Getting selected for job interviews and ultimately landing jobs requires you to have a spectacular curriculum vitae. You will be amazed at how quickly a well-written CV can catch hiring managers’ attention. With the right knowledge of CVs and what they should look like, you will be able to write your own CV that shines. Here, you will find a forester CV example that is designed to show you proper formatting, organization, tone, and sections to include. The tips at the end will give you some additional ideas of good practices for CV writing.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 000-000-0000
Experienced forester working in the industry for over 10 years. Solid background in the management of private and public forests for recreational, conservation, and economic purposes. Committed to ensuring forest lands are used safely and purposefully. Dedicated to wildlife protection and ensuring environmental regulations are complied with. Team player who is able to effectively collaborate with coworkers to devise and implement creative solutions. Goal-driven professional who strives to maintain standards and exceed expectations.
- Excellent monitoring skills that allow me to effectively oversee forest lands and resources, wildlife, and potential issues so that I can take proper action.
- Exceptional decision-making abilities that are helpful for understanding the advantages and disadvantages of actions and choosing the most appropriate ones that benefit the forest.
- Outstanding organizational abilities that allow me to effectively plan and prioritize work activities and complete tasks in an orderly manner.
- Solid advising skills that are helpful when providing recommendations and advice on forestry issues.
- Strong speaking and listening abilities that allow me to negotiate the terms and conditions of contracts and agreements for forest management, leasing, and harvesting.
- Monitor contract compliance and forestry activities taking place to ensure government regulations are properly adhered to.
- Develop short and long-term plans for effective management of forest resources and lands for conservation, economic, and recreational purposes.
- Plan and oversee forestry projects such as monitoring new seedling growth, managing tree nurseries, and determining where to plant different types of trees.
- Determined the methods that should be used for removing and cutting timber to ensure minimal environmental damage and waste.
- Analyzed the effects of conditions in the forest on tree species prevalence, tree growth rates, and seed production.
- Directed forest fire suppression efforts to ensure minimal damage.
- Developed and implemented project plans for the conservation of soil, water, and wildlife habitats.
- Participated in forest protection, maintenance, and research activities.
- Analyzed plant samples for a variety of purposes, including resource management, disease control, and wildlife research.
- Tracked wildlife movement and interpreted photographs of habitats.
Bachelor of Science in Forestry
I love spending time outdoors, and I spend down time exploring and hiking in the woods around my home and learning about the land. I also enjoy gardening, and I grow several plants, including fruit trees, flowers, and vegetables. My other hobbies include reading, playing golf, and spending time with my family.
Questions for Your Forester CV
To write a strong forester CV that gets results, it’s a good idea to include these basic sections: contact information, professional summary, skills, work experience, education, and hobbies. Begin each section with a bold title. Then write either a short paragraph or create a bulleted list with the pertinent information.
You should tailor your CV for each job for which you are applying. Make a point to mention the specific qualities the job description is requesting. Show employers what you can offer the company and how you can fulfill their needs. Study our forester CV sample for suggestions.
The experience section presents your work history in reverse chronological order, beginning with your current job. Put the title of your position, the name of your employer, and the dates you worked there. Write bullet points for each job that describe the work you performed. Be sure to mention successes and accomplishments as well as responsibilities. For example, if you identified an emerald ash borer invasion and implemented treatments that halted the destruction, write it down.
As you can see from our forester CV sample, one page is usually sufficient for a good CV. There are exceptions, however. If you have 15-20 years of work experience, your CV can extend to two pages. Managers and supervisors may have CVs up to three pages long if necessary. It’s important to keep your CV lithe and lean by weeding out superfluous information. There’s no need to include work experience that is not career-related or skills that don’t pertain to the job.
Seven to eight skills are usually enough for the skills section of your CV. It’s crucial to have a good mix of hard, soft, and tech skills that showcase your abilities. Use buzzwords and keywords from your profession to show that you have an understanding of the job requirements. Examples of skills employers like to see include environmental monitoring, proficiency in mapping programs, and the ability to negotiate effectively.
CVs have a more flexible structure than resumes. You can play with the format a bit to emphasize your strengths. For example, if you recently graduated from college and have little to no work experience, you can put your education section first to showcase your most recent accomplishment. If you have an impressive work history with important responsibilities, put the focus there by moving it into first place.
However you choose to organize your CV, make sure it is clean and easy to read. Opt for a simple format with clearly delineated sections. See our forester CV sample for a good example, or try our resume builder for professional, customized assistance.
Forester CV Must-Haves
What Does a Forester Do?
Foresters have the important duty of managing forest lands while taking conservation, recreation, and economic aspects into consideration. Daily responsibilities for these professionals can include taking inventory of the location, type, and amount of timber in the forest, drawing up procurement contracts, figuring out how to best conserve wildlife habitats, ensuring environmental regulations are followed, monitoring tree growth, and developing plans for new tree planting. Foresters may also supervise the activities of the people working with or under them, direct fire suppression activities, analyze forest conditions, and direct forest surveys. These professionals must have extensive knowledge of forest lands and resources in order to make effective plans and decisions. They should also have good research, communication, and critical thinking skills. In the forester CV example shown, you will see just how these responsibilities and skills are incorporated into the document.
Tips for Creating a Great Forester CV
Below are some useful tips to think about while you write:
- Use positive and concise language on your CV. Liven up your Work Experience section with powerful action words that describe what you have accomplished. Good words to use include motivated, managed, developed, launched, and negotiated.
- Don’t include any negative information or anything that is too personal. There is no need to mention the reasons you left a job or what your political views are.
- Remember to use numbers for any accomplishments that are measurable, such as how many acres of forest you managed or how many new trees you planted.
- Don’t lie or exaggerate on your CV. Be honest about your skills and experience to avoid problems in the future.
- List relevant hobbies at the end of your CV to give potential employers an idea of who you are.
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs