As seen in:*Foot Note
Thanks to its minimalist design, sleek fonts and intelligent spacing, this modern resume template features an up-to-the-minute look.
Give your resume a unique look with this modern resume design, which utilizes box graphics for headings and a prominent header that showcases the job applicant’s name.
A prominent header, clean dividing lines and strong fonts project confidence and competence in this modern resume template.
Customer service representative
Present yourself as energetic and efficient using this modern resume template, which features a polished, minimalist look.
The tab-like layout of this modern resume design projects an aura of organization and professionalism, making it a good fit for managerial roles.
This modern resume template emphasizes the job candidate’s name and summary statement while leaving plenty of room for your work experiences and skills.
This colorful modern resume template shows you’re the right candidate for a job, emphasizing visual creativity, sleek fonts and a dual-column presentation.
Show you know how to “connect the dots” in programming with this unique modern resume design, which guides hiring managers from one “point” to another.
Add some pizzazz with this modern resume template, which features a colorful header, elegant fonts and clear dividing lines between sections.
For hundreds of more resume examples with our modern resume templates, visit our resume examples section.
Looking for more templates to take your resume game to the next level?
Download free modern resume templates
Choose from the best modern resume templates free downloadables below and edit them with your qualifications. If you want to check out the other types of free templates available, look at our professional resume templates, simple resume templates and creative resume templates.
This free modern resume template features slick icons and striking colors — perfect for a position that relies on visual impact.
This sleek free modern resume design features a monogram header graphic for a unique touch, while section headings are placed in the left margin for easy navigation.
With its colorful header and streamlined presentation, this free modern resume template radiates a strong personality and organization.
Give your resume a fresh spin with this sleek modern resume template free downloadable, which features a mix of colors for the header and crisp fonts and spacing.
This free modern resume template’s sharp graphics and monogram header provide visual interest, even as it organizes your information in an easy-to-scan fashion.
This free modern resume design offers some flair while maintaining a professional appearance, utilizing customizable color accents and a solid black header.
Check out our 5-Star Reviews
Modern resume template do’s and don’ts
- Use a modern resume template for cutting-edge industries and jobs, like tech. A modern resume design visually demonstrates you’re well-versed on the latest trends and innovations. These layouts also offer customizable fonts and colors, giving your resume more personality than a standard black-and-white resume.
- Use quantifiable metrics to give your achievements more depth. Instead of writing “Developed websites for clients,” provide more details in your modern resume template. For example: “Developed websites for 9 clients in 4 months.” For more tips, see our article How to Quantify Your Resume Accomplishments.
- Customize your modern resume template for different job opportunities. Every job will have different requirements and preferred skills. For each application, update your resume to emphasize the abilities and experiences the job requires. Our page How to Customize Your Resume provides more suggestions.
- Include links to your portfolio or professional social media profiles, like your LinkedIn page or a professional portfolio link. Sixty percent of recruiters say social media is important to their strategy, so including yours in your modern resume template will help you appear more up-to-date with modern practices.
- Use a modern resume template for specific career fields. More traditional jobs in areas such as law, government work, finance or accounting favor a more conservative approach, in which case you should consider a straightforward template. If you’re applying for a more “out of the box” or creative job in arts, entertainment, graphic and web design and marketing, you can check out our more creative resume templates.
- Go wild on design or use a font that’s difficult to read. Don’t risk turning off hiring managers with over-flamboyant fonts or modern resume design elements. Just stick to our template layouts and select from professional fonts like Times New Roman, Arial or Helvetica.
- Mention personal information like your nationality, date of birth, religious beliefs or political affiliation in your modern resume template. It isn’t relevant to the job and it will steer attention away from what’s important — your professional skills and experience.
- Rush to submit your resume before proofreading. Make sure there are no grammatical or spelling mistakes in your modern resume template because recruiters are less likely to interview candidates with a resume that isn’t written correctly.
Additional resources for your modern resume template
Now that you have chosen a modern resume template, here are some expert resources to write a perfect resume and cover letter:
- How to Write a Resume: Our detailed resume writing guide teaches you how to put together a resume, section by section.
- Top Skills for a Resume: Let your modern resume template shine with these in-demand hard and soft skills.
- How to Write Work Experience on a Resume: Highlight your top accomplishments with the help of our tips and tricks.
- 100+ Resume Summary Examples: A modern resume design needs an appropriate resume summary. Here are over 100 examples to use as inspiration.
- 50+ Resume Objective Examples: Learn how to write a resume objective and when to use it.
- 280+ Action Verbs for Resume Writing: Feature the right action verbs in your modern resume template and present your accomplishments well.
- Best Resume Format for 2023: Should you use the chronological, functional or combination resume format? Ensure your modern resume template correctly highlights your information with the proper resume format.
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Tell the employer who you are and how you can contribute to their company with a perfect cover letter.
- Cover Letter Templates: Get a cover letter that pairs well with your modern resume template.
- Cover Letter Examples: Get inspiration from over 500 cover letter examples for different industries.
What makes our Resume Builder great?
Stand out with MyPerfectResume’s eye-catching resume templates! Building a noteworthy resume has never been easier or faster.
Don’t get stuck writing about your work experience. Create an impressive resume with our pre-written, industry-specific bullet points!
Need your resume in PDF, word, or an image file? You’re in control with multiple export and download options.
With resume score and resume check, we’ll rate the strength of your resume and guide you through actionable steps to make a resume that showcases your best professional self!
Copy and paste a job description from any listing and get a job-specific resume match score. We’ll guide you through tailoring your resume for the job!
With Smart Apply, we’ll help you find an opportunity, customize your resume, create a matching cover letter, and download your documents. We’ll even send you to the web page where you can apply!
How to Write a Resume With No Experience + Examples
Writing a resume with no work experience is easier than you think. Here’s how.
Top Interpersonal Skills for Job Seekers: A Job-Seeker’s Guide
Interpersonal skills aid the interpretation of and response to signals sent by others. Our experts share examples and advice.
Top Ten Behavioral Interview Questions and Answers
Learn how to answer interview questions about how you’ve handled challenging professional situations.
Now that you have picked a template, our Resume Builder is a quick and easy way to complete your resume!
Step by Step Guidance
Expert Written Bullet Points
Choose a Download Format & Send