Searching for a new position is often a daunting experience, but if you have a professional resume, you stand an excellent chance of getting the job you want. Think of your resume as a tool to sell yourself to the employer. Take advantage of this opportunity to show your skills, education, experience, and accomplishments.
Take note: An entry level electrician resume should list your education, certifications in the field, and experience as it relates to the job. Include your level of ability to install, test, maintain, and repair equipment that is listed on the job description. Also mention your ability to learn new skills and your attention to detail. With all of this information in one place, the employer won’t have to search for it throughout your document.
Take a look at our entry level electrician resume templates and use them as examples to follow as you write your own.
Jason Davis Andrews
123 Fake Street
Home: (555) 987-1234
Cell: (555) 987-1234
Dedicated Entry Level Electrician who can provide accurate technical support, and complete electrical diagnostics and repair. Skilled at conducting preventative and corrective maintenance on electrical systems, installing conduits, and calibrating and repairing circuitry. Specialize at systems diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Electrical installation
- Systems testing
- Component assessment
- Equipment inspection
- Maintenance and repair
- Attention to detail
February 2010 to September 2014
Johnson Technical—City, State Entry Level Electrician
- Assisted in the design and installment of electrical components, systems, and wiring to ensure machine functionality.
- Conducted testing and assessment on company technical instruments.
- Inspected company instruments for safety and compliance, identified potential problems in functionality and completed preventative maintenance.
- Diagnosed systems malfunctions and provided corrective maintenance.
April 2004 to January 2010
Company Name—City, State Entry Level Electrician
- Conducted inspections on electrical systems, equipment, and components, calibrated and adjusted equipment, repaired malfunctioning equipment.
- Installed conduits, wiring and circuitry, and other electrical systems.
- Ensured the operation of company machinery by conducting troubleshooting and completing preventative maintenance when necessary.
September 2000 to March 2004
Cityland Electrical—City, State Entry Level Electrician
- Assembled electrical equipment, conduct performance testing and status assessment.
- Completed troubleshooting and diagnostics on malfunctioning systems or components.
- Provided preventative and corrective maintenance on electrical systems, circuitry, and equipment.
Coconino Community College, City, State
AAS in Applied Electrical Technology