Leasing Consultant Cover Letter Example + Tips
When writing a cover letter to apply for a role in the rental industry, you will need to include information tailored specifically to that industry. Your cover letter should offer a glimpse of your professional history and prove to the hiring manager that you are the best candidate for the position. If you are struggling to write a cohesive letter, try taking a few cues from the free leasing consultant cover letter sample below.
Dear Mr. Williamson,
I recently noticed that you are in need of a reliable and experienced leasing consultant for your apartment complex, and I would like to express my interest in this position. I am trustworthy and personable, and have over twelve years of industry experience. With my skill set and ingenuity, I feel that I could elevate your leasing department to a new level.
For the last 12 years, I have worked for one of the city’s most upscale and desirable apartment communities. I take immense pleasure in securing new renters on a daily basis and ensuring that my department meets the goals set by the property owners. I am a hard worker, and I have exceeded my quota on a yearly basis.
Bringing in new tenants can be hard, but by creating a supportive environment for my leasing agents, we have been able to attract the attention of some of the most affluent citizens in the area. When a dispute arises, I am always sure to handle it with class and professionalism. If necessary, I am aware of the widely known legal procedures in the rental industry.
I understand that you have other candidates, but I truly believe that I would be a great fit for this position. Thank you for taking the time to review my cover letter and resume. I look forward to hearing from you.
Dear Ms. Campbell,
I have lived in this city for many years and have always admired the look and cleanliness of the residential communities owned by your company. I take pleasure in interacting with all types of people and would find it rewarding to help them find a home in one of your communities. My sales abilities and communications skills could be an asset to your company.
I have worked as an independent sales agent for the past three years, and have learned how to sell a variety of products as well as how to communicate with prospective clients and earn their trust. I understand the importance of interacting positively with everyone and maintaining a professional demeanor at all times.
My bachelor’s degree in communications taught me how to use both verbal and nonverbal communication to express myself effectively and efficiently. I know how to use multiple techniques to convey my intended message, and my previous job has allowed me to apply my knowledge in a practical way.
Both my education and my experience have prepared me to be an excellent leasing agent. I am grateful for the time you have taken to read this and consider me as an employee. I look forward to further discussing my interest in your company during an interview.
What to Include in a Leasing Consultant Cover Letter
To write an exceptional cover letter, you need to showcase your experience in the industry. Try including industry-oriented adjectives, and avoid repeating the information on your resume. Like this free leasing consultant cover letter sample, your letter should be short, so limit your writing to four paragraphs or less.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
As is the case in this free leasing consultant cover letter sample, you should include skills that are unique to your industry. If you are applying to be a leasing consultant, try adding the following skills.
● Personable: As a leasing consultant, you will need to convince people to sign and renew leases regularly.
● Goal-Oriented: Most leasing positions require employees to meet a quota. Show that you can meet or exceed this goal quickly.
● Knowledgeable: Property owners and managers want leasing consultants with a broad understanding of the rental and real estate industries.
● Passionate: This role requires a lot of interaction with others, and by showing that you are committed to providing clients with an enjoyable experience, you can boost your chances of getting hired.
What to Include in a Leasing Agent Cover Letter
A hiring manager may have to read through many cover letters, so it is crucial to make sure that yours stands out. You can make your cover letter interesting by including specific statements about their company, as demonstrated in this free leasing agent cover letter sample. You can also set yourself apart from other applicants by avoiding clichÃ©s and words that are vague.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
While success as a leasing agent will require many different skills, there are some that are more important to this role than others. As shown in this free leasing agent cover letter sample, highlighting the abilities that set you apart from other applicants can give you an advantage.
● Salesmanship: A leasing agent should be able to point out the various aspects of properties that make them desirable to potential clients and encourage a positive response from them.
● Negotiation Skills: When the price of a living space is flexible, a leasing agent needs to be able to arrive at a price that is acceptable to both the client and the company.
● Detail-Oriented: There are usually many documents and contracts that must be properly discussed with and signed by the clients.
● Communication Skills: Interacting and communicating effectively with clients is a key skill that successful leasing agents should possess.