123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Expert health safety and environment officer with seven years of industry experience seeks to join a team of focused, motivated HSE professionals committed to improving operational outcomes and company culture through a strategic application of relevant standards, employee training and education, and infrastructure improvement. By pinpointing risk scenarios inherent in company processes, I have contributed to the safety of employees, third party agents, visitors, and members of the public.
- -Assessing current state of existing safety programs and identifying methods of improvement.
- -Pinpointing educational and outreach strategies to raise health and safety literacy company-wide.
- -Use computer systems and software suites to create useful and comprehensive reports for management and record-keeping.
- -Developing and using job hazard analysis (JHA) material.
- -Participating in emergency response plan development.
- -Oversight of hazardous waste management, handling, and containment practices.
- Managed existing health and safety program in a team of HSE officers to create a safe and risk-averse setting for all employees.
- Implemented new standards and guidelines issued by industry regulators, company managers, and HSE engineers.
- Identified necessary projects and took the initiative to develop an appropriate response to each one.
- Conducted site inspections on a pre-determined basis to ensure the on-going adherence to all applicable standards and regulations.
- Instructed new HSE team members in protocols unique to company to ease their transition into a new position.
- Prepared reports, proposals, and other documents required by engineers, managers, and regulators.
- Oversaw in-house health and safety training of new employees entering certain departments and operating certain types of equipment.
- Maintained accurate and up-to-date records of employee training and education compliance to ensure a shared knowledge base throughout the company.
- Identified employees in need of updated training and safety certification to exercise appropriate risk-management solutions.
- Assisted HSE team leaders with employee training and assessment to gain experience in HSE-related education.
- Implemented new software intended to enhance compliance with training and other review-related standards.
- Prepared reports with facts and figures related to departmental operations for engineer and manager review.
In addition to spending time exploring National Forests with my family, I enjoy volunteering with the Friends of the Anytown Library and helping to organize their annual book sale. I like to spend my free time reading, hiking, and cheering Anystate U on to the finals.