Top Travel CV Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
You help others create magical memories with trend forecasting and travel software knowledge. You have the hospitality and traveling skills to connect people with the world. It’s time to make a CV to highlight your skills like direct marketing, accounting and project management as well as the interpersonal skills like cultural sensitivity, active listening and empathy.
CV examples for top travel jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Travel CV FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for travel jobs?
- Customer service
- Foreign languages & level of proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Public speaking
- Zoho Expense
- Concur travel
- Business acumen
2. What's the ideal format for a travel CV?
A travel CV format is open. Choose the CV order according to your strongest qualifications, industry or job requirements. Find a polished, professional CV template, and pay close attention to your grammar, action verbs and keywords to create your perfect CV.
3. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
Qualifications vary according to the employer. Most will require a bachelor’s degree, while others only ask for a high school diploma. Pay close attention to the job description, which will have all the requirements.
Certifications will help you stand out from other candidates. A few to consider are:
- ASTA Verified Travel Advisor (VTA)
- Travel Industry Certification Programs
- Travel Agency Executive (TAE)
- Certified Cruise Counsellor (CCC)
- Master Cruise Counsellor (MCC) Certification
Remember to include the issuing institution and, if applicable, the expiration date.
4. What is the salary potential for a travel professional?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for travel is $43,810. These are salaries in related occupations:
- Information clerks: $37,450 per year
- Meeting, convention and event planners: $49,470 per year
- Secretaries and administrative assistants: $39,680 per year
5. What does the career progression for travel look like?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 20% growth for this occupation during this decade, much faster than the projected 5% for all occupations nationwide. BLS projects 7,500 yearly openings and 9,100 new jobs.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Travel Agents
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Data for Occupations Not Covered in Detail
- The Travel Institute Travel Industry Certification Programs
- American Society of Travel Advisors Training and Certifications
- Travel Perk Top 20 best travel management software tools in 2024
- G2 Best Travel Management Software
- Gartner Peer Insights Corporate Travel Management Software