Top Web Development Resume Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
You combine creativity with technical knowledge to create functional, aesthetically pleasing websites. Your interpersonal skills and attention to detail set you apart. It’s time to take your career to the next level and make a resume highlighting your certifications, time management and full-stack development skills.
We can help you build the perfect web development resume or CV and create an effective cover letter to match it. You can also find inspiration in our resume examples, CV examples and cover letter examples to get started.
Resume examples for top web development jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Web development resume FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for web development jobs?
- Content management systems
- Risk management
- Attention to detail
- HTML & CSS
- Web analytics
2. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
Qualifications vary according to employers. For some, high school education plus experience is enough, while others require a bachelor’s degree.
Certifications are valuable in the web development industry. Pursue specialized certifications to hone your skills and stand out from the pool of applicants. For example:
- Full Stack Web Development Certification
- GIAC Certified Web Application Defender (GWEB)
- IEEE Computer Society’s Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP)
3. What’s the ideal format for a web development resume?
The ideal resume format varies according to your years of experience.
- Functional resume format is ideal for those starting their careers or candidates changing industries, as it focuses on your skills.
- Combination resume format is great for candidates with a few years of experience. This format balances both skills and experience.
- Chronological resume format is the perfect choice for candidates with decades of experience. It highlights their vast experience.
4. What is the salary potential for a web development professional?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for web developers is $78,300. These are salaries in related occupations:
- Computer and information systems managers: $159,010 per year
- Computer systems analysts: $99,270 per year
- Software developers, quality assurance analysts, and testers: $109,020 per year
5. What does the career progression for web development look like?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 23% growth in the web development industry during this decade. This translates to 21,800 job openings each year from 2021 to 2031. This growth is much faster than all occupations’ 5% national average.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.