Published On : August 18, 2010
Filing for unemployment? Want to file your unemployment claim online? This page links you to the official Unemployment Insurance information websites for all 50 states plus the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
These government sites are your official source for information on unemployment compensation. All of these agencies allow you to file your unemployment claims online or by telephone for free, so go ahead and file unemployment online fast and easy.
Warning: The state of Minnesota was warning users that several states were reporting scams involving voice or text messages sent to unemployment applicantsâ€™ phones telling the applicants that their unemployment account had been de-activated or suspended and to reactivate by calling the phone number provided. Do not respond to this message! They are trying to access your UI debit account to steal your funds. Remember — never give out your PIN number to anyone.
This list is arranged alphabetically by state/locality name.
You may want to look at these other areas for additional information:
- Our list of resources for Local US Jobs, which includes links to all state offices of employment services.
- Including information on the 2009 COBRA Health Insurance Continuation Premium Subsidy.
- Check Benefits.gov, a portal designed to provide improved, personalized access to government assistance programs. You do not need to enter any personal information but you can search for various federal, state, and local programs that you might approach for assistance. level.
- Alabama Unemployment Compensation Claims
- Alaska Unemployment Insurance (UI) Program
- Arizona Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits (azui.com)
- Arkansas Department of Workforce Services Unemployment Services
- California Unemployment Insurance Program
- Colorado Unemployment Insurance Program
- Connecticut Unemployment Insurance Claims System
- Delaware Division of Unemployment Insurance
- District of Columbia Unemployment Insurance Service Center for Claimants
- Florida's Reemployment Assistance Program (rebranded, but this is still your financial assistance during unemployment)
- Georgia Unemployment Benefits for Individuals
- Hawaii Unemployment Insurance
- IdahoWorks Unemployment Insurance
- Illinois Department of Employment Security (select UI benefits)
- Indiana Unemployment Info
- Iowa Unemployment Insurance Services Division
- Kentucky Unemployment Insurance Program
- Louisiana Unemployment Insurance Program
- Maine Unemployment Benefits
- Maryland Division of Unemployment Insurance
- Massachusetts Unemployment Insurance
- Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency
- Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Program
- Mississippi Unemployment Services
- Missouri Unemployment Insurance On-Line Claims Filing System
- Montana UI4U (Unemployment Insurance for You)
- Nebraska Unemployment Insurance Website
- Nevada Unemployment Insurance Claims On-Line Filing System
- New Hampshire Unemployment Compensation WebClaims System
- New Jersey Unemployment Insurance
- New Mexico Unemployment E-Claims System
- New York State Unemployment Insurance Division
- North Carolina Services for Individuals
- North Dakota Unemployment Info for Individuals
- Ohio Office of Unemployment Compensation
- Oklahoma Unemployment Insurance Information
- Oregon Unemployment Insurance
- Pennsylvania Unemployment Compensation Web site
- Sistema en LÃnea para la ReclamaciÃ³n de Beneficios bajo la Ley de Seguridad de Empleo
- Rhode Island Unemployment Insurance
- South Carolina Unemployment Insurance
- South Dakota DOL Unemployment Insurance
- Tennessee Unemployment Services Information
- Texas Workforce Unemployment Benefits
- US Virgin Islands Division of Unemployment Insurance — This is information only. You must apply in person at one of the offices.
- Utah Unemployment Insurance For Job Seekers
- Vermont Unemployment Insurance Division Internet Application Portal
- Virginia Unemployment Insurance Information
- Washington (state of) Unemployment Benefits
- West Virginia Unemployment Compensation
- Wisconsin Unemployment Insurance Division
- Wyoming Unemployment Insurance Division
You may also want to check the Worker ReEmployment Portal at CareerOneStop.org to see if they might have links to additional resources. We also have more information on benefits under Coping with a Job Loss.