Stand out from the crowd with our creative resume templates. Our designs are unique and customizable, great for less traditional creative careers that emphasize originality and out-of-the-box thinking. Download our free creative resume templates or choose from our premium templates to build your resume in our Resume Builder.
Premium creative resume templates
Invest in your career with our premium creative resume templates. With our Resume Builder, you can easily add sections, change the template’s colors and download your resume in different formats.
This creative resume template has a “connect the dots” graphical approach that makes it easy to browse each section. A monogram design for the job applicant’s name adds a dash of personality.
This unique four-quadrant creative resume template makes a strong visual statement while also making it a snap for employers to locate information.
Strong header fonts, a right column that spotlights the job applicant’s skills and clean lines give this creative resume layout a powerful appearance.
Bold fonts, colors, and dividing lines set this creative resume template apart and give employers the impression that you’re a strong employee who can get things done — the perfect candidate for a writing position.
Instead of using fancy graphics and flashy colors, this creative resume template makes an impression with a gently shaded header, projecting style and class. The dual-column format gives you plenty of room to provide an extensive rundown of your skills.
Make a statement with this creative resume template’s boxed-in section headings and generous use of white space, which results in a document that’s easy to thumb through. The job applicant’s name is highlighted in a prominent header.
This creative resume layout is distinguished by elegant fonts and a left column highlighting the job applicant’s contact information and skills. Section headings are presented in all caps for a clean but effective display.
A halftone header gives this creative resume template an artsy vibe, while the two-column format allows you to customize your content easily.
Download free creative resume templates
If building a resume on your own is more your style, we have creative resume templates free to download below. They’re designed by experts, ATS-friendly and easy to edit. For other free templates, take a look at our modern resume templates, professional resume templates and simple resume templates.
This free creative resume template for Word is a good option to display your skills and best accomplishments with flexibility in colors and content presentation. The bolded fonts and understated headers make for easy navigation.
As the name implies, this free creative resume template works well for senior-level positions, where the header’s monogram design sets you apart.
Strong header fonts, a right column that spotlights the job applicant’s skills and clean lines give this downloadable free creative resume template a powerful appearance.
Utilizing a header highlighting the job seeker’s name in a large font, this striking creative resume template free download communicates style and efficiency.
Thanks to the right-justified header and mix of black and color fonts, this free creative resume template provides a cutting-edge look.
Simplicity meets creativity in this creative resume template free download, which features customizable header colors and a slick two-column layout to highlight your skills and experiences.
Check out our 5-Star Reviews
Creative resume template do’s and don’ts
- Use creative resume templates if the industry or job requires creative thinking, such as marketing, graphic design, fashion design, and art. Most job seekers still rely on standard resume designs; a colorful, creative resume template helps you separate yourself from them.
- Include links to your portfolio or professional social media profile in your resume. Most creative jobs will require you to submit examples of your work so the employer can see your style and potential. Our Resume Builder makes it easy to add additional information to your creative resume template.
- Customize your creative resume template for different job opportunities. By simply including keywords found in the job posting that apply to you, like a specific skill or an attribute, you’ll more appropriately target your resume for the job. Compared to standard layouts, creative resume templates give you more flexibility in featuring your best qualities, whether it’s your top experiences or your full array of skills.
- Feature noteworthy projects and activities instead of daily tasks when discussing your previous work experiences. We also highly recommend including quantifiable achievements and important details, as they better present your accomplishments. So instead of writing “Designed for clients,” go with: “Designed over five original concepts for X & P’s spring campaign.”
- Use creative resume templates in more conventional industries, like business operations, human resources, health care and accounting. Some jobs are more button-down and conservative and might prefer a more straightforward design.
- Include a headshot or a photo on your creative resume template unless the job description requires it (such as for an acting gig). It steers away from what matters — your skills and work experience — and some hiring managers may consider it dated or unprofessional.
- Go crazy with colors or use fonts that might be difficult to decipher. It’s better to stick to fonts like Times New Roman, Arial or Helvetica for better readability of creative resume templates. They also make it easier to pass applicant tracking systems (ATS), which more employers now use to scan resumes and filter applicants.
- Include experiences, skills or information that aren’t relevant to the job you’re applying for. As we noted under “Do’s,” it’s best to tailor your creative resume template to the job at hand and only include information that will be valuable to the employer.
Additional resources for your creative resume template
You took the first step and chose your favorite creative resume template. Now it’s time to use our expert resources to write a strong resume and cover letter and send in a perfect job application.
- How to Write a Resume: Our expert writing guide is full of examples and tips to help you write a perfect resume.
- Top Skills for a Resume: Feature the best hard and soft skills in your creative resume template.
- How to Write Work Experience on a Resume: Capture your work experience the right way and let your accomplishments do the talking.
- 100+ Resume Summary Examples: Use our resume summary examples as inspiration to write yours.
- 50+ Resume Objective Examples: Learn everything you need to know about resume objectives and how to write one in your creative resume template.
- 280+ Action Verbs for Resume Writing: Action verbs will help you write strong statements in your creative resume template. Here are over 280 of them.
- Best Resume Format for 2022: Are you using the correct format for your creative resume template? Discover more about the chronological, functional and combination resume formats.
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Pair your resume with a cover letter that tells your story.
- Cover Letter Templates: Find a cover letter template that complements your creative resume template.
- Cover Letter Examples: We have over 500 cover letter examples you can use as inspiration.
What makes our Resume Builder great?
1 Professional, Customizable Templates
Stand out with MyPerfectResume’s eye-catching resume templates! Building a noteworthy resume has never been easier or faster.
2 Expertly Crafted Phrases
Don’t get stuck writing about your work experience. Create an impressive resume with our pre-written, industry-specific bullet points!
3 Popular Format Downloads
Need your resume in PDF, word, or an image file? You’re in control with multiple export and download options.
4 Optimize Your Resume
With resume score and resume check, we’ll rate the strength of your resume and guide you through actionable steps to make a resume that showcases your best professional self!
5 Customize Your Resume to The Job
Copy and paste a job description from any listing and get a job-specific resume match score. We’ll guide you through tailoring your resume for the job!
6 Up Your Application Game
With Smart Apply, we’ll help you find an opportunity, customize your resume, create a matching cover letter, and download your documents. We’ll even send you to the web page where you can apply!
How Long Should a Resume Be?
One page or two pages? Our expert answers these questions and more.
How to Write a Resume With No Experience + Examples
No work experience? No problem! Here are all the tips and tricks to create a resume that will make an employer take notice.
Communication Skills: A Job-Seeker’s Guide
Every job applicant should have communication skills in their resume. Read to find out why.