Development/Sales and Board of Directors/Advisory Board Members for companies looking to expand or understand/penetrate the government market (homeland security defense intelligence and civilian spaces).” Qualified candidates can learn more about this firm and submit resumes through their website.
- BlueBridge Group
- An executive search firm specializing in retained senior management searches. Their specialties include Technology Board / Corporate Governance Sales & Marketing and the emerging Israeli technology market.
- Boyden Global Executive Search
- Founded in 1946 Boyden was the first recruiting firm to focus entirely on retained search services. With 70 offices in 40 countries they have a true worldwide presence and a ready to serve clients in all industry sectors and disciplines and they offer Interim Management solutions. Highly qualified candidates are welcome to contact the office nearest to you to submit a resume/CV for consideration.
- The Bridgespan Group
- Founded in 2000 the Bridgespan Group is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that helps nonprofit and philanthropic leaders in the hard work of developing strategies and building organizations that inspire and accelerate social change. Part of the service they offer to such organizations is executive search and you can review a list of their current searches and submit your credentials in response to any listing that interests you.
- Brooke Chase Associates
- An international retained executive search firm in the Kitchen and Bath and Building Materials industry specializing in the identification evaluation and placement of uniquely qualified professionals. Qualified candidates can review some current searches (your application for any is welcome) or merely submit a profile for future consideration. Professionals in these industries will appreciate the list of upcoming trade shows on the website (networking).
- Based in New York City BSBsearch offers retained executive search services based on wide-ranging experience in the not-for-profit sector. Highly qualified persons interested in exploring new opportunities are welcome to review a partial list of past placements and submit their qualifications for consideration in future searches.
- BSG Team Ventures / Boston Search Group
- An executive search partnership with offices in Boston New York City and Cambridge UK. “We specialize in retained search for emerging companies in the US and Western Europe.” The partnership is a combination of US-based Boston Search Group Inc. and UK-based Team Ventures Limited. They engage in searches in the Education & Media Technology Life Sciences and Media & Information Services industries. You can review a current list of searches and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume even if you do not see a search that matches your interests at this time.
- Business System Technologies
- An executive search firm and contract staffing organization based in Red Bank NJ. “We conduct candidate searches for Sales Marketing Engineering Operations and Finance staff and Executive staff for our client firms. We also staff projects with temporary professionals and provide expert consultation.” You are welcome to review some current openings (they do not openly post all searches) and qualified candidates are welcome to submit a resume and cover letter at any time.
- C. Anderson & Associates
- A retained executive search and recruitment services firm that specializes in the placement of top Sales and Business Development Professionals. Based in Minnesota the firm serves clients nationwide. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume to the firm.
- Callan Associates Ltd.
- Based in Oak Brook IL Callan Associates specializes in recruiting executives across all core functions including Chief Executive Officers as well as “C and VP Level” executives in supply chain strategic sourcing marketing sales finance operations and human resources. Their clients range from Fortune 25 to smaller privately-held companies around the world. You can view a list of clients and past searches. Highly qualified candidates are welcome to contact them to discuss possibilities.
- Canny Bowen Inc
- Established in 1954 this boutique search firm specializes recruiting senior level executives and lawyers. You can review a sample client list and review some case studies from past searches. Highly qualified candidates may submit a resume for consideration but please be aware that you may not be contacted unless you meet the requirements of a search at this time. Canny Bowen is a member of Penrhyn International (www.penrhyn.com) one of the largest global partnerships of independent retained executive search firms with representatives all around the world.
- Capability Company
- Based in North Carolina this retained search firm works with non-profit organizations to help them hire the right talent for the job. They have some current searches listed on their site along with a long list of successful placements. Qualified candidates are welcome to submit a resume for consideration in future searches and all are welcome to sign up for their free monthly ezine as well as announcements of new searches.
- Centennial Inc.
- Retained search and executive recruiting services firm based in Cincinnati OH. You are welcome to review a list of current searches they are handling and to submit a resume in consideration for any or for future searches. Centennial also offers career coaching services to individuals to help them craft a better job search or personal career plan. Interested individuals can contact them for a discussion as to the level and type of services needed and pricing plans.
