This free plumber cover letter sample is a great jumping-off point for anyone hoping to get involved in the home maintenance industry. Every letter needs to be tailored to the exact job you want to be offered so that the hiring manager knows you are actively invested in getting the position. Even if it is not explicitly asked for, it can still be helpful to send one in.
Free Plumber Cover Letter Sample
What to Include in a Plumber Cover Letter
You want to avoid directly saying that this is the perfect job for you because you want the reader to draw that conclusion independently. This free plumber cover letter sample opens with a specific name, which is what you want to do. You never want to open with, “To Whom It May Concern.” Additionally, you want to avoid talking about yourself the entire time, making a ton of business clichés, and describing yourself with meaningless, abstract terms, such as “go-getter.” Finally, try to keep the document to four short paragraphs.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
Many skills are essential for a plumber to succeed in this line of work. Supplement the free plumber cover letter sample above with relevant abilities you actually possess.
• Troubleshooting: Your knowledge of pipes should allow you to diagnose issues accurately.
• Physical strength: You will be moving around a lot during your shifts as well as carrying a lot of heavy items.
• Customer service: Being courteous and polite to customers is essential so that you can get repeat business.
• Mechanical knowledge: Various tools need to be used to repair plumbing fixtures, and you should be comfortable using all of them.
• Business acumen: You may be given certain additional responsibilities, including creating work schedules and making contract bids.