Create your perfect chemistry lab assistant resume with our professionally written chemistry lab assistant summaries, skills and work experience examples. Plus, learn the do’s and don’ts of writing a resume, and get your top questions answered about creating your chemistry lab assistant resume.
Take advantage of our Resume Builder and finish your resume in minutes.
Job Titles in This Profession
These job descriptions are full of keywords that will help you create a personalized chemistry lab assistant resume.
Computer Lab Assistant
- Diagnosed hardware problems and fixed faults or contacted appropriate repair service.
- Handled lab equipment, cleaned keyboards, monitors and disk drives.
- Managed software packages and applications, and developed lab templates.
- Broke down and evaluated user problems, using test scripts, personal expertise and probing questions.
- Provided instruction to all lab users on proper use of all equipment.
- Supported all computer lab operations.
- Helped streamline repair processes and update procedures for support action consistency.
- Configured hardware, devices and software to set up work stations for employees.
- Collaborated with vendors to locate replacement components and resolve advanced problems.
- Patched software and installed new versions to eliminate security problems and protect data.
Phlebotomist Lab Assistant
- Drew blood from veins by vacuum tube, syringe or butterfly venipuncture methods.
- Resolved unusual test orders by contacting physicians, nursing stations or reference laboratories.
- Protected patients by following infection control, sharps disposal and biohazardous waste disposal procedures.
- Collected fluid or tissue samples by using appropriate collection procedures, including arterial and venipuncture sample collection procedures.
- Assisted with office procedures by monitoring patient flow, performing telephone screening and maintaining sample drug lists.
- Maintained exam rooms by ordering supplies, transporting specimens, washing and packing instruments and changing solutions.
- Obtained blood specimens by performing venipunctures and finger sticks 15+ times per day.
- Assembled tourniquets, needles and blood collection devices to prepare work trays.
- Determined donor eligibility by conducting screenings, interviewing prospective donors, and obtaining medical histories.
- Collected blood samples using vacutainer tubes, tourniquets, syringes, butterfly needles, and straight needles.
Assistant Lab Technician
- Prepared blood smears and determined levels of normalcy.
- Logged patient information and recorded results into system using Polytech LIS and Apex.
- Recorded, reported and posted test results using Prolis.
- Resolved unusual test orders by contacting physicians, nursing stations or reference laboratories.
- Provided exceptional service to 20 patients per day by employing vital signs measurement and injections.
- Processed patient specimens according to priority and documented results.
- Verified purity of specimens collected through winged infusion sets and using syringes.
- Prepared samples for shipping and disposed of bodily fluids in proper containers.
- Tracked collected specimens by initialing, dating and noting times of collection.
- Oversaw items in inventory and reordered before supplies diminished.
Chemistry Lab Assistant
- Maintained lab by calibrating equipment and cleaning surfaces and items used.
- Organized instructional materials, facilities and solutions for experiments.
- Followed safety procedures when handling and disposing of hazardous chemicals.
- Prepared lab for 5 experiments per day using chemistry knowledge and instructional information.
- Created and updated record of all supplies and equipment to monitor inventory.
- Compared flask products against design and production specifications through quality and integrity checks.
- Analyzed organic materials to evaluate nature, reactivity and other factors affecting use in food preservative applications.
- Restocked laboratory work stations and sterilized surfaces to maintain readiness for any project requirement.
- Developed experimental formulae on behalf of lab assistants to support hydrogenation operations.
- Efficiently organized and maintained equipment to keep laboratory productive and safe.
Biology Lab Assistant
- Sampled peptide and enzyme materials to obtain data for immunology research.
- Monitored staff actions and laboratory procedures to uphold etiological compliance and protect integrity of collected research.
- Helped scientific and engineering teams improve research and project plans by sharing cell biology knowledge.
- Input updates to BioGPS database and prepared data for searches and visual representations.
- Boosted team efficiency by organizing, restocking and maintaining laboratory environments and equipment.
- Documented experiment progress and observations, compiled data and organized findings for analysis.
- Evaluated collected data points from bacterial growth experiments to produce summary reports for lab assistants.
- Tested chemical products to monitor reactions for quality assurance purposes.
- Examined animals and specimens to alter genetic codes for experimental purposes.
- Inspected and calibrated lab equipment including pH meters, spectrophotometers and centrifuges.
