123 Fake Street
City, State, Zip Code
Enthusiastic, self-driven Chemist with proven expertise in pharmaceutical chemistry, including the testing of new drugs and analysis of existing formulas. Adept at recording results and preparing final analytical reports as required. Specialize in the analysis and isolation of defined chemical target compounds.
- Expertise in surface modifications, silicones and plastic additives
- Vast knowledge of analytical processes and documentation procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and related applications
- A great deal of experience with bench analytical activities
- Solid understanding of academic research procedures
- Excellent written and oral communications abilities
January 2014 to Present Company Name–City, State Chemist
- Provided assistance with various research projects as directed.
- Confirmed that laboratory equipment was properly calibrated and maintained.
- Prepared detailed reports and assessments of each chemical evaluation.
- Trained new staff members at the direction of the lead chemist.
- Implemented and executed non-standard techniques and methodologies.
April 2011 to December 2013 Oceanfront Research Corporation–City, State Chemist
- Tested various chemical compounds and recorded results.
- Prepared presentations for various department heads and clients.
- Assisted the senior chemist with special research projects.
- Assisted with periodic internal audits to ensure that quality standards were being implemented.
- Ensured that safety standards were maintained, especially when working with highly volatile chemicals.
December 2008 to February 2011 Tesla Pharmaceuticals–City, State Chemist
- Interpreted data from chemical testing and prepared detailed reports that included charts and graphs for easy comprehension.
- Provided technical support to other chemists and lab assistants for larger projects with tight deadlines to ensure timely completion of research.
- Prepared analysis sheets and worked to improve overall analytical procedures.
- Maintained an inventory of solutions, testing equipment and related testing supplies.
2008 University of California, City, State Bachelor of Science, Chemistry