123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 000-000-0000
Skilled procurement manager with two years of experience at the managerial level and five years in the industry. Background in providing excellent service for large corporations that encounter detailed and ever fluctuating purchasing needs. Extremely detail oriented, with a positive, upbeat personality.
- -Thorough knowledge of governmental rules regarding purchasing
- -Skilled in Intuit Corel Paradox, Oracle DBMS, Company Name Lotus Notes, and Ariba Spend Management Suite
- -Detail oriented for accurate recordkeeping
- -Ability to effectively analyze data
- -Clear written and oral communication
- -Background in training personnel and new hires
- -Strong sales personality for ensuring accurate transactions
- -Negotiation skills for competitive sales and leasing agreements
- -Critical thinking to arrange orders and make necessary adjustments
- -Thorough background in mathematical operations
- -Ability to compile, code, calculate, and audit data
- Represent large department store for negotiating contracts for consumer products.
- Oversee activities of workers who buy, sell, and distribute products.
- Process purchase orders and requisitions for products.
- Communicate with prospective vendors to determine terms and availability.
- Interview applicants and train staff using tailored training program.
- Devise purchasing instructions and policies, and ensure proper procedure from both the company and vendors.
- Prepare reports for costs and market conditions.
- Work with other staff members to generate product specifications.
- Resolve issues with contracts and supplies.
- Maintain thorough records of orders.
- Develop and implement organizational policies for the department.
- Manage budget for purchasing department.
- Create specifications for the delivery of new products.
- Consider environmental impact when determining transportation needs.
- Assisted procurement manager with buying duties.
- Prepared purchase orders for suppliers.
- Checked bills for accuracy against purchase orders.
- Readied purchasing files, prices lists, and reports.
- Looked over accuracy of shipments upon arrival.
- Evaluated supplier bids for best match.
- Kept abreast of inventory and made adjustments as necessary.
- Reviewed orders for accuracy.
- Communicated with suppliers for changes in shipment, including expedited shipping for shortages.
- Tracked statuses of orders.
- Answered supplier questions regarding order changes, status, and cancellations.
Deliver pet supplies to homebound individuals through city pet program. Girl Scout troop leader for past five years.