Build Your CV
2938 Denver St., Columbus, OH 44444
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 444-444-3948
Accomplished air conditioning technician with more than 10 years of experience working on residential, commercial, and industrial air conditioning units. Knowledgeable in various types and brands of air conditioning units, including their components, installation methods, and maintenance requirements. Detail-oriented individual who pays close attention to clients’ needs and strives to go above and beyond to provide service that meets their satisfaction.
- Complex problem-solving and critical-thinking skills allow for quick diagnosis of air conditioning problems and determining the best course of action for repairs.
- Sensitive to the needs and concerns of others and understand how to speak to clients who feel stressed about their HVAC repair needs.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure appointments and repairs are always done on time or early.
- Strong command of the English language, including written and oral comprehension and communication skills.
- Proficient in a wide range of computer hardware and software used for managing customers and logging data.
- Provide routine maintenance for air conditioning units, including changing filters, refilling non-toxic refrigerants, and cleaning air ducts.
- Install new air conditioning units by connecting them to their fuel, water, or refrigerant sources.
- Balance air conditioning systems by adjusting controls to manufacturer-recommended settings and educating system owners on the proper use of their units.
- Installed the auxiliary components of air conditioning and heating units, including their air ducts and discharge valves.
- Developed preventative and general maintenance routines for commercial HVAC units that included tasks such as changing filters, vacuuming equipment, and cleaning units.
- Assembled and mounted heating and cooling units according to manufacturer specifications.
- Diagnosed problems in air conditioning units and performed the appropriate repairs to return them to good working order.
- Installed wireless, programmable thermostats into homes, office buildings, and industrial warehouses to maintain a constant temperature and minimize energy usage.
- Helped clients choose new units that fit their budgets as well as their property needs.
In my free time, I enjoy swimming, camping, and spending long afternoons on the lake during the summer. During colder months, my partner and I like to catch up on our favorite TV shows and check out new movies. I also volunteer at the local soup kitchen during the holiday season.
Build Your CV
AC Technician CV Must-Haves
What Does an AC Technician Do?
An air conditioning technician is responsible for ensuring the air conditioning units for residential, business, and corporate properties are safely and properly installed and in good working order. AC technicians typically install new units when the client purchases them as well as perform general maintenance and repairs on already existing systems. Air conditioning technicians must have a strong working knowledge of the components of an air conditioning unit as well as the ability to read blueprints, test circuits, and perform related tasks. They must be comfortable working with all types of clients and be willing to answer questions and address concerns. AC technicians should be highly organized and possess strong time-management skills. A more detailed list of duties and responsibilities is available in the attached AC technician CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great AC Technician CV
For further guidance and to better ensure a professional CV, implement these tips as you write:
? Do use reverse chronological order when creating your sections for experience and education, listing your most recent accomplishments first.
? Do not include irrelevant or old information. Avoid listing high school classes or GPA information, and do not include experience older than 10 years unless it is a large accomplishment closely related to the industry.
? Do include several bullet points with each experience listing that detail your duties, responsibilities, and accomplishments while on the job.
? Do not get too personal in the section for your hobbies and interests. Avoid including any information about your political views, religious views, or other controversial topics that might lead to intentional or unintentional discrimination by employers or hiring managers.
? Do read your CV out loud before submitting it to employers. Doing so helps you to catch small spelling and grammar mistakes you may have otherwise missed.