Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Your creativity combined with image consciousness, leadership and forward thinking make you an asset for the fashion industry. It’s time to write a resume to highlight your skills and everything you bring to the table.
Let us help you build the perfect fashion resume or CV. Plus, create an effective cover letter to match it. Get inspiration from our resume examples, CV examples and cover letter examples to start.
Table of Contents
Resume examples for top fashion jobs
More fashion resumes by job title
CV examples for top fashion jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Our resume builder makes it easy to craft an impressive, ATS-friendly resume in just minutes.
- Free professionally designed templates.
- Expert suggestions for every section of your resume.
- Start a resume from scratch or edit your existing resume.
Fashion CV FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for fashion jobs?
Hiring managers for fashion jobs look for applicants with a mix of soft and hard skills, for example:
- Project management
- Drawing skills
- Garment manufacturing
- Fabric knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management
2. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
Qualifications and certifications will vary according to state and employer. Generally, a bachelor’s is the minimum requirement. You can also include certifications to specialize your craft. For example, Certificate in Fashion Design, Image Consultant certification and Certificate in Fashion Communication, among others.
3. What is the salary potential for a fashion professional?
The salary of a fashion professional varies according to employer, job title and location. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports a fashion designer’s median pay is $77,450 per year. BLS also reported the following as median pay for similar occupations:
- Art directors: $100,890 per year
- Industrial designers: $77,030 per year
- Jewelers and precious stone and metal workers: $46,640 per year
- Purchasing managers, buyers and purchasing agents: $75,410 per year
4. What does the career progression for a fashion professional look like?
From 2021 to 2031, there is a 3% projected growth for the fashion industry. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, this translates to 20,500 new jobs every year until 2031. The projected growth for all occupations in this industry is 5%.
5. What’s the ideal resume format for a fashion resume?
Your ideal resume format varies according to your years of experience and career goals. Each resume format will highlight your current strengths and skills, showcasing the value you bring to the table. Choose one accordingly:
- Functional format: Perfect for entry-level candidates. Its layout focuses on skills, allowing you to showcase the abilities you bring to the table.
- Combination format: The choice for those with a few years under the belt, this format balances skills and work experience.
- Chronological format: Ideal for candidates with 10+ years of experience. This format highlights your expertise through a detailed work history section.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
Bureau of Labor Statistics. https://www.bls.gov/ooh/arts-and-design/fashion-designers.htm