Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Your attention to detail, leadership skills and time management maintain quality products, safe buildings and successful companies. Write a resume to show your dedication to upholding high-quality standards.
Let us help you build the perfect resume or CV, and create an effective cover letter to accompany it. Get inspiration from our resume examples, CV examples and cover letter examples to get you started.
Table of Contents
Resume examples for top quality control jobs
More quality-control resumes by job title
Cover letter examples for top quality control jobs
CV examples for top quality control jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Our resume builder makes it easy to craft an impressive, ATS-friendly resume in just minutes.
- Free professionally designed templates.
- Expert suggestions for every section of your resume.
- Start a resume from scratch or edit your existing resume.
Quality control resume FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for quality control jobs?
Hiring managers and recruiters look for quality control job applicants who have a mix of soft and hard skills, specifically:
- Quality standards
- Review of drawings, blueprints, specs, etc.
- Reporting and analysis
- Quality surveys and investigations
- Precision inspection instruments
- Documentation and record keeping
- Statistical process control
- Audit inspections
- Project management
2. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
Qualifications vary according to the employer. At minimum, a high school diploma is required and you will receive training on the job. Consider certifications, which can add weight to your skills and experience. The American Society for Quality provides different levels of certification, from foundational quality to management and engineering. Other certifications to consider are: Six Sigma Quality Control Certification, OSHA’s Safety certificate and Building Performance Institute’s Quality Control Inspector certification.
3. What is the salary potential for a quality control professional?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the media pay in quality control is $38,580. These are average salaries for similar occupations:
- Construction and building inspectors: $61,640 per year
- Industrial engineering technologists: $60,220 per year
- Logisticians: $77,030 per year.
4. What does the career progression for a quality control professional look like?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 3% decrease in quality control employment from 2021-2031. Despite this decline, BLS reports 67,800 projected quality control job openings each year until 2031.
5. What’s the ideal resume format for a quality control resume?
Your ideal resume format is determined by your years of experience and career goals. Choosing the right format will help you highlight your strengths and value as a candidate.
- Functional format: Perfect for entry-level candidates. Its layout focuses on skills, allowing you to showcase what you bring to the table.
- Combination format: Great for those with a few years under the belt, this format balances skills and work experience.
- Chronological format:Ideal for candidates with 10+ years of experience. This format showcases expertise through a detailed work history section.