123 Woodland Ave.,Anytown, Anystate
E: email@example.com P: (555) 555-5555
Expert health safety and environment officer with seven years of industry experience seeks to join a team of focused, motivated HSE professionals committed to improving operational outcomes and company culture through a strategic application of relevant standards, employee training and education, and infrastructure improvement. By pinpointing risk scenarios inherent in company processes, I have contributed to the safety of employees, third party agents, visitors, and members of the public.
- -Assessing current state of existing safety programs and identifying methods of improvement.
- -Pinpointing educational and outreach strategies to raise health and safety literacy company-wide.
- -Use computer systems and software suites to create useful and comprehensive reports for management and record-keeping.
- -Developing and using job hazard analysis (JHA) material.
- -Participating in emergency response plan development.
- -Oversight of hazardous waste management, handling, and containment practices.
- Managed existing health and safety program in a team of HSE officers to create a safe and risk-averse setting for all employees.
- Implemented new standards and guidelines issued by industry regulators, company managers, and HSE engineers.
- Identified necessary projects and took the initiative to develop an appropriate response to each one.
- Conducted site inspections on a pre-determined basis to ensure the on-going adherence to all applicable standards and regulations.
- Instructed new HSE team members in protocols unique to company to ease their transition into a new position.
- Prepared reports, proposals, and other documents required by engineers, managers, and regulators.
- Oversaw in-house health and safety training of new employees entering certain departments and operating certain types of equipment.
- Maintained accurate and up-to-date records of employee training and education compliance to ensure a shared knowledge base throughout the company.
- Identified employees in need of updated training and safety certification to exercise appropriate risk-management solutions.
- Assisted HSE team leaders with employee training and assessment to gain experience in HSE-related education.
- Implemented new software intended to enhance compliance with training and other review-related standards.
- Prepared reports with facts and figures related to departmental operations for engineer and manager review.
In addition to spending time exploring National Forests with my family, I enjoy volunteering with the Friends of the Anytown Library and helping to organize their annual book sale. I like to spend my free time reading, hiking, and cheering Anystate U on to the finals.
HSE Officer Job Overview and Tips
What Does an HSE Officer Do?An HSE officer is tasked with supporting the efforts of HSE engineers to promote occupational health and safety through the implementation of training, certification, and reporting. By using regulations set by legislation as well as company policy, an HSE officer systematically reviews risk scenarios in various departments and identifies the correct responses to those scenarios. Falls, hazardous material handling and storage, and eye protection are among some of the most common occupational health concerns addressed by HSE officers, as seen in the HSE officer CV example above.HSE officers may work closely together in a team to address company-wide concerns under the guidance and supervision of an experienced officer or an HSE engineer. Some HSE officers, especially those working in smaller companies, may work independently.
Tips for Creating a Great HSE Officer CVKeep these tips in mind for your own CV:– A good HSE officer shows initiative on the job; this self-starting should be demonstrated in the CV by identifying specific tasks and responsibilities taken on in the past. – Clarifying outcomes and accomplishments is also important, as this demonstrates the ability to contribute to company operation as well as safety promotion. – Cite accomplishments and responsibilities that reflect computer literacy, attention to detail, implementation of applicable regulation, and participation in company-wide efforts to improve workplace health and safety. – Good CVs state accomplishments clearly and concisely; avoid adding detail that does not contribute to your overall message. – Always put a positive spin on all accomplishments.