Build Your CV
987 Kings CT, East Lansing, Michigan 11111
E:ssanders@emailbox P: 555-111-2222
Computer engineer with over 10 years of experience in network communication management, looking for new position after relocating to the area. Spent last four years overseeing remote access management for regional educational software development firm. Headed the off-site access team that screened employee requests for remote availability to corporate network. Work included extensive travel to satellite offices as well as home office locations to setup and inspect hardware, run system security checks, and test bandwidth capabilities. Also served as telecommunications support technician for same organization, becoming familiar with mobile site optimization and security protocols for mobile networks.
- Supervised team that processed all remote access requests coming in from new hires and promotions. Ran internal system security checks on applicants as part of approval process.
- Worked with users granted remote access to help educate them on system login procedures, security standards, and credentialing requirements.
- Oversaw the hardware setup and network connection processes during the opening of two new satellite offices during tenure.
- Attended quarterly meetings given by public policy teams as well as private security firms to become familiar with regulatory compliance guidelines and industry best practices.
- Configured corporate-owned cell phones and tablets with network applications and security software needed to allow for safe access by employees.
- Set up business email and instant messaging accounts to be used by employees and approved partners.
- Conducted annual training with employees to inform them of equipment upgrades and corporate communication policy changes.
- Collaborated with employees to help them update their network security credentials at the beginning of each new fiscal year.
- Selected as one of five participants in internship program from a pool of over 200 candidates.
- Worked under the direction of corporate network coordination team for national health insurance provider.
- Tasked with logging and processing new equipment orders, assisting on remote service calls, and transcribing minutes from executive committee meetings.
- Collaborated with another intern in creating new dashboard design for employee portal page as part of master’s course capstone project. Concept was later adopted and implemented by corporation.
Avid road cyclist who has completed six century rides. Fan of both NASCAR and IndyCar racing events, having traveled to six different states to attend races. Enjoy golfing and playing tennis.
Build Your CV
Communication Engineer CV Questions
Start your CV for a communication engineer position with a header that includes your full name and contact information. The next section should consist of either a professional summary or objective statement. Round out the rest of your CV with lists of skills, work experience, and education. You may also add a section for hobbies and interests, like the candidate on our communication engineer CV sample.
The header of your CV should give employers everything they need to identify your application materials and get into touch with you during the hiring process. Give your full name and either a complete physical or mailing address or your present city and state of residence. You should also provide at least two reliable methods of contact, such as a home or personal cell phone number and a professional email address.
Communication engineers are likely to have a variety of computer skills. Check the description of the job you want to determine which of these skills is most relevant for getting hired. The candidate on our communication engineer CV sample describes her ability to set up and inspect hardware, run security checks and bandwidth tests, and offer support.
Our sample candidate has more than a decade of experience with network communication management. She points out her expert understanding of network infrastructure in the skills section of her CV and expands on the ways she applied these skills in previous positions in her work experience section. You may bring up computer skills in any or all of these sections.
Competitive candidates for an engineer position are likely to draw attention to soft skills on their CV in addition to having a solid background in communication technology. The candidate on our communication engineer CV sample addresses her attention to detail and strong communication skills in the qualifications section.
Soft skills can give employers a clearer impression of whether a certain candidate is the right choice for a communication engineer position. This candidate also points out her ability to work alone or in a group and her organization and time-management skills.
Begin each entry in the experience section of your CV with your job title, dates of employment, and the name and location of your employer. The candidate on our sample describes her general responsibilities and accomplishments in three positions that span a decade. She uses four bullet points to structure detailed descriptions of each role. If you are not sure how to format this section, try using this CV sample as a template for our customized resume builder with industry-specific text examples.
Communication Engineer CV Must Haves
What Does a Communication Engineer Do?
Communication engineers work with network management teams to help improve electronic communication methods within an organization and implement new platforms and procedures aimed at improving processes. They also tend to oversee remote access to corporate networks, monitoring the information exchanged over secure channels and screening communications for potential security threats. Communication engineers are usually the central point of contact between network support teams and frontline users. They train employees on how to use equipment and access information through secure channels. With network security being such a hot topic in recent years, communication engineers are expected to know the compliance standards for accessing and sharing vital business and client information. Having an understanding of these roles helps you use the communication engineer CV example provided to present your skills and experience appropriately, and to understand what sort of questions may come when you are called in for an interview.
Tips for Creating a Great Communication Engineer CV
Creating a quality curriculum vitae takes more than just using a CV example to throw some information together to present alongside a job application. Rather, it requires that you complement the example given with your own personal touches. How do you accomplish this? Keep the following tips in mind:
– Include enough details in your “Hobbies and Interests” section to say a little about who you are, but not so many as to impact the image of professionalism you’re trying to build.
– When listing your past work experience, highlight whatever leadership roles you may have taken on before.
– Avoid unfinished paragraphs at the beginning or ends of pages in your document if possible.
– Don’t simply rely on spellcheck to screen your CV for errors. Review it several times yourself, or even have an editor check it for grammatical accuracy.