Top Marina Boating CV Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Your boating expertise, water knowledge and continuous training set you apart in the maritime industry. Make a CV to stand out from other marina boating candidates by highlighting your navigational skills, safety training and weather forecasting as well as interpersonal skills, like active listening and leadership.
We can help you make the perfect marina boating CV or resume and create an effective cover letter to match it. Find inspiration in our CV examples, resume examples and cover letter examples to get started.
Our customer reviews say it best
Marina boating CV FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for marina boating jobs?
- Boating terminology
- Basic boating knots
- Boating safety instruction
- Emergency maneuvers
- Float plan
- Vessel maintenance
- Compass navigation
- VHF radio
- Engine type and maintenance
- Foreign languages & level of proficiency
- Attention to detail
2. What's the ideal format for a marina boating CV?
The marina boating CV format is open. Choose the CV order according to your strongest qualifications, industry or job requirements. Find a polished, professional CV template, and pay close attention to your grammar, action verbs and keywords to create your perfect CV.
3. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
Qualifications vary according to the role. To start, the minimum qualification is a high school diploma. As you move up in ranks, employers may require formal education. Certifications are often required by employers. These are few boating certifications to consider:
- American Boat and Yacht Council Certification
- Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers Certification (STCW)
- STCW Basic Training
Remember to include the issuing institution and, if applicable, the expiration date.
4. What is the salary potential for a marina boating professional?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the salary for marine-related occupations is:
- Marine engineers and naval architects: $93,370 per year
- Motorboat mechanics and service technicians: $50,280 per year
- Water transportation workers: $62,760 per year
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Fishing and Hunting Workers
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Water Transportation Workers
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Marine Engineers and Naval Architects
- Bureau of Labor Statistics 49-3051 Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Bureau of Labor Statistics NAICS 336600 – Ship and Boat Building
- National Marine Manufacturers Association NMMA Boat & Yacht Certification
- Maritime Professional Training STCW Basic Training