Build Your CV
222 Willis Street, Morgantown, WV 33333
E: email@example.com P: 111-222-1212
Seasoned fabricator specializing in CNC machining. Experienced with mills, lathes, and plasma cutters. Program commands into machines and monitor cutting process. Detect and respond to errors in software and machines. Devise methods for improving efficiency and reducing production costs. Take advantage of all opportunities to advance expertise.
- Operate and maintain plasma cutter for engineering company.
- Collaborate with engineering team to develop workable prototypes, and explain machine capabilities so team members can generate accurate designs.
- Calculate labor and materials necessary to produce desired orders, and provide estimates to engineers.
- Modify designs to maximize quality and production speed.
- Redesigned manufacturing process to reduce material waste, and saved department $100,000 per year in materials.
- Input computer commands and supervise machine during cutting.
- Train novice CNC machinists in best practices for fabrication, maintenance, and safety.
- Operated plasma-cutting machine experiencing frequent failures, and introduced new maintenance and cleaning schedule that drastically reduced occurrence of failures, saving $200,000 per year in labor and overhead costs.
- Organized work materials for optimal efficiency and ease of access, tracked personal and departmental inventory, and ordered new materials as necessary.
- Recognized errors, investigated their sources, modified program codes, and altered machinery as necessary to eliminate errors.
- Operated and maintained CNC mill and lathe.
- Prepared machines for cutting by choosing appropriate tooling, placing workpieces, and mounting fixtures according to design specifications.
- Tailored machine operating speed to the project at hand.
- Ensured machine parts had adequate cooling time, and lubricated them between uses.
- Replaced cutting components when they became too dull.
- Promoted efficiency by preparing jobs awaiting production.
- Wrote programs to test interaction between computers and cutting machines.
Passionate about boating and fishing. Compete in BassFest every year. Coach youth basketball for local YMCA. Volunteer with local senior center, visiting assisted living residents and working in the games room.
Build Your CV
CNC Machinist CV Must-Haves
What Does a CNC Machinist Do?
CNC machinists operate computer numerical control machines, which are used to cut figures from metal or plastic sheets. These figures are then used in a wide variety of industrial applications such as machining and fabrication. CNC machinists assign commands to their machines from computer programs, monitor the cutting process, and troubleshoot issues as they arise. In your CV, you should emphasize your comfort with both machinery and computer programming. This will highlight your versatility as an employee. CNC machinists are also responsible for maintaining and cleaning their machines to keep performance optimal. The candidate in the CNC machinist CV example stressed his organization and work ethic, demonstrating that he values the quality of both his machine and its products.
Tips for Creating a Great CNC Machinist CV
It’s time to start writing, but first, consider these tips:
– CNC machinists have to notice and respond to small errors that their machines make. In your CV, you should mention that you value precision, as this will help you perform your job duties better.
– Since CNC machinists work with both computers and machines, problem-solving is part of their daily lives. Make sure to show you are comfortable with encountering issues as you work and can get to the root of them.
– If you have been in the working world for a while, there are a few things to keep in mind about dates on your CV. First, it is acceptable to omit graduation dates if you so desire. Second, you should not include your entire work history. Instead, write only about positions you have held in the last 10 years.
– Make sure to proofread your CV before you submit it. It is often helpful to have a trusted friend take a look for you.