- Chanko-Ward Ltd.
- “A retainer-based management consulting firm that has developed a successful search practice specializing in the identification and selection of financial information technology and human resource professionals at senior management levels.” Potential candidates can review some current searches and submit a resume if they are qualified for the position.
- Charles Aris
- Based in Greensboro NC Charles Aris was founded in 1969 and serves numerous clients across the US as well as internationally. Qualified candidates are welcome to review a current list of searches available on their website and to submit a resume for consideration for these as well as future searches.
- Charles River Group
- Recruiting professional and executive management candidates from across the US on behalf of their clients in the Midwest / Great Lakes region. Past searches have included placements in the fields of advertising automotive insurance information technology manufacturing medicine and sales/marketing. They welcome discreet inquiries from highly qualified candidates about possibilities.
- The Chase Group
- Offering professional recruitment services in the Life Sciences industry. “Because we work exclusively in the substantive areas of global pharmaceuticals biotechnology academic medicine and research non-profits animal health diagnostics medical devices and healthcare communications our executive recruiters are focused strictly on identifying targeting and securing the highest quality candidates skilled for these unique markets.” Qualified candidates in these fields are encouraged to review the sample assignments look at their list of current Search Assignments and submit the online Application/Interest form in response to a specific listing or just to be added to their list of active candidates. At the time of review they had several terrific positions they were working to fill.
- Cole Warren & Long
- A retained executive search and management consulting firm serving clients nationally and worldwide. You can review a list of current searches they are handling. At this time they are not seeking general “please consider my qualifications” submissions but would prefer that you submit a resume in response to a specific search they have listed on their site.
- An executive search firm with a core expertise in corporate compliance audit and IT Security. Founded in 2001 Conselium has offices in Dallas and Houston TX. You can review a list of current searches and submit a resume for consideration but qualified candidates in their specialty fields are welcome to contact the firm and submit a resume for future consideration. Job seekers are also welcome to register for free access to their excellent collection of articles with Advice and E-Tips (requires you submit your name and email account).
- Core Recruiting
- Based in California, CORE handles the implementation, design, delivery, execution, and assessment of talent acquisition recruitment initiatives, and helps their clients acquire the top talent they need to meet their business objectives.
- Couper Ellis
- International retained executive search firm specializing in the Actuarial and Senior Insurance Executive markets. This includes Actuarial Insurance Financial Services General Insurance Reinsurance Health Investment Pensions Consulting and Government Markets. There are no searches posted but highly qualified candidates at this level of expertise may register as potential candidates.
- C-Paths Executive Search
- A Chicago area consulting firm providing Executive Search Leadership Development and Outplacement Services.
- Creative Leadership Inc.
- A retained recruitment service. They offer specialized selection and interviewing processes to employers. To you the job seeker they offer some nice positions. They will only accept resumes in response to an advertised position and you must have the specific job code on your resume when you submit it.
- Crossroads Consulting LLC
- A slightly different recruiting firm working to put the “human” back in “human resources”. The jobs they work to fill really run the spectrum from lower pay to upper echelon and cross industries but they are permanent positions. Nothing temporary. Based in Connecticut they have listings that range up and down the East coast.
- CSI Executive Search
- With offices in Austin TX and New Orleans LA CSI Executive Search works with great clients placing candidates in excellent positions across the US. Qualified candidates may submit a vitae for consideration. Instructions are on the website.
- C.V. O’Boyle
- “We conduct comprehensive national searches for colleges and universities as they seek new senior leadership.” You can review a representative list of clients many of whom have engaged the firm multiple times. They are happy to field contacts from well qualified job seekers to become better acquainted and to learn what sort of assignments would be of interest to them.
- Cyr Associates
- An executive search and contingency recruiting firm specializing in consumer products and direct marketing. “We specialize in manufacturing and importing the product categories include giftware collectibles home decor accessories textiles apparel footwear cosmetics fragrances toys arts & crafts food and medical devices. We also search for clients in the direct marketing field which include consumer and b-to-b catalogs direct response firms telesales/call center operations and database marketing