It is important to create the ideal resume, and a well-written cover letter can significantly increase your chances of getting an interview. It is your chance to expand on your resume and relate your industry-specific accomplishments in a way that emphasizes why you are the perfect fit for the job. Read this free retail assistant cover letter sample to see how to draft a compelling cover letter.
Free Retail Assistant Cover Letter Sample
What to Include in a Retail Assistant Cover Letter
Here are some helpful tips for creating the perfect cover letter. First, don’t just restate what you list on your resume. Your cover letter is a chance to provide interesting and new information. Next, as you can see from the free retail assistant cover letter sample, limit your writing to a single page. Incorporate job description language, use details of your experience, address a specific person or company in the opening, and add a statement of appreciation in the conclusion.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
Whatever you do, tailor your cover letter to your target audience. This free retail assistant cover letter sample shows the advantage of combining skills with experiences. Here are a few skills that can be beneficial for retail assistants.
• Interpersonal skills: An outgoing, friendly personality is essential for retail assistants because the job requires nearly continuous interaction with customers.
• Customer service skills: Retail assistants must be responsive to the needs of consumers. You have to explain various product options and make appropriate recommendations.
• Math skills: You need the ability to calculate discounts, estimate price totals, and figure change for customers.
• Sales skills: As a retail assistant, you must be persuasive and clearly and effectively explain the advantages of purchasing the merchandise.
• Persistence: You should not be discouraged quickly and should begin each new sales attempt with a positive outlook.