123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Skilled and knowledgeable biologist with a proven record of accurate and reliable results in the lab for the past 14 years. Experience with collecting data and conducting experiments for studies in a variety of industries. Respected author of many publications on research and development of biological materials in highly respected papers and journals. Expertise with high-tech tools and scientific instruments in all aspects of the job. Strong background in a supervisory role for research assistants, interns, and those who are new to the field.
- -Excellent attention to detail and incredible organizational skills, which keep me focused on the small parts of each experiment.
- -Strong computer and data entry skills with experience in software such as C++, Perl, Excel, Access, SQL, and LabVIEW.
- -Expertise with scientific tools and instruments for data collection and experiments, such as pipettes, microscopes, centrifuges, and more.
- -Dedicated to performing experiments safely and following all of the proper regulations to ensure reliability.
- -Excellent written communication skills when preparing proposals, grant requests, study summaries, and research papers of my work.
- Gather data through the use of controlled experiments, and keep materials organized in order to study changes or trends.
- Use computers to keep track of results and input information about potential studies, materials used, and information learned from experiments.
- Supervise and train a team of 15 other scientists, research assistants, interns, and students in the science lab setting.
- Conducted research on specific marine biological populations by collecting samples from the field and creating conditions for an experiment.
- Published reports detailing findings after years or months of research, and indicated conclusions learned from the data.
- Published four peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals about some of the progress being made in the field of sea life biology.
- Attended industry conferences and events throughout the country to represent the organization and its goals.
- Supervised a team of student interns throughout their work in a biological lab as they used experiences to earn college credit.
- Collaborated with community members and leaders about the nature of the lab’s work, and reached out to show some of the lab’s benefits.
When I am not in the lab, I enjoy going out and seeing the world. I have backpacked and hiked all over the North American continent and visited many national parks. For the past several years, I have been slowly working on hiking various trails in and around Europe. Each summer, during my vacation time, I work on a new trail and hiking adventure trip.