Best Cosmetology Resume Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
The cosmetology industry focuses on wellness and beauty. Cosmetologists style, color and maintain hair, nails and skin. They are formally trained in their areas of expertise and are required to continue their education throughout their careers.
No matter your cosmetology specialty, we can help you write a resume to beat the competition and get a great cosmetology job.
We’ll help you build the perfect cosmetology resume or CV and create an effective cosmetology cover letter to accompany it. Plus, we offer some great cosmetology resume examples, CV examples and cover letter examples to get you started.
Resume examples for top cosmetology jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Cosmetology resume FAQ
1. What educational qualifications do I need to become a cosmetologist?
Cosmetology jobs require at least two years of training in a specialized discipline, such as hair styling or makeup artistry. In some states, classroom training is followed by an apprenticeship lasting one to two years. Licensure is required to become a cosmetologist, but certifications for each specialization depend on the state.
2. What’s the ideal resume format for a cosmetology resume?
There are three standard resume formats. The one you choose should depend on your level of work experience and career goals.
- Functional format: Entry-level applicants will benefit from this format. The layout focuses on skills, allowing you to showcase everything you can do.
- Combination format: This format puts the skills and work experience on equal footing. It’s a great option if you have a few years of professional experience.
- Chronological format: Ideal for seasoned professionals with many years of experience, this format showcases expertise through a detailed work history section.
3. What is the outlook for a career in cosmetology?
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), employment in the cosmetology industry is projected to grow 11 percent through 2031, with approximately 93,800 openings expected each year.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.