Build Your CV
7292 North Brogden Avenue , Portland, OR 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-908-9001
Experienced communication officer with extensive knowledge of media relations and public relations writing. Excelled at obtaining new clients for past employers and maintain friendly relationships with all of them. Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and oversee the operations of a team. Constantly updating knowledge of current social media trends to implement them effectively at own place of business.
- Produce press packets and distribute them among local news organizations.
- Establish media contacts across a variety of channels.
- Develop programs to take to local colleges and high schools to encourage students to apply for positions at company.
- Attend conferences across the Western United States to draw in new clients and promote benefits of organization, which has resulted in obtaining contracts for over a dozen new clients in two months.
- Maintain company’s website and update social media pages regularly.
- Coached upper management on how to speak with the press and wrote speeches for these individuals.
- Conferred with associates regarding which points should be emphasized in interviews and press releases.
- Remained proactive in ensuring company’s reputation among the community was always positive and performed damage control when necessary.
- Conducted market research to ascertain what general public considered to be the strengths of the business.
- Created marketing campaigns, including filming a commercial that aired on local television stations that resulted in a lot of goodwill and more business.
- Consulted with staffing agencies to fill out the ranks in the organization when it was required.
- Developed new webpages, and utilized the latest SEO principles to make them achieve higher rankings on Google search results.
I like to stay active, and one of my more recent hobbies is going mountain biking. There are some really great trails in the area, and I hope to explore them all over the coming months. Additional hobbies include hiking and bird watching.
Build Your CV
Communication Officer CV Must-Haves
What Does a Communication Officer Do?
A communication officer is generally responsible for maintaining good public relations between a company and the community. This includes writing press releases to be distributed to news outlets and creating other forms of advertising to get the word out. In today’s digital age, a lot of a communication officer’s duties will involve maintaining a strong online presence. This includes creating new webpages that are easily readable and being proactive through a variety of social media channels. You may also need to coach people within the organization to be camera ready and capable of answering interview questions. This professional also usually plays a role in an organization’s reputation management, which can involve responding to problems but also being proactive in emphasizing the positive attributes of a company. Take another look at the communication officer CV example to get an idea for how this information needs to look on the page.
Tips for Creating a Great Communication Officer CV
These pointers are other ways you can make your CV stand out in a pile:
-Emphasize your knowledge of different kinds of software throughout your CV.
-Highlight experiences or education you have in public relations.
-Include detailed achievements in your CV.
-Each point in your Work Experience section should begin with an active verb. Use present tense if you still work at that job, but use the past tense if you are no longer there.
-It is preferable to write any honors you earned under Education as opposed to your GPA.
-The information presented under Hobbies should offer employers a glimpse of your personality while also further emphasize important skills. For example, discussing a hobby you have recently started is good for showing how you are not afraid of new challenges.
-Make sure to include your computer prowess, and mention specific software you have used in the past.