Table of Contents
Featured Resume Example: UI Developer
Name: SUZANNE MCCARTHY
Address: City, State, Zip Code
Creative UI Developer with five years of experience creating user-centric designs while adhering to prescribed interface principals and related development goals. Dedicated to creating inviting and unintimidating interfaces for everything from simple open-source applications to complex proprietary systems.
Chatbooks – UI Developer
03/2019 – Current
Company Name, City, State
- Communicate with product managers and UX designers to translate project requirements and business objectives into polished user interfaces.
- Design UIs within frontend web frameworks, exploiting associated templates, and tools to shorten development time by 30%.
- Redesign an e-commerce website that reduced cart abandonment rate by 18%.
GCommerce Solutions – UI Developer
09/2016 – 02/2019
Company Name, City, State
- Employed end-to-end Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies on over 40 projects, streamlining cross-discipline development.
- Analyzed existing interfaces to detect user pain points, recommending design changes and iterative updates to the UI/UX design team.
ELearning Brothers – Junior Web Developer
06/2015 – 08/2016
Company Name, City, State
- Worked with three team members to synchronize web presence
with brand identity and logo.
- Drafted customized layout and frames based on predetermined
parameters and expectations.
- Built website interfaces with HTML and CSS.
- AngularJS design
- RESTful API development
- Agile development methodologies
- Web application development
- Project organization
- Team collaboration
Bachelor of Science :
Web Development 05/2015,City, State
Top 4 Characteristics of a Best-in-Class UI Developer Resume
- Summary Give a concise overview of your work experience and top skills, addressing prime requirements from the job posting (for example, if the job stresses knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, then note it in your summary). Highlight areas where you’ve added value to your previous company. For example: “Solution-driven UI developer with 5+ years of experience in designing user-friendly applications. Adept in Adobe Illustrator, programming languages and graphical programs..
- Skills For the skill section, emphasize both technical skills (e.g., conceptual skills, CMS knowledge, proficiency in a specific programming language) and soft skills (e.g., excellent written and verbal communication, attention to detail).
- Work history While preparing this section, don’t just list daily tasks. Instead, use the PAR method: list Problems you’ve solved, the Actions you took to solve them. For example, “Identified and troubleshot application code-related issues, reducing bounce rates by 20%.”
- Education Feature your highest academic credentials and advanced degrees, especially those that are related to web design and development. (e.g., bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Development or Graphic Design). You should also add any relevant certifications that further showcase your design expertise, such as Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) and Google Mobile Sites Certification. If you are newly graduated or lack experience, include internships and relevant coursework in related fields.
See Why My Perfect Resume is a 5-Star Resume Builder
Find the Right Template for Your Resume
Use these professionally designed templates to create a resume that makes the right visual statement:
This template uses bold colors for the primary header as well as section headings, helping to focus the reader’s attention. Each section is separated by clean and clear lines, maintaining an even visual flow.
This unique design allows for easy customization of your work history and skills sections. Using professional fonts and a “connect the dots” graphic approach, it arranges your information for easy navigation.
This layout features a prominent monogram design for the job seeker’s name. The section headings are arranged on the left for quick reference.
UI Developer Officer Resume FAQs
1. What skills should a UI developer consider for a resume?
|Technical skills:||Soft skills:|
|Wireframe and prototyping||Active listener|
|HTML5 and CSS3||Leadership skills|
|Proficiency in CMS, JQuery, Bootstrap||Decision-making|
|Motion graphics||Time management|
|Visual design||Interpersonal skills|
|Developer tools and version control||Presentation skills|
|Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator||Ability to work under pressure|
|Multimedia design||Accepting and integrating feedback|
|Website stability and functionality||Adheres to deadlines|
|Digital graphic creation||Project management|
|Multi-device site integration||Multitasking|
|Wireframe and prototyping|
|HTML5 and CSS3|
|Proficiency in CMS, JQuery, Bootstrap|
|Developer tools and version control|
|Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator|
|Website stability and functionality|
|Digital graphic creation|
|Multi-device site integration|
|Ability to work under pressure|
|Accepting and integrating feedback|
|Adheres to deadlines|
2. What are some examples of training and certifications that fit a UI developer’s resume?
In addition to a degree in computer science, web development, mobile computing, graphic design, or related fields, look to gain extra certifications that show advanced proficiency, such as:
- Microsoft Developer Certification
- MCSD: Web Applications Solution Developer
- W3 HTML5 Developer Certificate
- Certificate in User Experience and Interface Design
3. How should I build my resume if I want to take a step forward in my career?
Show that you are ready for additional responsibilities and a more senior role (such as senior UI developer) by focusing on further developing your creative and managerial capabilities:
- Advanced training (e.g., master’s degree or training courses) in specialized areas such as web development
- Take on freelance projects to show off your full range of capabilities
- Continue training up in programming languages, wireframing, and coding languages like Python, and stay up to date with changes
- Gain experiences where you’ve taken on a leadership role in projects, and become involved in updating and improving web development processes
4. What’s the best way to incorporate relevant keywords in my resume?
Many employers now use Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to filter through resumes, depending on keywords. To make it through ATS, make sure you have the right keywords by reviewing the job posting and pinpointing prime skills and work requirements (e.g., “Developing front end solutions based in the React Framework”). Then match these keywords with your own skills and abilities, and address them in your resume. For example, you could write “UI developer with 3 years’ experience developing front end solutions” in your summary, or include “React Network” as a skill. For a full guide on how to pass ATS, see How to Write an ATS-Friendly Resume.
5. How should I format my resume?
If you are applying for a senior role that requires extensive experience, go with the chronological format, which serves up a hefty work history section. If you’re a first-time job seeker or lack experience, use a functional format that emphasizes the skills and training you already have. Use a combination format if you have a few years of web development experience and want to showcase both notable achievements and key skills.
- AIPB Certified Bookkeeper
- NACPB Licensed Bookkeeper
- QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor Certification