123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 000-000-0000
Enthusiastic French teacher interested in a long-term position in international baccalaureate or language-immersion high school educational setting. Ten years of experience in both private and public school settings instructing French language and culture at middle and high school levels. Advised French honor society and maintained records for student graduation recognition. Arranged and chaperoned annual school trip to Paris for five years. Tracked student progress and communicated with parents.
- -Fluent in French
- -Adept with district technology applications and online software, including Moodle and Google classroom
- -Able to coordinate the needs and assessments of over 120 students under my instruction
- -Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- -Public speaking proficiency
- -Comfortable working with teenagers, parents, and administers to advocate for student enrichment and education
- Oversee department of nine teachers instructing three languages.
- Serve on school departmental task force for student development and enrichment.
- Organize and coordinate travel arrangements for student group of 20-30 for annual educational and experiential learning trip to Paris and other nearby regions.
- Maintain full load of French language classes with a concentration of honors and advanced instruction.
- Develop syllabus in accordance to curriculum standards as determined by state and district education agencies.
- Act as advisor to student-led French honor society, including scheduling meetings and maintaining criteria for acceptance and ongoing membership.
- Instructed students in French grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation.
- Created and administered examinations, assignments, and projects according to curriculum assessment standards.
- Improved academic performance of college-bound students by 19 percent through interactive dialogue plans.
- Provided after-hours tutoring for students to increase proficiency in spoken and written French.
- Scheduled in-house field trips to focus on cultural aspects of language study.
- Wrote lesson plans for assignments, classwork, examinations, and oral dictations to increase student understanding of French language, history, and culture.
- Worked with school officials on disciplinary measures to eliminate poor attendance and behavioral issues.
- Engaged students through creative materials, in-class demonstrations, and other means to increase retention and understanding.
- Maintained continuing credit requirements through online language conferences.
I am involved in a foreign exchange student program and host a French-speaking teenager from Africa or Europe twice a year. I am also passionate about gourmet cooking and am a member of a supper club. I travel abroad as often as my budget and career allow.