What is an objective for a resume?A resume objective is a statement that explains your purpose for submitting your resume. It sits near the top of your document, underneath your header. It should communicate who you are, what kind of position you’re seeking, and why you’re the best person for the job.
Is an objective needed on a resume?Most employers think that adding an objective is outdated. However, you should write an objective if you are switching industries. In most other cases, writing a summary statement in place of the objective will suffice.
What are your objectives?Your career objectives should focus on what it is you want to do and where you see yourself being down the road (for example, in a management position in five years). On a resume, an objective should tell a story about who you are and what you’re seeking, and why you’re the best fit for the job.
View all Resume templates collection
Sample Resume Objectives
- To design the most practical strategies as a Sales Manager to raise profits at an exceptional rate.
- Experienced Journalist who enjoys covering all types of events and is able to travel everywhere in order to expand his knowledge about different topics.
- Capable individual with excellent organization skills and a capacity to handle challenging situations.
- To demonstrate the company that I can put into use my reasoning skills as an actuary in order to enhance the efficient analysis of the costs to which both the company and the clients may or may not have to incur.
- Applying for an entry-level job position where I can positively contribute to accelerate the rhythm in which the things are currently performed. Very effective and diligent.
- Seeking to fill a job position in the Customer Service sector. A very notorious capacity to quickly handle requests and complaints from the customers.
- Looking to become a department store manager where I can effectively supervise employees and make sure that everything is in order within the store.
- To contribute to the economic and social development of a community by participating in different events and by promoting the protection of the environment.
- To give valuable advices as a Financial Advisor about management costs, finances, businesses and other business-related topics that are important to the customers in order to promote economic stability.
- To provide the highest healthcare quality in one of the most valuable health care facilities in the country. Exceptional skills to empathize with the patients and to create an atmosphere of peace and tranquil communication. Ability to act quickly under stressful situations.