Being a 911 dispatcher takes a host of soft skills like attention to detail, perception, and commitment. But how do you show these skills when you’re applying for a job on paper? The answer is an excellent resume. Before you get a job as a 911 dispatcher, you need to make sure that you perfect your resume-writing skills. A large part of being a 911 dispatcher is having solid character and judgement. This means that in your resume, you need to make sure that you have outstanding references who can speak to your character both personally and professionally. When you have a list of references ready, it’s time to write the rest of your resume. Keep reading for a 911 dispatcher resume sample with more tips and tricks.
911 Dispatcher Resume Questions
1. How do you write the header of a 911 dispatcher resume?
2. How do you write an objective statement for a 911 dispatcher resume?
3. How long should a 911 dispatcher resume be?
4. How can you highlight team experience on a 911 dispatcher resume?
5. How do you write the experience section of your 911 dispatcher resume?
123 Fake Street
City, State, Zip Code
911 Dispatcher, able to work under stressful environment while maintaining composure and giving precise emergency instructions. Able to multi-task and coordinate various emergency service personnel while focusing on issue at hand. Able to type up to 50 words per minute and maintain a calm and assuring demeanor while speaking with general public and emergency personnel.
- Assuring disposition
- Able to Maintain Control
- Knowledge of 911 dispatching procedures
- Able to Communicate effectively
- Map reading abilities
- Capable of communicating directions
- Able to keep communications records
May 2010 to February 2015
California Highway Patrol, North Highlands, CA Senior 911 Dispatcher
- Managed dispatching office of up to 10 dispatchers at a time.
- Coordinated schedules of dispatchers and oversaw incoming 911 calls.
- Kept records of call logs and personnel reports for future reference.
- Handled high â€¢ stress multi â€¢ personnel calls while making quick decisions.
- Answered to immediate and inter â€¢ agency supervisors for each decision made.
March 2008 to May 2010
Company Name, City, State 911 Dispatcher
- Answered 911 calls from general public and emergency personnel.
- Assisted general public with emergency situations while coordinating emergency personnel for immediate response.
- Read maps and dispatched personnel to correct response locations.
September 2006 to March 2008
University of California
- Company Name, City, State 911 Dispatcher
- Took emergency calls from University students and personnel.
- Coordinated emergency personnel for proper response while providing a calm demeanor with callers and emergency personnel.
- Kept call records and documents regarding emergency calls and response.
- Trained on 911 dispatch programs and procedures.
Company Name High School 210 College St, City, State High School Diploma — General Studies University of California 112 University Way, City, State Bachelor of Science, Administration of Justice