123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Concertmistress in the Charlottesville Orchestra who is also the first-chair violinist. Dedicated to diligently practicing all pieces to ensure they are ready for upcoming performances, listening to the concerns of fellow musicians and the conductor, and upholding the orchestra’s professional reputation and image. Experienced in orchestral and quartet settings, and lead master classes for high school students each summer. Consistent team player who interacts well with other orchestral members to resolve issues and maintain consistent performance quality standards.
- -Strong desire to perform all pieces of music to the best of my abilities and achieve that aspiration through carefully planned practice sessions and a constant dedication to excellence.
- -Goal-oriented mindset, especially when learning new pieces or developing musicianship techniques.
- -Fluent speaker and writer of the Italian language.
- -Skilled in musical composition, ear training, and sight-reading.
- -Competent communicator, particularly when interacting with other members of an orchestra or teaching difficult technical concepts to fellow musicians.
- Perform orchestral works for audiences ranging from 50-10,000 people.
- Collaborate with other musicians to meet minimal performance standards and achieve a cohesive sound.
- Lead a 100-person orchestra made up of string, wind, brass, and percussion instruments.
- Assist the conductor with the goal of guiding musicians through complex pieces.
- Serve as a proper role model for other musicians to follow.
- Participated in the string section of the orchestra.
- Set a good example for fellow members of the orchestra by practicing sufficiently and always being ready to perform.
- Taught other musicians how to successfully play some of the more difficult parts of assigned pieces and recommended practice standards to follow.
- Represented the orchestra during a European tour.
I teach master classes for high school violin students every summer. I play at the Music Resource Center’s annual fundraising gala. I am a full member of the Central Virginia Orchestral Society. I go to local schools and talk about my music career to encourage students to potentially pursue their own music performance goals.