Top Physical Therapy CV Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Your knowledge of the human body and ability to treat it back to health is unparalleled. Now, it’s time to write a CV to highlight your patient care, successful plan creation and interpersonal skills that set you apart from other candidates.
Our customer reviews say it best
Physical therapy CV FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for physical therapy jobs?
- Medical terminology
- Time management
- Treatment planning
- Excellent communication skills
- Patient progress documentation
- Motivation and encouragement
- Relationship building
- Physical stamina
- Decision making
2. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
Qualifications for physical therapy vary according to your role. To become a physical therapist, you must complete a degree as a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT). If you want to work as a PT assistant, you must complete an associate’s degree, while PT aides must complete high school or its equivalent.
To practice in PT, you must fulfill the license requirements set by your state’s board. And if you’re seeking to specialize, complete a certification from the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties. The APTA ABPTS provides ten specialized certifications, among them: oncology, women’s health, sports and geriatrics.
3. What is the salary potential for a physical therapy professional?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median pay in physical therapy is $95,620 per year. These are average salaries for related occupations:
- Athletic trainers: $48,420 per year
- Chiropractors: $75,000 per year
- Exercise physiologists: $47,940 per year
- Occupational therapists: $85,570 per year
- Recreational therapists: $47,940 per year
4. What does the career progression for a physical therapy professional look like?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 17% increase in physical therapy employment, in comparison the national projected growth for all occupations which is 5%. According to BLS, there will be an expected 15,400 job openings each year until 2031.
5. What’s the ideal CV format for a physical therapy professional?
Physical therapists CVs have an open format. Unlike the functional, combination and chronological resume formats, which follow a particular order according to years of experience, you can choose the CV order according to your strongest qualifications, industry or job requirements. Find a polished, professional CV template, pay close attention to your grammar, action verbs and keywords to create your perfect CV.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
Bureau of Labor Statistics https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/physical-therapists.htm