123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 000-000-0000
Expert computer scientist with diverse work experience, including programming, software development, and consulting. Extensive knowledge of software development cycle as well as proficiency in several programming languages. Dedicated to meeting customer requirements with innovative solutions that maximize efficiency and exceed capability targets. Consistently use in-depth knowledge of budgetary issues affecting development and implementation to create cost-effective solutions. Comfortable discussing technical issues and solutions with scientists and analysts as well as clients.
- Thorough understanding of computer hardware and software, including experience working in all parts of software development cycle.
- Fluent in several programming languages, including C++, Python, MySQL, and Microsoft Visual Basic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, such a the ability to make technical information understandable to customers and end users.
- Solid background in mathematics, analysis, and problem-solving.
- Analyze client-specified problems to develop hardware and software solutions that fulfill operational requirements.
- Modify and test systems and networks to add functionality and improve workflow.
- Develop and modify system design procedures to meet updated quality and security standards.
- Assist internal and external customers to solve computer problems in a timely manner.
- Lead team of consultants, including assigning work and performing final testing.
- Serve as liaison between clients, developers, and programmers to facilitate expedient communication and efficient workflow.
- Analyzed software and hardware to find solutions that meet client requirements.
- Consulted with clients to determine feasibility of computer programs and network plans.
- Authored evaluation summaries detailing project goals, timelines, milestones, budgetary targets, and implementation schedules.
- Managed team of senior programmers by delegating assignments, reviewing work, providing feedback, and correcting errors.
- Exceeded internal targets for budget and delivery timeline on 95 percent of projects.
- Performed final review of programs to improve efficiency, correct errors, and verify operational capability.
- Authored instructional manuals for customers as required for delivery and implementation of software packages.
- Interacted directly with customers during development to update order requirements, give feedback on testing procedures, and ensure final product met operational targets.
- Received Customer Service Provider of the Year award due to outstanding feedback from clients.
- Participated in on-the-job training with senior computer programmers.
- Wrote, tested, and altered computer programs to meet customer requirements.
- Updated programs to meet new operational and security standards.
- Analyzed and created summary reports of computer programs detailing workflow and logic.
Maintain a video game review blog and attend gaming conferences. Lead a local tabletop gaming team. Enjoy reading and playing the violin. Volunteer at local library teaching computer literacy class for seniors.
Questions for Your Computer Systems Consultant CV
Start your CV with a header that includes your full name and contact information. Use subtitles to set off a professional summary or objective statement, list of skills and qualifications, and sections dedicated to work experience and education. You may conclude with hobbies and interests to give employers a better sense of your personality.Refer to our computer science CV sample to see an example of a professional document for a computer science position. You have the option to use this CV sample as a template for our step-by-step CV builder.
Even if you have never worked before, you can still make a professional CV for a computer science position. Point out your educational background and specialized training as well as any relevant certifications you hold to indicate that you possess the required skills to fill an available position.You should still include an experience section in which you list extracurricular activities, leadership roles, work-study positions, or other professional involvements. Describe these items in ways that will give employers a sense of your character and work ethic or reinforce your qualifications for a job in computer science.
Depending on your area of specialization within the field of computer science, you may know programming languages and be adept at developing, testing, or patching software. Present this knowledge in your summary statement, skills section, or work experience section.The candidate on our computer science CV sample addresses general software development skills in his summary statement. He brings up specific programming languages and mentions his familiarity with the development cycle in his skills section. The candidate addresses his background in software analysis in his work experience section. Take a close look at the description for an available position to determine which kinds of software knowledge you should emphasize on your CV.
Many employers seek candidates who hold certifications respected throughout the industry. If a position requires a certification, you may want to mention it early on in your summary statement or qualifications section. You can also combine academic degrees and professional certifications in the education section, or create a section for certifications to draw attention to these credentials.
Employers are increasingly relying on Applicant Tracking Systems to streamline the hiring process. An ATS scans CVs and resumes for keywords specified by an employer, and weeds out spam and irrelevant applications.The best way to increase the chance that your CV will pass an ATS check is to carefully examine the description of a position for significant keywords and use these words and phrases naturally in your document. If the candidate on our computer science CV sample applies for a position that requires analysis, client outreach, and team leadership skills, his CV would likely pass an ATS check.