Best Teaching Resume Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Teachers instruct elementary and high school students in basic lessons and academic subjects to prepare them for more schooling or to enter the job market.
No matter where you are in your teaching career, we can help you write a resume to beat the competition and get a great teaching job.
We’ll help you build the perfect teaching resume or CV and create an effective teaching cover letter to accompany it. Plus, we offer some great examples of resumes, CVs and cover letters to get you started.
Resume examples for top teaching jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Teaching resume FAQ
1. What is the ideal resume format for a teaching resume?
There are three standard resume formats. The one you choose should depend on your level of work experience and career goals.
- Functional format: Entry-level applicants will benefit from this format. The layout focuses on skills, allowing you to showcase everything you can do.
- Combination format: This format puts the skills and work experience on equal footing. It is a great option if you have a few years of professional experience.
- Chronological format: Ideal for seasoned professionals with many years of experience, this format showcases expertise through a detailed work history section.
2. What are some common skills required for teaching jobs?
- Interpersonal skills.
- Verbal communication.
- Subject matter expertise.
3. What is the salary potential for a teaching professional?
The average salary for a teaching professional varies, depending on the grade level and area of expertise.
- Kindergarten and elementary school teachers: $$61,350.00 in 2021.
- Middle school teachers: $61,320.00 in 2021.
- High school teachers: $61,820.00 in 2021.
- Special-education teachers: $61,820.00 in 2021.
4. What does the career progression for professional teaching look like?
According to the BLS, teaching careers are expected to continue to grow through 2024, with nearly 1.9 million job openings for preschool through postsecondary school teachers from 2014 through 2024.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.