Hiring managers have a long list of criteria job applicants have to meet, especially for highly specialized professions, such as civil inspector. If you are unsure if your CV is up to snuff, take a look at this civil inspector CV example. It offers a good outline regarding what information to include and how everything needs to look on the page. In addition to the example, there is also a list of tips provided afterward, so make sure to read through everything to enhance your knowledge greatly.
Build My CV
8243 Valley Street, Chicago, IL 11111
E: email@example.com T: 555-723-7233
Skilled civil inspector with comprehensive knowledge of the best construction methodologies. Additional knowledge in city and state ordinances regarding how buildings need to be built in order to be safe for inhabitation. Keen eye for detail and have given over 50 buildings thorough reviews over the years to determine whether they are ready. Ability to work as part of a team so when issues do come up I am able to work with the contractor to figure out how to best solve them.
- Critical thinking skills to determine if there are any weaknesses within a design plan
- Understanding of development environment software and map creation software to assist in designing digital blueprints
- Comprehensive knowledge of state construction laws and general engineering principles
- Coordination skills to allow every member of the team to be utilized properly
- Knowledge of basic mathematical principles to determine what overall budget needs to be for a project to be done correctly
- Conduct walkthroughs at the end of a project to determine overall quality; over course of employment, found issues with four buildings that needed to be rectified immediately.
- Work with the team before construction begins to determine whether the proposed plans will abide by all state ordinances.
- Monitor construction throughout the duration of the project to ensure everything is progressing as planned.
- Write reports and submit them to the building owner.
- Remain up to date with all local and state laws to determine whether any old buildings need to be updated to remain in compliance.
- Designed layouts and reworked them until they were in compliance with all necessary specifications.
- Conferred with supervisors whenever extra funds were required to complete construction of a building.
- Kept the building owner in the loop with the building’s projects and answered all questions.
- Planned field surveys to determine the best location for a new building.
- Prepared reports that documented the construction process of a new building and submitted them to the proper government agencies.
- Studied blueprints to determine how big of a budget the team would need.
- Resolved numerous conflicts on the construction site, including an instance where the team was unsure if the company had acquired enough land to fit the entire building, which in the end it turned out there was just enough land.
I enjoy using my skills in math to help disadvantaged students with their schoolwork. I work for a volunteer tutor program that meets with children on the weekends to assist them with their homework, and I have assisted numerous students who were getting Ds in math receive As.
Build My CV
Civil Inspector CV Must-Haves
What Does a Civil Inspector Do?
Most of a civil inspector’s duties come at the end of a construction project when the inspector needs to conduct a thorough review of the completed building to see if there are any last touches that need to be completed. However, an inspector also plays a role before construction even begins by determining what the environmental and social impact of a new building would be. The team relies heavily on the inspector’s input to determine whether construction should proceed or if the plan needs to be altered in any way. Civil inspectors also draft progress reports, issue any notices of violation, and respond to any client complaints. Companies rely a great deal on their civil inspectors to offer valued advice, so you need your CV to show you are up to the task, just like the civil inspector CV example above.
Tips for Creating a Great Civil Inspector CV
Keep these tips in mind the next time you have a CV to craft:
– Your Professional Summary needs to contain an assortment of real world accomplishments and personal skills so the reader knows right off the bat what you bring to the table.
– Try to show you have gained an increasing number of responsibilities within your Work Experience section.
– You only need to list GPA under Education if you have graduated recently. If you do not want to include your GPA, you can always use an honor you received, such as summa cum laude.
– If you are going to list hobbies, include one that further emphasizes one of your skills.
– When you email your CV, play it safe and always submit it as a PDF.