Assistant Principal Cover Letter Example + Tips
A cover letter is meant to introduce you and explain why you are interested in the open position. However, you have to be able to do all of this succinctly, as you only have one page. If you want to create a high-quality, professional document, you need to know what skills, experiences, and accomplishments to highlight. Use this free assistant principal cover letter sample and the tips below as you start to write your own letter.
Dear Mr. Alex Fontane,
Ever since I became a teacher, my goal has been to impact the lives of the students I teach. As an assistant principal, I can help shape young minds while also making it possible for teachers to do their jobs. I am a strong candidate for this position because of my understanding of the administration system and my passion for the field.
When the assistant principal at Mountain Valley High School went on maternity leave, I held the title of interim assistant principal. During those months, I gained insight into the budgetary, personnel, and maintenance needs of a school. In the year since my first foray into school administration, I have been able to help the assistant principal and principal with many of their duties.
During my 15 years of teaching, I have always strived to give my students a safe place to learn. As an assistant principal, I plan to create that atmosphere for all students at the school by providing teachers with the necessary tools.
I understand the importance of a solid education, which is part of what makes me a strong candidate. I know you are a busy man, so thank you for taking the time to review my resume. I look forward to talking with you about my experiences, skills, and achievements during the interview.
What to Include in an Assistant Principal Cover Letter
As you write your cover letter, you need to make sure the tone fits the position. In other words, keep it relevant and professional. It’s best to stick to one page and always address the reader by name. The introduction is often the hardest part of the application process, but try to explain what made you interested in the academic position, as the free assistant principal cover letter sample shows. When you are trying to decide what information to include, review your resume to avoid repetition.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
Your cover letter has to be tailored to fit the job you are applying to. You can use the above free assistant principal cover letter sample and these pertinent skills to give you a better understanding of what type of information should be included:
● Leadership: Assistant principals may set policies and educational goals, and they may have to help teachers reach those goals.
● Communication: Someone in this position has to be comfortable communicating with parents, teachers, and students.
● Problem-solving: When problems are brought to the assistant principal, he or she may have to implement appropriate solutions.
● Critical thinking: Assistant principals could be tasked with analyzing and improving teaching and testing policies.
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Education Career
- Education Administration Executive Resume
- Admissions Counselor Resume
- Education Assistant Director Resume
- Assistant Principal Resume
- Assistant Superintendent Resume
- College Admissions Representative Resume
- College Counselor Resume
- Dean Of Students Resume
- Guidance Counselor Resume
- Lead Educator Resume
- Principal Resume
- Registrar Resume
- Resident Assistant Resume
- Residential Counselor Resume
- School Administrator Resume
- School Counselor Resume
- Student Coordinator Resume
- Superintendent Resume
- University Administrator Resume