A successful job search starts with a focused goal and an excellent CV. If your CV isn’t very inspiring, you can easily make it better by looking at samples and comparing them to your own document. Below, you will find a helpful tool in the graphic design CV example. This sample is mapped out as a complete document for you, including each important section such as a professional summary, a work history, an education section, a list of skills, and a paragraph about hobbies and interests.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 000-000-0000
Creative graphic designer with innovative ideas and a unique approach to visuals. More than seven years of experience developing designs for print media, online websites, video, and advertising. Solid understanding of marketing principles and advertising techniques. Great attention to detail and a talent for creating memorable visual designs. Enthusiastic team player who is committed to delivering top results on time and within the budget. Passion for keeping clients satisfied with each project.
- Proficient in all major computer design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash, Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Dreamweaver, Microsoft Visio, and Macromedia HomeSite.
- Strong base of knowledge and skill in all elements of design, visual layout, typography, color, and drawing techniques.
- Excellent media and technology skills related to internet marketing, web design, online message platforms, and more.
- Top written and oral communication skills allowing for more productive conversations with clients and colleagues.
- Committed to delivering strong customer service to each client and dedicating myself to a project until the client is pleased.
- Discuss project ideas and goals with each client, and turn these visions into real visual designs that meet the need using illustrations, artwork, design elements, and fonts.
- Create original rich images for company clients using various types of computer software for graphic design.
- Deliver top projects that please clients and attract new business, with a 14% increase in client referral rate.
- Met with clients, listened to their objectives for the look of their website, and developed a prototype design to fit the requirements.
- Revised prototype web designs after client review and specific feedback until the final look was achieved.
- Recognized by company as having an excellent client satisfaction rate, and awarded with top design achievement medal from the industry.
- Designed company logos for various types of organizations in a variety of industries based on line of work, corporate personality, and client preferences.
- Arranged photographs, illustrations, and other design pieces to convey a specific look for a company website.
- Brought in more than $750,000 in revenue during tenure with a marketing firm based on proven results and solid, effective design work.
I have a strong interest in visual arts beyond graphic design. I am also a skilled painter, sculptor, and drawer. I have had several of my pieces displayed in local art shows and galleries, and work on custom commissioned pieces for people from time to time. Additionally, I have an interest in interior design and enjoy reading about elements of room decor.
Graphic Designer Job Overview and Tips
What Does Graphic Design Do?
A graphic designer may work on a team that focuses on advertising, marketing, or web design. Graphic designers work in different mediums, such as print designs for magazines or newspapers, web design for internet sites, or general visual design for corporate graphics and logos. Graphic designers usually work as part of a team of other designers or content developers when creating new work for a client. They may meet as a team with a client and listen to the customer’s wants and needs for a graphic design project. Then, the graphic designer may put together a first draft of the design and submit it to the client for review. The client usually adds feedback and notes, and the designer then perfects the project until everyone is satisfied with the results. In the graphic design CV example, there are details about this design process.
Tips for Creating a Great Graphic Design CV
Getting your CV right for a position in graphic design takes some patience and dedicated focus on the task. Here are some other helpful tips:
- Use your words wisely and try not to be too detailed with your language; a CV should be concise, clear, and get straight to the point.
- Get the hiring manager’s attention right away with a strong opening as part of your professional summary.
- Demonstrate your talent and ability to please clients as a graphic designer by using achievements throughout your work history.
- Give details about how you have brought in revenue to past employers in the form of significant design work.
- Discuss your skills with the most common graphic design computer programs to show an employer you have what it takes to be successful in this field.
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs