How to Back Away From a Bad Job OfferYour interview is going well… Your answers seem to impress your interviewer, and your witty remarks are eliciting an occasional chuckle. He seems pleased with your background and satisfied that you meet all the requirements for the job. Then something goes wrong—on HIS end, not yours. In one awkward exchange, you recognize that this job might not be what you’re looking for, for any of the following reasons:
- You recognize a serious mismatch between the company’s philosophy or politics and your own.
- You realize that this company isn’t treating its customers, employees, or community in a way that you can condone.
- The salary on offer is far below the rate you can accept.
- The job will involve a task or working condition that’s unsafe or beyond your limitations.
- You just simply don’t like this guy and you’d rather not accept him as your boss.
- The job will involve a daily two hour commute and that’s too long for you.