Top HVAC Resume Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Your ability to quickly diagnose and repair HVAC/R systems makes you a hot commodity. It’s time to write a resume to showcase your technical skills, customer care and installation expertise.
Let us help you build the perfect HVAC resume or CV, and create an effective cover letter to accompany it. Plus, we offer some great resume examples, CV examples and cover letter examples to get you started.
Our customer reviews say it best
HVAC resume FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for HVAC jobs?
- Equipment maintenance
- Diagnose and repair issues
- Safety regulations
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management
- Pumping and piping
- Safety protocols
- Customer service
2. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
Qualifications vary in each state. Carefully read the job description to ensure you have or are pursuing the right qualifications. HVAC professionals have an apprenticeship or a postsecondary degree and, in some states, a license to operate.
While not a requirement, certifications help back up your knowledge and skills. You could purse a North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certification, U.S. EPA Section 608 Technician Certification or an HVAC Excellence certification, among others
3. What is the salary potential for a HVAC professional?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the media pay in HVAC is $48,360. These are average salaries for similar occupations:
- Electricians: $60,040 per year
- Plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters: $59,880 per year
- Solar photovoltaic installers: $47,670 per year
- Stationary engineers and boiler operators: $63,500
4. What does the career progression for a professional HVAC look like?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 5% increase in HVAC employment, which is on par with the all occupations average. BLS estimates around 40,100 job openings each year until 2031.
5. What’s the ideal resume format for a HVAC job resume?
The ideal resume format will highlight your strengths and value as a candidate. Choose one according to your years of experience and career goals.
- Functional format: The choice for entry-level candidates. Its layout focuses on skills, allowing you to showcase everything that you can do.
- Combination format: Ideal for those with a few years under the belt, this format balances skills and work experience.
- Chronological format: Perfect for candidates with a decade or more of experience. This format showcases expertise through a detailed work history section.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
North American Technician Excellence https://natex.org/category/technician/become-nate-certified
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency https://www.epa.gov/section608/section-608-technician-certification-0
Air Conditioning Contractors of America https://www.acca.org/certification/qtech/entryleveltech