Build Your CV
694 Main Street, Boulder, Colorado 11111
E: robert.g.smith@anymail T: 555-534-1435
Skilled medical professional with years of experience in diverse roles. Passionate about using my skills to help patients and further medical science. Expert in several computerized medical records programs with certifications for various clinical and laboratory equipment. Varied work experience including first-response/emergency treatment, caregiving for assisted living patients, and laboratory analysis. Earned several professional accolades including Outstanding Employee of the Month. Exceptional ability to speak in technical terms with medical professionals as well as work directly with patients to explain information in an understandable way.
- Collect samples of body fluids and conduct chemical analysis of samples to determine presence of abnormal components.
- Analyze test results for accuracy and create detailed documentation of findings.
- Use computerized database software to record findings and prepare reports.
- Assist Chief Laboratory Scientist as necessary during clinical procedures and analytical processes.
- Received Outstanding Employee of the Month award for quality of work.
- Respond to emergency calls as part of local volunteer firefighter and emergency personnel organization.
- Provide emergency medical treatment during rescue operations as required.
- Participate in monthly drills and practice sessions to improve relevant skills.
- Devise new training procedures and situations to diversify experience for all volunteers.
- Help organize local events to promote awareness of fire safety and emergency response.
- Received Top Attendance Rate Award for responding to over 70 percent of annual calls.
- Provided initial contact with patients in pediatrician office.
- Created new system for patient follow-up resulting in faster recovery times and streamlined prescription refills.
- Recorded patients’ height, weight, and other vital statistics as well as medical history and current symptoms.
- Assisted physician as necessary including administering medication.
- Cleaned and prepared examination rooms for subsequent use.
- Provided companionship and care for residents of assisted living home .
- Visited patients daily to help with personal needs such as eating, sleeping, and exercising.
- Assisted on-site medical personnel when necessary.
- Recorded patient information such as nutritional intake and medication changes.
Enjoy reading and learning about traditional French cooking techniques. Learning to play the guitar. Lead a local Boy Scout troop. Volunteer once a month at city soup kitchen. Participate in holiday toy drive with volunteer fire department.
Build Your CV
Medical CV Must-Haves
What Does a Medical Professional Do?
A medical professional can have many different roles in the industry. Medical assistants perform both administrative and clinical tasks under the supervision of a physician. Emergency personnel are trained to respond quickly to medical situations and stabilize patients as much as possible for transfer to a medical facility. Laboratory work is another area of specialization. In all these roles, medical professionals must demonstrate exceptional technical knowledge as well as interpersonal skills to calm patients. You will be expected to make decisions independently sometimes in time-sensitive and stressful circumstances, and to rely on your personal medical knowledge to help patients. As shown in the medical CV example, your medical CV should highlight your educational background and practical experience equally.
Tips for Creating a Great Medical CV
As you write and fine-tune your medical CV, here are some tips to remember:
– Use your Professional Summary section to highlight specific personal accomplishments in your field. A good medical professional balances technical knowledge with a caring demeanor and exceptional communications skills, so highlight each aspect when describing your work history.
– Include some personal information to round out your professional qualifications. For example, you may list volunteer work in your Hobbies section. Remember to be professional and refrain from referencing any political or religious viewpoints.
– Don’t include an excessive Work Experience section. Keep yours as concise as possible to draw attention to your qualifications and successes. Use bullet points that begin with strong action words to showcase the nature of your work and your career progression.
– Don’t use a too-small font to help you include more information on one page. Stick with accepted CV formatting procedures. Choose a standard font no smaller than 10pt and convert your document to a PDF to check that page breaks don’t occur at the very beginning or end of a paragraph.