Research Lab Assistant
- Supported design and implementation of survey instruments such as telephone questionnaires to obtain study information.
- Helped team meet regulatory requirements by coordinating documentation and filings.
- Developed macros, special formulas and other actions to produce reliable and consistent statistical reviews.
- Cut research supply costs by $50,000 through keeping precise and diligent records of supplies used and needed in LabSpace.
- Implemented student learning programs to increase public education of genetics research and share newly developed research findings.
- Created over 15 research summaries and presented them to supervisors to advocate further research, funding or recognition in scientific journals.
- Performed in-depth interviews with research subjects and compiled data and analyses into reports for review by group leader.
- Reviewed and verified genetic data before entering into database to enhance research quality and accuracy.
- Used LabAssistant to enter data into project database and provided updates on weekly basis.
- Digitized and organized metabolic data using Psyche Systems to streamline research procedures.
Student Lab Assistant
- Supported classroom activities, including tutoring, grading homework and reviewing exams.
- Oversaw students in classroom and common areas to monitor, enforce rules and support lead teacher.
- Handed out classroom materials, like equipment, test materials and assignments.
- Monitored 25 students on field trips by overseeing various tasks, including roll call, safety protocols and “buddy” management to keep youths safe in public settings.
- Distributed learning materials such as worksheets, textbooks and supplemental activities.
- Took attendance, graded assignments and maintained student records to assist teachers with administrative tasks and maintain smooth daily operations.
- Assessed student assignments to check quality and completeness before submission for grading.
- Retained interest and maximized receptive learning by educating students using hands-on instructional techniques.
- Took daily attendance, notifying lab assistant immediately of any student absences.
- Organized and guided activities for students, including field trips, university lab visits and museum programs.
Medical Lab Assistant
- Located disease markers and outlined findings in thorough reports for clinicians.
- Analyzed bodily fluids with laboratory equipment and detected anomalies related to diseased states or acute injuries.
- Maintained strict aseptic fields when collecting biological samples, minimizing staff and patient infection risks.
- Identified microorganisms present in urine samples and cultivated strains to support clinical diagnostics.
- Assisted pathology team with skilled analyses by preparing tissue samples.
- Worked with pathologist to isolate abnormalities and narrow down likely diagnoses.
- Assisted with safe transfusions by conducting tests and completing blood counts.
- Handled specimens according to laboratory protocols to maximize accuracy and precision of results.
- Conducted blood count, metabolic and thyroid tests regularly.
- Utilized expertise in microbiology, chemistry and hematology to help with diagnosis of medical issues.
Lab Assistant Resume Section Samples
Browse these resume examples by section to help improve your chemistry lab assistant resume.
Best Lab Assistant Summaries
- Experienced healthcare professional with extensive knowledge of medical regulations and policies. Offers strong dedication to informed patient care, administrative excellence and confidentiality.
- Experienced lab assistant with over 5 years of experience in a medical office. Excellent reputation for resolving problems, improving customer satisfaction, and driving overall operational improvements. Consistently saved costs while increasing profits. Constantly trying to grow overall to reach desired career goals.
- Experienced Laboratory Assistant successful at managing equipment, inventory and documentation. Industrious and service-oriented team player offering 2 years of experience.
Lab Assistant Top Skills
|Waste Disposal||Workspace Maintenance||Testing|
|Laboratory Techniques||Hazardous Materials||Blood Drawing|
|Data Labeling and Records||Computer Expertise||Medical Terminology|
|Collecting Specimens||Inventory Management||Communication|
|Sample Management||Quality Control Procedures||Mrsa Pcr Testing|
Lab Assistant Work History Examples
- Compiled data and carried out statistical analyses of data. Maintained research data, wrote summary reports and reported findings to investigators.
- Operated laboratory equipment, including microtomes, microscopes, spectrophotometers, centrifuges, analytical balances, and spectrometers.
- Oversaw lab inventory activities, including ordering and requisitions, stocking and shipment receiving. Interacted with customers professionally by phone, email or in-person to provide information and directed to desired staff members.
- Kept physical files and digitized records organized for easy updating and retrieval by authorized team members. Managed client accounts to ensure satisfaction. Created invoices for client accounts.
- Conducted research in probation and parole within Honolulu Community Corrections Center with team of students and faculty. Documented drug results of inmates and others on probation.