When you apply for jobs, a well-crafted resume is critical. Just as important is a compelling cover letter that rounds out the information in your resume by showing your personality and interest in the job. Include industry-specific knowledge as you write so that you demonstrate your competence. To get an idea of these attributes, review the free groundskeeper cover letter sample below and the two sections after it.
What to Include in a Groundskeeper Cover Letter
It is important that cover letters address a specific person. Avoid openings such as “Sir” or “Madam.” Also, notice how this free groundskeeper cover letter sample gets specific about the writer’s experience and accomplishments while keeping a professional tone. Along these lines, your letter should end by thanking the recipient for his or her time and stating your interest in an interview.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
Ideally, this free groundskeeper cover letter sample gives you at least a few good ideas for your own document. However, each job is different, so you do want to tailor your cover letters to each job. In general, people who hire groundskeepers desire the skills listed below.
• Physical fitness: Groundskeepers must often walk, stretch, and bend for long hours at a time.
• Knowledge of equipment: Groundskeepers work with equipment such as lawnmowers, leaf blowers, weed trimmers, shovels, rakes, snow blowers, and more.
• Efficiency: Quick and effective work is a hallmark of quality groundskeeper work.
• Professionalism: Groundskeepers often serve as one public face for private companies, apartment complexes, and universities. As such, you must be responsive and courteous.
• Punctuality: Weather is unpredictable, so being on call and on time are big assets.