You might have an impressive work history, but hiring managers will not know that unless you tell them with a great CV. Review this visual designer CV example and writing guide for some smart tips on highlighting your experience in a way employers will notice. Once you know more about the best CV writing practices, you can start developing your professional summary and outlining your work history, skills, education and training, and hobbies and interests.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Innovative visual designer seeking to use my creativity, technical skill, and marketing proficiency to generate influential advertisements. Lifelong artist with proficiency in numerous mediums, including pencil drawing, oil and watercolor painting, sculpting, photography, and video. Expertly utilize graphic design software and equipment to bring my ideas to life. Prefer to develop designs consumers find meaningful on multiple levels. Engage in frequent market research to accurately determine preferences of target customers.
- Shrewd communicator able to use targeted conversation to cultivate understanding of client desires.
- Excellent time manager, able to accurately estimate the length of time needed to fulfill a task.
- Begin each day with a list of goals to accomplish and make good use of my working hours.
- Observant and active listener, enabling me to accurately discern the motivations and desires of other people.
- Original thinker adept at formulating new and clever ways to convey information.
- Develop advertisements for food conglomerate.
- Collaborate with marketing staff to design graphics that fit the tone of their advertising campaigns.
- Brainstorm strategies to optimize visual impact of designs on consumers.
- Customize layout, color, font, and copy of advertisements to make them appropriate for audiences receiving them.
- Adapt graphics for use in print and web platforms.
- Delegate tasks to team members according to skill set and efficiency level.
- Promoted to team leader after consistently meeting deadlines and producing exemplary work.
- Created graphics for Big Soda’s Backtrack campaign after analyzing market research. Backtrack campaign was successful and focus groups cited bottle design as attractive feature of product.
- Created logos, advertising graphics, and websites for small businesses.
- Communicated with clients to understand their business goals and company cultures.
- Incorporated information into designs to accurately reflect client visions.
- Modeled virtual designs from hand drawings and paintings.
- Generated ideas that resonated with clients’ target customers. 75 percent of clients reported increased revenue after obtaining my services.
- Obtained 300 clients over two-year period.
- Designed packaging for major toy company.
- Led focus groups to determine color and logo schemes that would be most attractive to children.
- Designed fonts used in packaging for bestselling Koala Krush toy line.
- Used Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Visio to develop mockups.
I’m a graphic novel enthusiast who attends New Jersey ComicCon every year. Avid reader, especially of thriller and mystery novels. Volunteer with local animal shelter matching animals with foster and adoptive families. Accomplished ballet dancer with over 20 years of experience.
Writing the perfect cover letter has never been easier
With our exclusive, professionally designed templates and industry specific samples, a winning cover letter is just a minute away.