If you hope to score a job interview to be a beauty consultant at an upscale department store or boutique, you must prove you have the skills for the position. The easiest way to do so is by creating a professional, well-written CV that highlights your beauty skills, knowledge of the industry, and personality assets. Model your CV after the included professional beauty consultant CV example below and implement the guidelines to ensure you have the best chance at earning the position.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Talented beauty consultant with 15 years of experience in the industry. Ability to work with a wide variety of beauty personalities that range from classic looks to bright and colorful. Former consultant to A-list celebrities who knows how to make each client feel like the most important person in the room. Excellent attention to detail and friendly, service-oriented personality.
- Ability to use a wide range of computer software, including accounting software, customer relationship management software, and point of sale software.
- Excellent customer service skills that include assessing needs, evaluating satisfaction, and meeting company and personal quality standards.
- Competent active listener who can provide full attention to clients to understand their needs and wants and create a look they will love.
- Sensitive to the problems of others and apply that sensitivity by listening to clients’ beauty concerns with a compassionate ear and providing actionable solutions to help them feel more beautiful and confident.
- Skilled influencer who can recommend products and services and explain the benefits to entice customers into making purchases.
- Greet customers with a friendly and professional attitude and ask them what type of look or service they are interested in during their visit.
- Apply full makeup to clients in their chosen style, walking them through every step and offering tips and tricks so they can recreate the look at home.
- Recommend products to individuals based on skin type, skin tone, and personal style preferences.
- Consulted with costumers, directors, writers, and actors and actresses to determine the best makeup look for a character and scene, and applied makeup based on the vision.
- Created unique makeup looks that fit actresses’ personal styles for red carpet appearances.
- Wrote beauty articles for some of the world’s top fashion magazines, including Cosmopolitan, Teen Vogue, and Elle.
- Administered beauty surveys and assisted customers with choosing the right products based on survey results.
- Demonstrated new products by applying them to customers or beauty mannequins, and answered questions regarding the new products.
- Designed and built product displays that showcased new items or special sales.
I love everything to do with beauty and fashion and often spend my free time attending tradeshows, testing new products, and learning about current and upcoming trends. I also enjoy fashion photography from behind and in front of the camera from time to time. On weekends, I sing in a local jazz band.
Beauty Consultant Job Overview and Tips
What Does a Beauty Consultant Do?
A beauty consultant’s ultimate goal is to sell the products or services offered by his or her employer. Beauty consultants accomplish this goal by providing personalized service to clients that include teaching which products work best for their skin tones and types, teaching how to apply makeup, and providing full-service makeup application to demonstrate products and entice customers to make a purchase. Beauty consultants must be personable and persuasive, which are skills you must mention on your CV if you hope to gain employment. The professional beauty consultant CV example can act as a guidebook as you write your own CV.
Tips for Creating a Great Beauty Consultant CV
As you write your CV, implement the following guidelines to ensure it is as professional as possible:
- Do use your personal summary to highlight your most relevant skills and accomplishments. This short paragraph is your “hook” and will help hiring managers decide whether they want to keep reading.
- Do not use phrases such as “responsible for” when writing your work experience bullet points. Instead, begin each bullet point with a strong action word.
- Do include quantifiable metrics when possible, such as mentioning how much money you earned by selling products or how many new customers you brought to a company.
- Do not include your GPA or your high school information unless you are a recent graduate or you have not yet attended college.
- Do proofread your CV multiple times. Even the most professional CV will be overlooked if you make spelling or grammar mistakes.
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Top Cosmetology CV Career
More Cover letter Examples for the Next Step in Your Top Cosmetology CV Career
More Cv Examples for the Next Step in Your Top Cosmetology CV Career
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs