You’ll want to include both your interpersonal skills and your skills using software when creating a resume for an inventory control clerk position. Your resume is a one-shot sales pitch–you’re selling your abilities as an employee. Get it right, you’ll get called in for an interview; get it wrong, you’ll just be waiting for your phone to ring.
Inventory control clerks often lead, or work as part of, a team. Include previous team experiences in your work history, focusing on the tasks you’ve accomplished as a team member or leader. Team accomplishments draw a lot of notice.
If you’re applying for your first inventory control clerk position, you may want to use one of our inventory control clerk resume examples to help save time while building your first resume.
Inventory Control Clerk Resume Questions
1. How should you present software knowledge on an inventory control clerk resume?
There are two different methods you can use to present software knowledge on your resume. First, you can list your specific software knowledge under the skills section of your document. For instance, if you were proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, you would add this skill as one of your bullet points.
Second, you can tie in your software knowledge under the work experience section of your resume. To do this, mention how you used certain software to conduct regular duties when you worked at a different position.
2. How do you make an inventory control clerk resume for a first job?
If you are applying for a job as an inventory clerk and you have never held a job before, start by going over our inventory control clerk resume sample. By doing so, you’ll get a better feel for how you should format this document and the different sections you should include. You should also try out our step-by-step resume builder. With this tool, you can create a resume from start to finish in a matter of minutes.
3. How can you highlight team experience on an inventory control clerk resume?
As an inventory clerk, you may have to manage situations where you work with a team to complete a task. You can state outright that you have experience working with teams within the skills section of your resume. You can also mention your team experience under the work history section of this document. For example, our inventory control clerk resume sample states under the work experience section that the candidate “worked closely with the logistics team to implement several changes to the inventory system.”
4. How do you describe achievements on your inventory control clerk resume?
Your achievements can set you apart from the competition when you apply for a new job. To properly include them on your resume, plan on incorporating them under a specific achievements section of this document. Unless you lack significant work experience, this section should sit near the bottom of your document. Make sure you include the title of the award or achievement, the date you earned this designation, and the reason you received this award.
5. What technical skills should you put on an inventory control clerk resume?
Our inventory control clerk resume sample lists several different technical skills, including the ability to maintain high accuracy rates for inventory control figures, exceptional computer skills, and strong purchasing and logistics skills. Depending on your personal capabilities, these qualifications may also fit well on your resume.
However, make sure you review the job posting before you write your resume to determine which skills the employer wants applicants to have. You should also blend your technical skills with a variety of soft skills, which may include teamwork, customer service, and organization.
Joshua Trundle 123 Fake Street City, State, Zip Code Cell: 000-000-0000 email@example.com
Precise Inventory Control Clerk who is exceptional at updating and developing new ways to integrate software platforms with inventory control measures. Adept at working in an automated warehouse, maintaining exact inventory levels and working in a busy warehouse environment. Specializes in Internet retail and boutique stores.
- Maintains a very high accuracy rate for inventory control figures
- Exceptional computer skills in several software platforms
- Adept at getting legacy inventory systems to work with new platforms
- Very strong purchasing and logistics skills
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Dedicated employee who enjoys the work and doesn’t mind the hours
October 2010 to February 2015 Company Name – City, State Inventory Control Clerk
- Responsible for monitoring inventory levels and comparing them to budget projections.
- Worked closely with logistics team to implement several changes to the inventory system that saved the company money.
- Assisted in creating inventory rotation schedule and reducing restocking fees from manufacturers.
September 2006 to October 2010 Company Name – City, State Inventory Control Clerk
- Responsible for monitoring all inventory levels and submitting a weekly report to management.
- Assisted order pickers in developing more accurate and efficient ways to pick products.
- Worked with warehouse crew to do physical inventory once each quarter.
June 2001 to September 2006 Company Name – City, State Inventory Control Clerk
- Assisted in overhauling inventory control system to make it more efficient.
- Developed effective new method for arranging and tagging inventory bins.
2001 High Hill Community College, City, State Associate’s Degree, Business