Hiring managers are never really willing or able to give most CVs more than just a passing glance. In that glance, they must find something that hooks them, keeps them interested, and makes them wonder if they have just found the person they are looking for. Creating a strong CV is actually a simple proposition if you know where to look. Simply use our professional experienced mechanical engineer CV example, like the one found below, to help guide you in formatting the document and specify what you should include in each section.
Build My CV
1234 Grand Junction, Grants Pass, OR 11111
E: Benjamingraff@anymail.com P: 555-987-6543
Accomplished mechanical engineer with 13 years of solid experience in product planning and design. Have worked extensively in perfecting the design, layout, and detail for numerous products, special machinery, and fixtures. Excel in project management and providing quality assurance on every job. Skilled in soldering, machining, adhesive bonding, welding, and brazing. Consistently demonstrate leadership skills that directly impact collaboration between colleagues to produce only the highest-quality products, equipment, and machines.
- -Proficient in MAYA Nastran, Sigmetrix CETOL 6 Sigma, MATLAB, AutoCAD, CATIA, RPS, Rockwell Automation, and Adobe Illustrator. -Excellent creative and critical thinking skills are necessary daily when attempting design and fabrication of new items. -Effective at multi-tasking which helps me stay on top of workloads during peak seasons. -Demonstrate daily excellence in communicating with both clients and colleagues to gain a strong, detailed understanding of client needs and the ability to come together as a team to fulfill client expectations. -Excels in reading and interpreting blueprints, schematics, technical drawings, and computer-generated reports.
- Engage in all phases of product development for engines, tools, machines, and mechanical equipment from conceptualization and sketching through modeling, development, and testing.
- Use CAD techniques, Abaqus FEA Suite, and Creo Elements/Pro to conduct simulation, modeling, and analysis of structural components.
- Demonstrate a clear ability to communicate with clients regarding their needs and expectations.
- Oversee the installation, maintenance, and operation of all equipment for plants in the region.
- Create assembly processes and procedures for process guidelines, maintenance, and testing protocols.
- Provided technical support to help coordinate and prepare designs for certain industrial projects.
- Performed stress analysis testing on piping systems and worked closely with other designers to select adequate supports and support points.
- Collaborated with colleagues to design, create, and test products and prototypes.
- Generated project documentation and records to relevant colleagues and clients, including material requirement calculations, status reports, punch lists, and hydraulic calculations.
- Used set guidelines and pre-designed specification to model and design functions on specialty machines.
- Provided support to the product-development team for multiple large manufacturers.
- Determined material and supply needs based on requirements and budget.
- Maintained accurate and complete project records.
My hobbies and interests outside of work include spending time with my wife and kids, biking, hiking, and woodworking. When time allows, I can usually be found reading about industry trends online and locating my latest woodworking project online. I often put my woodworking skills to use by volunteering once a month with Habitat for Humanity.
Build My CV
Experienced Mechanical Engineer CV Must-Haves
What Does an Experienced Mechanical Engineer Do?
An experienced mechanical engineer is tasked with planning and designing mechanically functioning equipment, such as tools, machines, and engines. They must also oversee how the equipment is used in daily life. This includes overseeing the installation, maintenance, operation, and repair of the equipment they designed. Your ultimate goal as an experienced mechanical engineer is to ensure that your designs are safe, designed properly, and functional. This is a highly creative and technical position that requires precision and strong attention to detail. These are ideal qualifications you can list on your CV to help highlight your talents, skills, and experience. View our experienced mechanical engineer CV example for more ideas of what to include in your CV.
Tips for Creating a Great Experienced Mechanical Engineer CV
When you begin the process of building your CV, keep the following tips in mind:
– While you want to be personable, it is vital that you refrain from including overly-personal information in your CV. Political and religious views have no place in employment settings and all references should be omitted in their entirety.
– Mix up your verbiage. Instead of using the same words in your Work Experience section, use a thesaurus to expand your vocabulary and make yourself look more attractive. Just be sure that you use any words correctly, and be careful to not overuse words.
– Your Personal Skills section can highlight hard and soft skills, and may be formal or more self-assessments.
– Keep the past in the past. Do not address why you left a previous position at this time.