Even entrepreneurs and thought leaders have to wow the occasional recruiter, hiring manager, or business partner. One of the best ways to do so is to create a powerful CV that succinctly showcases your most important skills, experience, and achievements. Use our entrepreneur CV example and writing guide to learn how to build an effective CV. We offer tips on what makes a successful CV as well as guidelines for writing the most important sections: Professional Summary, Work Experience, Education, Skills, and Hobbies.
Build My CV
1500 Broadway , Denver, CO 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 555-303-5555
Innovator and entrepreneur with 20 years in business leadership. Experienced in all aspects of business formation, operation, finance, and management. Visionary product developer with deep education in research and analytics. Effective communicator and motivator who identifies and leverages assets in teammates to reach organizational goals. Relentless optimist who believes there is no failure, only feedback.
- Direct all organizational operations, policies, and objectives to maximize productivity and returns.
- Analyze complex scenarios and use creative problem-solving to turn challenges into profitable opportunities.
- Interview, appoint, train, and assign responsibilities to department managers.
- Monitor cost-effectiveness of operations and personnel using quantitative data, offering feedback and making cuts where necessary
- Coordinate and approve budgets for product development, marketing, overhead, and growth.
- Uncovered new clients and business opportunities.
- Developed marketing content and sales scripts with strategic messaging.
- Acquired 20,000 new customers within the first six months of consultancy.
- Led trainings in sales best practices, product iteration, research and analytics, customer service, branding, and international considerations.
- Assisted with development and implementation of new products.
Increased annual sales by $2 million.
- Conceptualized, researched, and built product prototypes to meet consumer needs and maximize profits.
- Conducted market research on product iterations through qualitative studies and quantitative surveys.
- Coordinated with marketing, operations, engineering, and research departments to unify product vision and strategy.
- Sold 1 million units within nine months of rollout.
I attend and speak at several leadership conferences throughout the year to motivate and network with fellow entrepreneurs. Outside of business hours, I stay active by running, hiking, and biking my way through the Rocky Mountains. I love sampling different coffees from around the world and curling up with a good book. International travel is one of my favorite pastimes.
Build My CV
Entrepreneur CV Questions
Your document should feature all the crucial sections: a header with your contact information, a professional summary, your skills and qualifications, a description of your previous experience, and your education. By organizing your document into these sections, you make it easy to read and scan for critical details. You may notice that our entrepreneur CV sample has an additional section, hobbies and interests, at the bottom. You may opt to add a section such as this one to your own document, but you should also place it after other necessary information. The bottom of your CV is also an excellent option for other items, such as volunteer work.
Because entrepreneurs are generally thought of as innovators and self-starters, your achievements should reflect your ability to conceptualize and carry out new business. One way to share your achievements is to weave metrics throughout your CV. For example, our entrepreneur CV sample includes such achievements as Ã¢‚¬Å“acquired 20,000 new customers within the first six months,Ã¢‚¬ Ã¢‚¬Å“sold 1 million units within nine months,Ã¢‚¬ and Ã¢‚¬Å“increased annual sales by $2 million.Ã¢‚¬ Providing this kind of information lets recruiters know what you’re capable of.
One tactic you can use to make your entrepreneur CV stand out from the very beginning is to give a strong professional summary. As an entrepreneur, you likely have stellar ideas, intrinsic motivation, and leadership abilities. These types of traits should shine right out of the gate. Our entrepreneur CV sample has a professional summary that starts with Ã¢‚¬Å“Innovator and entrepreneur with 20 years in business leadership.Ã¢‚¬ This statement lets recruiters know they are considering a highly skilled individual, and it sets them up to continue scanning your CV with that in mind.
Providing references on a CV is an outdated practice. While you don’t need to put these in your document unless requested to do so, you should have about three people in mind you could refer a recruiter or hiring manager to if asked. Be sure to let your references know you are doing this, and check to make sure their assessment of you is positive. Never provide a prospective employer with contact information without first clearing it with the people involved.
Reading CV advice and looking at samples are both helpful ways to set yourself up for success. However, if you’d like a little more guidance in writing your CV, our resume builder can help. Use our resume builder to input industry-specific text examples and apply effective formatting. Best of all, we provide you with the option to save your document in a variety of formats so you’ll be well on your way to sending it out and landing an interview.
Entrepreneur CV Must-Haves
What Does an Entrepreneur Do?
An entrepreneur is the mastermind behind the formation of a new business. He or she is responsible not only for conceptualizing organizational operations, branding, budgets, and staff, but also implementing them through careful research and feedback. A great entrepreneur should have an education in business, creative problem-solving abilities, and outstanding leadership and motivational skills. Because a competitive business innovator has so many different and desirable strengths, the challenge in creating a strong CV is to remain concise and pack each section with your the impressive accomplishments. Find the inspiration you need to start generating your own CV using our entrepreneur CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Entrepreneur CV
Now that you have an idea of what to cover, it is time to start making new connections with your own entrepreneur CV. As you brainstorm, consider applying the following writing tips to craft a successful CV:
– An entrepreneur is a thought leader and creative thinker. Fill your CV with strong, inspirational language and avoid clichÃ©s.
– Your Personal Summary can entice recruiters to learn more or cause them to stop reading; captivate your audience with your most impressive business achievements and unrivaled networking ability.
– Use numbers, figures, and percentages to demonstrate measurable success and improvements in your Work Experience section.
– While profits are important in business, so are people. Be sure to showcase your strengths in communication, active listening, interviewing, leadership, and motivation.
– Never disclose overly personal information in your CV, such as religious or political views, or share why you left a previous position.