Physical Therapy Technician Resume Example
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Skilled physical therapy technicians, also known as physical therapy aides, assist physical therapists by keeping detailed patient records, cleaning and organizing treatment rooms, and helping patients with light exercises or simple movements. They also arrange and stock supplies to make life easier for both therapists and patients. Show how much you love helping people by creating an awesome resume to join this exciting career!
Depending on where you apply, you will need at least a high school diploma or its equivalent to become a physical therapy technician. If you have experience, on-the-job training, or special certifications to work with certain injuries or conditions, be sure to highlight these on your resume. Your organizational skills and reliability are also great traits to point out for hiring managers.
123 Fake Street City, State, Zip Code Cell: 000-000-0000 firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced Physical Therapy Technician accustomed to assisting multiple physical therapists in busy rehabilitation environments. Sympathetic to patient struggles yet motivating in provision of assistance toward therapeutic goals. Proficient in preparation of the treatment area, patient relations, use of equipment and documentation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of therapy techniques
- Certified member of several associations
- Develop and aide in exercise routines
- Knowledge of ultrasound machines
- Familiar with electronic stimulation
- Detailed in treatment area disinfection
- Excellent equipment maintenance
- Highly organized and efficient
- Prompt, courteous and team oriented
December 2010 to Present Company Name-City, State Physical Therapy Technician
- Followed prescribed procedures and policies in preparation of treatment rooms for patient appointment.
- Transported patients from front waiting area to therapy rooms and back to lobby following treatment.
- Demonstrated proper use of all equipment and tools for patients prior to their use.
- Supervised patient activity within the treatment space for safety and compliance with equipment use guidelines.
- Assessed patient mobility and tracked movements for measurements.
- Sterilized, transported and prepped equipment for therapist use in patient treatment.
- Maintained adequate inventory of physical therapy supplies and requisitioned materials as needed.
- Completed preventive maintenance on therapeutic equipment, provided troubleshooting during malfunctions and contacted repair personnel for major repairs.
- Attended continuing educational sessions, trainings, trade shows, seminars, workshops and other functions for awareness and field knowledge.
- Owned accountability for all role-associated responsibilities and proficiency in job-oriented expectations.
2006 University of Cityland, City, State Certificate of Physical Therapy Assistance